Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

remote for dvd player works, but buttons on face don't

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 05-10-14, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help, I have a sony 400 disc dvd/cd player. The buttons on the unit dont work, but the remote will make the dvd player work. It also will do random things while playing a DVD. Like menu options. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-10-14, 09:03 PM
Banned

Re: remote for dvd player works, but buttons on face don't

I'm not sure, but this sounds a lot like what happened to me not long ago. A button on my remote quit working. So, I took the remote apart and stuck a piece of metal tape on the underside of the button. This worked for about a week or so. Then, I was trying to watch something and the dvd started choosing options on it's own. I took the remote apart again and found that the metal tape had come loose and got stuck to the circuit board of the remote. So, I have to get a new remote.

You didn't mention anything like this, but it did remind me of it. How old is the player? Were you trying to press buttons on the remote or player when it picked menu options by it's self?
Old 05-10-14, 09:11 PM

No, just watching a movie. The player is probaly 7-8 years old. Its a sony 400 disc holder/player, so its worth fixing. Remote works fine, its just the buttons on the player wont work, almost like a button is stuck on the player.
Old 05-11-14, 11:53 AM
Banned

Definitely sounds like something with the buttons on the player. Maybe there's some sort of short in the wires that's kind of acting like a button is being pressed.