Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Component Racks for under $100 - look at this one as well....

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-04, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

I am shopping for a decent comonent rack that has at least 4 shelves. I am not looking for the "new-age" open/glass shelf design . I am looking for more of the traditional design with adjustable shelves, etc. I want to spend under $100. Don't knock the brands, I will try anything.

Last night i picked up a nice one from Best buy for under $100. Here is a link to it at the manuf.'s site:

http://www.bushfurniture.com/bushind...d=7412&id4=AUD

It's a decent size, and has a little dvd/cd storage on the side (which I wasn't looking for, but it's ok to have). Has anyone every used this one?

What are some other nice component racks for under $100 that can be bought from stores (not online ones).? Just thought I would ask to spark some feedback...

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-16-04, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks like the exact same one I bought a couple years ago. Pretty good rack for the price. If that's the same one, it should also have a little storage area at the base, too. I gave it to my mom last year when she bought herself a HTB.

I'm going to be getting a new home theater in a couple months and I, too, am looking for a rack around the $100 range or less. If they're still selling this at Best Buy, I might have to pick up another one for myself.
Old 06-16-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
To the one you posted, maybe it's just me, but I REALLY don't like media storage on my component / equipment stands or racks. I think it looks really tacky.

The under $100 price point is a bit tricky. However, in my experience, often just the name "equipment rack" jacks the price way up. Heck, you could easily use the decent cabinents at Target at $25.00 for equipment stands!!
Old 06-16-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hello....

Yea, i think the media storage looks kinda weird as well. However, the way that the dvd's store in the back, they cannone be seen -- so that's kinda cool to keep a few back there. I probably wont keep cd's in the fron because i think it's tacky as well. I may actully remove the cd mounts so that you wouldn't be able to tell that it's for cd's. I may be able to display something in it -- a horror bobble head, or something else to take up the space.... Also, there is sotrage underneath for cables, etc.

I went to target -- there were a few things i could have used -- but unless it has ties to a tv stand or something of that nature, all of the shelves seem to be no deeper than 9 iches or so -- which would make it useless for an av rack... Let me know, however, if you happen to come across one that would be decent...

Thanks for the reply,

Matt
Old 06-16-04, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been hunting for a good cheap component rack for a while. I need lots of shelves (video game systems). I also need one without glass in the front - my X1 projector needs to sit on one of the shelves. If I found a cheap enough rack with glass, I could get a little table for the X1 with the extra $$.

Our local Meijer store has one in Michigan Cherry on clearance for $54, but it's hard to match up that shade of cherry with anything else, so I hesitate to pick it up.

Media storage for us is pointless, because all the DVDs, games, etc are in another room (too many to store in living room).

If you can find it in stock in your local store, Circuit City has one called the Planet 3 Audio Component rack for $129 - 5 shelves. Search for planet 3 @ circuitcity.com and you can see a picture of it and check availability.

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 06-16-04 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-16-04, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Office Max has a open shelf design A/V rack that seems to often go on sale for around $50-75.