Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Everrything Squished with new DVD PLayer

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-02, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a Mustek DVD player for christmas and I know at the price paid not to expect too much, but... Everything onscreen is stretched vertically (people look tall and skinny). I tried the same DVD's on different players and have determined the problem is that the player is displaying a larger picture (as a result I have smaller black bands at the top and bottom) at the expense of compressing the picture to fit on screen at the greater size. I have loked through the limited instructions and have not found any way to fix this, I have also detemined that this is common to all of these models, not just my individual unit. Any suggestions? The player plays fine and has nice features except for this iritating problem.
Old 01-02-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In your dvd player's setup menu, there should be a section where you tell it what screen shape you are using.

Right now, it is set to 16:9 or "widescreen." Change it to 4:3 (the setting is probably called "4:3 letterbox."