Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

FS: Criterions, art films, anime, etc.

Community
Search
DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-17, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I'm selling some media to help raise money for my own art. For reference, see my feedback on amazon.com (boltz009), ebay.com (opivdkpw), and discogs.com (caughtonthewire). These are all official DVD releases, in most cases Region 1 from the US, and include the original artwork and box unless otherwise noted. Some I purchased new, some used... I am happy to answer any questions. Anyhow, all prices are negotiable...most are based upon an average market value. Feel free to make an offer, I may be open to trades as well. Shipping will be a standard flat rate of $3, with single DVDs shipping first class. Any additional DVDs will ship for free but your order will be sent via USPS media mail unless you request expedited shipping (available at cost.) I accept paypal. Thanks for looking!

* Hercules in the Haunted World (Mario Bava) Fantoma. $6 Includes insert. Disc has light surface scratches which do not affect play.
* The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone (Jose Quintero, Vivien Leigh, Warren Beatty, Lotte Lenya) 1961. $6
* Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (BBC version from 1990, DVD release on HVE) $6 Good shape, includes booklet insert and artwork. Disc has light surface scuffs.
* Lust, Caution (R-rated version) $4 Still sealed.
* The Guard from Underground (Kiyoshi Kurosawa, 2006 Artsmagic release) $12 OOP, Japanese art/horror/satire from 1992. Former rental with ugly stickers on the artwork. Disc is in good shape however, with only light surface wear.
* Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (Kerry Conran, 2004) $6 New, still sealed...
* Incident at Loch Ness (Werner Herzog, 2004) $10 Dual-sided disc with movie on one side, supplements on the other. Good shape, includes insert.
* The Story of Marie and Julien (Jacques Rivette, 2003) $18, official USA release on Koch Lorber from 2005. In excellent shape, includes Koch Lorber catalog insert.
* A Man Escaped (Robert Bresson, 1956, Region 2, Artificial Eye) $12. Includes 1984 "Road to Bresson" documentary (54 minutes), not available on many other releases.

Criterion:

* The Moment of Truth (Il momento della verita, Francesco Rosi, 1965). Official 2012 Criterion release. Includes booklet, clear case with artwork. In excellent condition. $12
* Monte Carlo (Ernst Lubitsch) 2007 release on Criterion/Eclipse. $12 This is a former rental and looks to not be in the original case. The disc is nearly perfect...the artwork has a rental sticker in the upper left corner.
* Drunken Angel (Akira Kurosawa, 1948) 2007 Criterion release. $15. Former rental...disc is in excellent shape, with only very faint surface wear. Artwork has a rental sticker in upper left corner. Does not include inserts.
* RAN (Akira Kurosawa, 1985) 2005 2-disc Criterion, OOP, $50. In fantastic shape...includes booklet, 2005 Criterion catalog, and Ugetsu post card. Both discs in excellent shape, with only light wear.
* Sword of the Beast (Hideo Gosha, 1965) 2005 Criterion release. $15. Includes booklet insert and artwork. Disc has light surface wear, which does not affect play.
* La Ronde (Max Ophuls, 1950) 2008 Criterion release in near mint condition. $18. Digipack with slipcover, includes booklet insert.
* Contempt (Godard, 1964) OOP, 2-disc Criterion release, like new. $40
* BRD Trilogy: The Marriage of Maria Braun, Veronika Voss, Lola (4-disc 2003 Criterion release). OOP, $80. This set would be in near mint shape were it not for disc 2, Veronika Voss, which has surface scuffs likely due to the disc being a "floater" in shipping. The marks are only on the very surface and do not affect play, but because they're noticeable I have reduced the price.

