Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Reasons for Audio going out of synch?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Reasons for Audio going out of synch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-01, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was watching my Army of Darkness DVD last night out in our apartment living room. About halfway through the movie my roomate and I noticed the audio was off a little. It might have happened right after I hit pause or another button. I hit the menu button twice and that seemed to put it back in the right place.

I was watching the movie on my PS2, and although I have not seen many dvds on it yet, all others played flawlessly. Then I looked at the actual DVD today and when I tilt the disc in the light on one half there is a dark brown crescent mark. I can't remember ever noticing it before. This may explain the mark, but I'm sure I am going to get yelled at for telling you all this. When I go home from school on a weekend I usually bring a few dvds, but rather then take the entire case I put them in my very secure cd carrying case. It's a Fellowes Exo, very secure. I'm not really worried about scratching the disc because I place the DVDs in certain spots of the case where it would not come close to touching the zipper, plus I trust my CDs in there and have never got a scratch. However, I think once or twice I may have left the case in my car for a few hours during the day (while the DVD discs were in there )and was wondering if the heat caused this mark on the disc? I'm not even sure if that is the source of my problem. I'll check out the spot where I had a problem last night and see if its still like that. Given all this info, does anyone have an idea why this happened or why it happens in general?

[Edited by seeyouauntie on 05-22-01 at 10:22 AM]
Old 05-23-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I doubt that the spot is cause of the lip-synch problem -- it's more likely the player -- does anyone really need to tell you not to leave your DVDs sitting in a hot car for a few hours?