Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Audio lip sync issues on my DVD Player

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 05-11-12, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a Panasonic DVD-S68 upconverting player recently, and whist the picture looks good upscaled on my HD TV, I've noticed that the lip sync is not matching up with the picture. For example I was watching a movie via USB on the player last night and I noticed this issue, but I just assumed it was the actual movie torrent file that was the problem, because some torrents are just duds. The audio was about half a second quicker then the video and its very frustrating to watch. I then hit pause and then the play button again and the lip sync was back on track like normal but the problem kept re-occurring every 3 or so minutes. Now I'm watching an actual disc on the player and I'm getting the same inconsistency with the audio. Its the same exact same case too in that whenever I hit the pause button then the play button immediately after, the lip sync will play normal for a few minutes before playing up again. Obviously I use HDMI.

Also, I don't have this problem with my DVD/VCR combo player via RCA cables, that is also connected to the same TV.

So what could it be and can anyone give me some advice to how I can resolve this annoying problem? Could it be the specific HDMI cable that I am using? Is it the player itself? Are there options I could tweak to fix the problem?

I would appreciate help guys, thanks
Old 05-11-12, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Audio lip sync issues on my DVD Player

Seems like it's the player. Others have reported audio sync issues with other players in that series.
Old 05-13-12, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any tactics or whatever in how I could potentially correct this issue? Would changing HDMI cables perhaps help? Would tweaking a specific audio setting help? Any advice?
Old 05-13-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's what I would do
1. Try the hdmi cable but not upconverting the video
2. Try out other video connections, upconverting and not upconverting

Are you connecting it directly to your TV or a receiver? If it's to a receiver, first try connecting it to the TV and see what it does. If you are hooked up to a receiver, after trying it straight to the TV, do the other steps connected to both the TV and receiver.
Old 05-13-12, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds to me like it has to do with using a USB. I've never had that problem with normal movies.