Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-11, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: Blu-Ray Enrollment Titles?

Has anyone contacted CH about backordered enrollment titles since they removed Blu Rays from the website? I still have backorders for Top Gun and Hot Rod. Hot Rod I doubt I'll ever see, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't have shipped Top Gun by now.
Old 05-25-11, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Galt
Has anyone contacted CH about backordered enrollment titles since they removed Blu Rays from the website? I still have backorders for Top Gun and Hot Rod. Hot Rod I doubt I'll ever see, but I don't see any reason why they couldn't have shipped Top Gun by now.
I believe a new version of Top Gun is scheduled to come out so they could be "out of stock" of that for some time. I ended up cancelling my Top Gun and was able to snag "Fiddler on the Roof". The nice thing with a cancelling an enrollment title it allows you to get a title that was not eligible for enrollment. I had another title come up cancelled that was an enrollment and I used that to get Scott Pilgrim, another title that was not eligible for enrollment.
Old 05-25-11, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had Top Gun backordered on the last enrollment I was able to get in.

I called and they said it wouldn't be in stock until mid-June, so I called and replaced it with Army of Darkness. I received my enrollment package yesterday.
Old 05-25-11, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Have either of you 2 tried and contact them and ask about your enrollment package?
I emailed them about my "provisional" account (which would've been my second), but since there was no account number to reference they just sent me a stock reply on how to log in to the other, already open account I had. Bah.
Old 05-25-11, 11:01 AM

^^&^^^ Was this after they removed the Blu Rays from enrollments? There's quite a few titles I would love to pick up, but I've been afraid that if I call in they'll only let me select from titles currently available for enrollment (in other words, only DVDs)
Old 05-25-11, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Have either of you 2 tried and contact them and ask about your enrollment package?
I will definitely try that before returning the Blue Valentine Blu-ray. I'm sure it'll be some kind of runaround as usual.
Old 05-25-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I will definitely try that before returning the Blue Valentine Blu-ray. I'm sure it'll be some kind of runaround as usual.
Interesting development...I just went to fire off that email and my order history now shows my enrollment package as processing. Looks like they'll make good on it.
Old 05-25-11, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Interesting development...I just went to fire off that email and my order history now shows my enrollment package as processing. Looks like they'll make good on it.
Same here, seems promising.
Old 05-25-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All hell, me too. Should be intersting to see what happens. Did either of you notice your bonus point balance be on the high side? They counted my enrollment package as bonus points it appears as I now have 16 points. While there is not a whole lot to choose from, there are some regular club price blu's that I'll be able to use this towards. It figures I gave up on this on picked up Tommy Boy as part of the Blockbuster sale. Will basically go ahead and sell the new copy then and sweeten this whole deal even more as far dropping my per title price assuming I get these after all.
Old 05-25-11, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine shows 14 bonus points, it also wanted me to re-enter my payment info (the payment type had changed to bill me), and the items all say shipped. If I really get these, it'll definitely be one of the better CH deals I've ever gotten.
Old 05-26-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ginwen
Mine shows 14 bonus points, it also wanted me to re-enter my payment info (the payment type had changed to bill me), and the items all say shipped. If I really get these, it'll definitely be one of the better CH deals I've ever gotten.
I imagine you did not order a fulfillment title then most likely? Yep, it asked for my payment method as well again. Fingers crossed, if this is the swan song I got a decent 3rd group of titles on my 3rd account made.

