Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Exchange
Reload this Page >

WTB, Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier (DVD)

DVD Exchange Swap DVDs with your fellow DVD Talkers.

Old 04-22-11, 07:41 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts

I'm trying to find a new or like new copy of Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier on DVD. I know that it is OOP but I really can't afford to shell out a whole bunch of money for it. I'm hoping to find a copy where the packaging is pristine and the discs are blemish free. Does anyone have a copy of this DVD they would like to sell for a reasonable price?

Thanks, -kd5-
Old 04-23-11, 01:24 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 888 Likes on 751 Posts
Re: WTB, Apocalypse Now: The Complete Dossier (DVD)

i would be willing to let mine go, even has the Circuit City bonus disc. pristine condition, inside and out.

*edit* just found my copy and it is flawless.
Old 04-23-11, 04:29 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks! Check your PMs... -kd5-
Old 04-24-11, 07:05 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still looking for this. I may have to just wait like I did for The Odyssey. Apparently OOP means big bucks that I really can't afford to pay. I'm pretty good at waiting (don't like it but what else can I do?). -kd5-
Old 04-24-11, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the Best Buy exclusive that you're after?
If not, there are copies of the 2 disc standard release available on Amazon marketplace for under $10.
Old 04-24-11, 03:02 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

I don't necessarily care about exclusives, I just want The Complete Dossier which gives me the theatrical + Redux versions in one package (the Bonus disc would be a nice addition but it's not absolutely necessary). I'd already looked at Amazon Marketplace (and pretty much everywhere else I could think of), cheapest there is over $12 (including shipping) for a Very Good copy. I'm hoping to find New or Like New for $15 or less. I may have a long wait... -kd5-
Old 04-24-11, 06:47 PM

Do you have a trade list? I have a copy with the CC bonus disc but I don't think I want to let go of it for 15 shipped.
Old 04-25-11, 12:10 AM

I have a spare copy with a pretty rough cover (the sides are unglued and the spine is rough looking) that I'll sell or trade for cheap if you want it. Let me know. I'm happy to pass along a good deal to someone who need it and isn't just going to flip it.
Old 04-25-11, 07:44 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dlinke01
Do you have a trade list? I have a copy with the CC bonus disc but I don't think I want to let go of it for 15 shipped.
These are the only DVDs I have to trade:

Blade Runner: Theatrical Version (this is a bootlegged copy from well before anyone knew if they were ever going to re-release the theatrical version and it was hard to find. Art work on case/disc is all professional-looking but the disc copy looks substandard).
Children Of Men, WS, watched once, Like New.
Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, 2-Disc Collector's Edition, watched twice, Like New.
A Clockwork Orange, 2-Disc Special Edition, watched once, Like New.
Dark City (New Line Platinum Series), WS, watched 2 or 3 times, still in excellent condition.
The Grudge, Theatrical Version, watched once, Like New, w/ slipcover.
Eddie Murphy: Raw, WS, watched once, Like New.
Serenity, WS, watched once, Like New.
Stargate Atlantis: Rising, WS, watched once, Like New
The Warriors: Ultimate Director's Cut, WS, watched once, Like New.

I just lost an auction for a brand new copy of The Complete Dossier that ended up selling for $15.51 (damn it), a Like New sold for $14.74, a Like New that should've been listed as Very Good sold for $7.24, and another Like New sold for $11.51 (back when I thought I could get it for cheaper than that, damn it), so if people have a chance, that's what they're willing to pay for it. Also tracking auctions for Like New: $7, Brand New: $10, and Brand New: $12, and of course there are those that think they have a goldmine selling them for $50 & $150...

I don't want to pay more than $15 for this movie (really don't want to pay more than $13, I'd rather pay less). If nobody has it for that then I'll just have to wait. I've gotten lucky at Ebay, but I've had to develop an extraordinary amount of patience. Apparently, when a DVD goes OOP, some people get $$$ in their eyes which might be fine for the desperate/stupid rich person, but I am none of those. -kd5-

Last edited by kd5; 04-25-11 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-25-11, 07:47 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pseudo
I have a spare copy with a pretty rough cover (the sides are unglued and the spine is rough looking) that I'll sell or trade for cheap if you want it. Let me know. I'm happy to pass along a good deal to someone who need it and isn't just going to flip it.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer, but I'm looking for a New or Like New copy of this DVD. -kd5-
Old 04-25-11, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

I have one. Shoot me a PM with the price point you're willing to pay for a "minty-fresh" copy.
Thanks!

clappj
-GldTrader
Old 04-25-11, 09:25 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Still looking... -kd5-
Old 04-25-11, 11:30 PM

Just curious... why do you want this specific version? Since the blu-ray is superior on all fronts, why don't you just get the other easier to find DVDs and then upgrade to the blu-ray. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-26-11, 07:19 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dlinke01
Just curious... why do you want this specific version? Since the blu-ray is superior on all fronts, why don't you just get the other easier to find DVDs and then upgrade to the blu-ray. Just a suggestion.
To answer your questions, I don't own a blu-ray player, my entire collection is DVD. I want The Complete Dossier because I would like to own both versions of this movie. The theatrical version is the one I'm most interested in, reviews indicate that in adding the additional 50-something minutes for Redux, they eliminated a lot of the creepiness factor that was a part of the theatrical version. I like that creepiness factor, but I'd like to have both versions anyway. It's getting extrememly difficult to find the theatrical version on DVD these days, it's all about Redux. Bunch of crap if you ask me. So, I want The Complete Dossier for both versions of this movie. Persistance & perseverance means that I'll own this DVD before all is said and done, but I won't pay through the nose for it. This DVD was $15/$13 when it was on the shelves at the major retailers. I don't want to pay more than that, I don't care that it's OOP, people who own copies of this want to make a bunch of money off of it, they won't be who I get this DVD from. -kd5-
Old 04-26-11, 10:03 AM

There are used copies of the original theatrical release on amazon marketplace for cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/6305609705/ref=sr_1_4_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1303829647&sr=8-4&condition=used

And for Redux it's even cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00005OWEG/ref=sr_1_6_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1303829647&sr=8-6&condition=used

But I would still recommend the Blu-ray, even if you gotta wait. Seeing the film in it's original aspect ratio is just an amazing home theater experience. It's easily my favorite blu. It's a, if not THE, reason to splurge and buy a blu-ray player.
Old 04-26-11, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There are a couple of Like New copies on Half.com for $10 plus $3 shipping.
Old 04-27-11, 12:44 AM

sent you a pm, let me know if you still need it.
Old 04-28-11, 07:07 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Found a Like New copy of the Circuit City Exclusive for $15 shipped. Thanks everybody for your help! -kd5-