DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Yes, Sad, I know...

Old 12-11-06, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Sad, I know...

So I have a little VHS/tv combo and the audio is going in and out when I watch regular tv on it. But the audio work fine when watching DVD's.

My mother said she would get me a TV for Christmas but I'm not lucky enough to get an HDTV just yet. So, I'm looking for a decent SD television. I was wondering if you have any advice on when it comes to getting a SD tv. Price range i'm looking towards is around 400-500 I suppose. Are all SD tv's the same these days? What do you guys think? The best deal at Best buy or Wal Mart?

Get back to me.

Thanks
Old 12-11-06, 07:56 AM

HAHA, sorry to make another post so quicky. But I was looking around for basic Tv's and came across this.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Insignia_NS_...-32154831.html

It's an insignia. It's a flat tube HDTV. it's only around 400 bucks but i'm sure I can find coupons or something to give to my mother. It's 1080i or so it states. And didn't get that bad of a write up on cnet. Would this be something to consider and would this be a perk since I was just looking for a regular SD tv to begin with? Anything to worry abotu with these flat tube HDTV's?

get back to me please.

thanks again.
Old 12-11-06, 02:33 PM

The Best Buy in Canada has a 26" widescreen toshiba crt HDTV for $399.
here
I imagine the one the US has it for less. If you watch for sales you can find a number of off-brand LCD flat panel hdtv around $500.

Last edited by J.J.A. Sabadoz; 12-11-06 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added link