Saturday Night Fever
Raging Bull
Tommy Boy
Misery
Ghost
Last Action Hero
The Bank Job

Iron Man 2 (39.95club price before savings so fulfilled account with 1 purchase)
The Dilemma (DVD, will sell on Ebay to lower overall cost)

and now have 16 points as well due to possible glitch with enrollment package, so likely 1 Blu from the under $10 page as well although I might get Howard the Duck as I wonder if that will ever see Blu
Old 05-26-11, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had sent email out two weeks ago maybe about account that was stock without account number, after reading in here I went to check and now it says I have balance of enrollment package due. Says they were shipped yesterday and also says my account is fulfilled even though i haven't made the necessary purchases. I think I will hold off on paying until I actually receive the enrollment package.
Old 05-29-11, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had placed a fulfillment order right after my enrollment order and I received that in the mail Friday. I had $14 in fun cash for some unknown reason, so I placed an order for The Stranger on BD and only paid $2.99 for shippiing. That and my enrollment order show as shipped, so I should see them mid-week if all works out.
Old 05-31-11, 09:34 PM

What link are you guys using to get Blu-rays as enrollments. Everytime I click on the original post all the blus show up as members only?
Old 05-31-11, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
What link are you guys using to get Blu-rays as enrollments. Everytime I click on the original post all the blus show up as members only?
That ship sailed a few weeks ago. Once again, Blu-rays are ineligible as enrollment selections.
Old 06-03-11, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got the third enrollment package yesterday, the one I got it before the killed the deal. Still says my account is fulfilled without making an additional purchase. Got 7 Blus for $12.98 and account is fulfilled.
Old 06-03-11, 05:22 PM
Cool New Member

I'd almost forgotten that U2: Rattle and Hum was backordered from my enrollment order 5/9. Called them yesterday and got them to switch to American Graffiti with no problem. Sweet!
Old 06-03-11, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received my enrollment order AND my funcash order today. Looks like everything worked out just fine. I really hope we get another opportunity to enroll with BD's. I am fortunate that I managed to get in three this last time.
Old 06-06-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Cochiseguy
I'd almost forgotten that U2: Rattle and Hum was backordered from my enrollment order 5/9. Called them yesterday and got them to switch to American Graffiti with no problem. Sweet!
Had something similar happen. Since my enrollment 'Hot Rod' blu-ray was discontinued (don't ask, I have teenagers!). So it was finally marked canceled in my order history the other day. Called today (the 717 number) and very painlessly got it replaced with 'The Breakfast Club' blu-ray (which has a MSRP of 26.95). There was some initial confusion where I had to explain this was a blu-ray enrollment selection which kind of caught the CSR off guard. She initially said the MSRP had to be below 22.95 and not a blu-ray. When I pointed out that the original title was a blu-ray she said "Well then, let's try it. Huh, it went through. So is there anything else I can help you with?"

Checking my cell phone it literally too under 4 minutes including dialing, entering my account number, getting pitched another deal, etc. The only problem now is what do I do with all of the Maalox I presumptively purchased over the weekend knowing I was going to be dealing with CH service today?
Old 06-07-11, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
...When I pointed out that the original title was a blu-ray she said "Well then, let's try it. Huh, it went through. So is there anything else I can help you with?"
Cool beans!
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
...I have teenagers!...
Hold on to the Maalox; it'll come in handy.
Old 06-09-11, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
Hold on to the Maalox; it'll come in handy.
Excellent point!
Old 06-16-11, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, screw them. I was gonna join, but if it's DVDs they can fuck themselves.
Old 06-22-11, 09:22 AM

I was able to email them to get my final three OOS enrollment titles replaced. Ordered Happy Gilmore, The Fall, and American Graffiti. It sure was nice while it lasted.
Old 06-27-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
I was able to email them to get my final three OOS enrollment titles replaced. Ordered Happy Gilmore, The Fall, and American Graffiti. It sure was nice while it lasted.
How did you do that? Hot Rod was OOS for my enrollment, and I need to replace it with something.
Old 06-27-11, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by stingermck
How did you do that? Hot Rod was OOS for my enrollment, and I need to replace it with something.
You can email or call them and just tell them you want to change your enrollment titles that are OOS (you can get most catalog titles) even if they are newer. Doesn't hurt to ask about them.
I got Grumpy Old Men/Grumpier Old Men instead to replace my Hot Rod.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.