Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Audio issue with Samsung 32" HDTV and SA4250HD box (Cablevision)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-08, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping someone could help me with this very frustrating problem I am having with my TV. As title says, I have a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV with a Scientific Atlanta 4250HD cable box from Cablevision. The problem I am having is every few seconds the audio drops out for a second or two. It seems as the day goes on it gets worse and worse (although I'm still not sure if it really does or its just me).
Either way tho, this is very annoying. I have a warranty for the tv and have an appointment for an in-home repair but I was messing around trying different things and I realized that when I watch a DVD, it doesn't do it, only when watching tv. Now, when watching a movie on my dvd player, the cable box is not in play but obviously it is when watching tv.
Could this be a problem with the hdtv cable box and NOT the tv since it works fine with movies??
I want to make sure because if it is then I can cancel the in-home appointment.
There was another issue that I had with this tv in the past and that time when the tech came to repair the tv, he said there was nothing wrong with the tv but instead the cable box was causing the problem..... (that time, the tv was getting real hot and shutting itself off and the turning itself back on after a couple of seconds even tho tv was properly ventilated).

Has anyone ever experienced this or know if it is the box or the tv causing the audio to go in and out every few seconds??? It is driving me crazy!!!!! LOL!!!
Old 12-27-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When dealing with troubles from a TV channel, it is best to first compare channels. It may not be either your cable box or TV set. If it happens on all channels, suspect the box first. Cable boxes are notorious for issues like this.

I'd say you've already cleared your TV of being the culprit since you checked with the DVD player.