Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone looking for a TV/Stand and maybe a HT setup???

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-03, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to get a plasma for my bedroom for space savings. If anyone local is willing to buy my setup now, it would save me some money on my new stuff.

The tv is a Sony XBR Wega 32 inch 32xbr450(i think!?) It is HDTV ready and weighs a ton. It cost me 2k

The Stand is a Boltz 2 shelf. It was the larger one designed for the heavier XBR models. It cost me 600 and a lot of time to assemble

The HT set up if I sell it is a Sony Dream System DAV-C900.
It has 4 aluminum towers, a center and a sub. The unit has 5 discs, plays DVD(progressive), SACD and all CDs. I think it is 70wx5 and the sub is 100w. Cost me 1k

Set up is still together so can demo. It has HD Cable hooked up right now, so you can see the incredible picture. Make me an offer. Local pickup only.
Old 03-13-03, 03:21 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I'm not interested. But, since you say local pickup only, you may want to post where LOCAL is. It might increase your chances of matching yourself with a local buyer about 1,000,000,000%.
Old 03-13-03, 03:26 PM

Sorry about that. NJ is where "local" is.
It sounds and looks excellent. I will throw in some high end cables if the price is right.
Old 03-13-03, 03:29 PM

I have sinced moved, but i thought it was in there. Now in the Piscataway/South Plainfield area.
Old 03-13-03, 03:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Completely unrelated, though extemely relevant.

Is this thread even allowed as per membership rules? I have always thought moderators try to eliminate sellers on these boards. This isn't the place for it. There are 30,000+ registered members on DVDTalk. We ALL have something we want to sell, whether it's an old cordless phone, or a decent theatre system. If all 30,000+ members started selling stuff on the boards, this forum would turn to $h!+. If this was allowed, I could create about 16,000 threads to sell things. It kills me to see people in the bargains threads thinking those are actually bargains. I could sell a 100,000 DVDs a month for $8 less each than those "bargains" and make millions. But, that isn't what this forum is for.

(For those of you that actually want cheap DVDs, don't bother looking me up. I do not check my profile email. I haven't checked it in over a year. I do not use DVDTalk as a selling venue.

Nor should you.

I'm not trying to be a d!*k about it. I just want to protect DVDTalk. It is a valuable resource to me, and 10s of 1,000s of others. If we allow you to sell in this forum, we have to allow everyone to sell here. Where would it stop? Want to buy my car? Local buyers only! LMAO!
Old 03-13-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WH, my thoughts exactly. I'm surprised this thread has lasted so long. If anyone's interested I want to get rid of:

- Epson 800 ink jet printer

- Handspring Visor (blue)

- Numerous old Nokia analog cell phones

- 900 MHz Bell South cordless phone (could probably use a replacement battery)

- Star Wars Eps 4-6 Officialy VCD set.

- Couple old PC cases

- 14" monitor

- 27" Admiral Full Color TV, great working condition

I'm interested in 'best offer' deals and straight trades. Local pick up only, and no livestock accepted.
Old 03-13-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Wolf Husky
Completely unrelated, though extemely relevant.

Is this thread even allowed as per membership rules? I have always thought moderators...
If there's a thread that you think should be brought to the moderators' attention, you should just simply click on a "Report this Post to a Moderator" link in the thread.

The mods can't read every thread. They can't read every post. They can't read minds.

Until and unless they are notified (hint, hint), they shouldn't be taken to task for letting one slip.
Old 03-13-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Berkowitz, there are forums elsewhere for selling items. Try these.

www.hometheaterforum.com
www.avsforum.com

Good Luck.

Originally posted by Wolf Husky
It kills me to see people in the bargains threads thinking those are actually bargains. I could sell a 100,000 DVDs a month for $8 less each than those "bargains" and make millions. But, that isn't what this forum is for.
Whats that have to do with anything?