Anime & Animated:

* Appleseed: Limited Collector's Edition (2004, Steelbook 2-Disc edition on Geneon). Includes 2 inserts, discs and artwork are in excellent condition. $10
* Appleseed Ex Machina (2008, Warner Bros) $6. Excellent condition, includes insert.
* Hell Girl Complete Season One (6 volume set in art box.) This is a set of all 6 individually released volumes, housed in the art box that came with the Volume 1 starter pack. The art box does have some wear which occurred in shipping, most notably a V shaped ding on the plain red background...it almost looks appropriate like hell girl left behind a claw mark Pictures available upon request. Volume 1 is open but in near mint condition, including the 3 art cards. The other 5 volumes are sealed, and each includes a unique art card. Beautiful artwork! $150
* Spiral (Volumes 1 through 5) The discs and cases are in excellent shape. This does not include volume 6, which I never owned but can be purchased individually. $35
* KARAS: The Complete Collection (2007 Official Region 1 release on Manga) $35. 2 volume set with artbox. Includes "The Prophecy" and "The Revelation"... Volume 1 includes inserts and small comic book. Discs are both in excellent shape. Artbox does have some general storage wear and a price tag sticker.
* Giant Robo: The Animation "The Day the Earth Stood Still: The Perfect Collection" (Official LiteBox release from 2009 on Media Blasters). $75. This 4-disc set includes all 3 volumes plus the Ginrei Special. In excellent shape. I am the original owner and have watched the series twice.
* Princess Princess (Official 2009 Media Blasters LiteBox release) $30. Excellent condition, I am the original owner and watched the series once or twice.
* NOIR: Volumes 1, 2, 3, and 5. (original ADV single volume releases) $15 for 4, or $5 each. All discs in excellent shape and include artwork with inserts.
* Steamboy: Director's Cut (Katsuhiro Otomo, of Akira fame, 2005) $6 Sealed, but shrinkwrap is beginning to peel.
* Memories (Katsuhiro Otomo, 1995) $15 Official USA release on Columbia Tristar, excellent condition, includes insert and booklet.
* Millenium Actress (Satoshi Kon, of Paprika fame, 2001) $20 Official 2003 release on DreamWorks. Excellent condition.
* The Place Promised in Our Early Days (Makoto Shinkai, 2005 ADV release) $25 Light surface wear on disc, includes insert, artwork, and original clear case.

* Allegro Non Tropo (Bruno Bozzetto, 1977) $75 OOP. Described as an Italian surrealist Fantasia for adults. 2003 release on HVE. Disc in excellent shape, includes booklet insert.

Documentary/Music/etc:

* Wild Combination: A portrait of Arthur Russell. $20 Includes booklet insert. Excellent condition.
* Speaking in Strings: Nadja Salerno-Sonnenberg (Paola Di Florio, 1999) $15 Former library rental. Light surface scratches, stickers on artwork, etc.
* Bob Dylan: 1966 World Tour (the Home Movies) $6 Disc has surface wear that does not affect play. 2006 release on Highway 61 Entertainment. Note, this DVD is mostly behind the scenes silent 8mm footage, narrated by the drummer from 1966 world tour with The Band. Some Dylan fans have been disappointed with the lack of Dylan actually in the footage, so this may be more for those fascinated by the historical time and place.

Thanks for looking! Feel free to send me a PM or email at floatonthrough at hotmail dot com.

Last edited by boltz009; 03-20-17 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-06-17, 06:06 PM

Re: FS: Criterions, art films, anime, etc.

We can't PM you until you reach 10 posts. I'm interested in Ran and Millennium Actress.
Old 02-06-17, 10:04 PM

Ah, darn...I wondered why I couldn't find any links to private messages...sorry about that, thanks for letting me know. Well, folks can email me at floatonthrough at hotmail dot com.
Old 02-07-17, 08:28 PM

RAN and Millennium Actress have sold. Any titles listed are still available. Thanks.
Old 02-09-17, 03:18 PM

It seems I can now receive PMs, but interested folks are welcome to email too, whichever is easiest.
Old 02-17-17, 06:35 PM

I posted a few of these on ebay in hopes they will reach more eyes. Please feel free to make offers on the remaining titles, especially if you are interested in more than one. Thanks!
Old 02-26-17, 02:04 PM

BRD is sold, all other titles listed are still available.
Old 03-20-17, 09:42 PM

Hell Girl has sold, all other listed titles still available.