Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-15, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

(Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service and The Wind Rises now available as enrollment titles.)

Last edited by cgray; 02-16-15 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-16-15, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgray
(Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service and The Wind Rises now available as enrollment titles.)
Nice! Maybe I'll have a better chance at getting mine to go through now...
Old 02-16-15, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgray
I was just shot down on getting those. I was told I have to wait until tomorrow. Getting that information was like pulling teeth. She just kept saying the titles were not available for enrollment until 2015. I kept repeating "It IS 2015. What is the specific date?" And she just kept repeating herself. Finally she said it has to be ordered after this date. I said what date. Then she said this date. This routine repeated several times, before I said "Do you mean after TODAY?" Finally she said, yes, after today...

Here is where I may have gone wrong. She didn't want to delete my account. She gave me the account number, and said I should use it when I call back tomorrow. I hope that doesn't screw me somehow...
Old 02-24-15, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I just had a somewhat odd experience this evening while trying to rejoin this evening. After going through the whole process and being allowed all but one of my choices, the lady handling my sign up said she had to confirm my selections. After being on hold for about a minute she comes back and says that I could not have any of my selections. I tried explaining to her that nearly all of the movies I asked for were available online. After some back and forth discussion I gave up and signed up online.

Her excuse for not allowing any of my selections was that they all were either Anniversary editions or contained digital copies. The only reason I had for calling in this order was to try and get The Adv. of IC/Fancy Free as an enrollment. After I told her nearly all of these were available online, she said I could "try" and order them online as if she did not think they would be allowed that way either. Anyways, here is what I ordered...

The Apple Dumpling Gang
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
Herbie The Love Bug
Herbie Rides Again
Tarzan
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Olaf blanket

I told her to cancel everything out so it would not mess me up when I placed my online order. Hopefully she did.
Old 02-25-15, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
From what others have said on another site it is usually three months from release before it is offered online as an enrollment. Some of the Ghibli titles are currently on backorder. So if you do sign up with Ghibli's as part of your enrollment , there may be a delay in receiving your order.
I can confirm this could be an issue. I literally waited for over a month because one of more of the Ghibli titles was on back order and it seems they will not ship partial enrollment orders. Then again, maybe they realized how often people will order them and they will not let it happen again.
Old 02-25-15, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Havn't had a run at the Disney club yet, is it true they go easier on first timers when calling in?

Most of what I want is of the 3D variety.
Old 04-11-15, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Well, joined for the first time. First time I've done any of these type clubs since Columbia House & BMG in the mid-90s. I had been wanting to get into some Miyazaki, and since they're never on sale anywhere, I figured this was my best bet. Did the 5 for $1 + blanket offer and grabbed:

Howl's Moving Castle
My Neighbor Totoro
Secret World of Arietty
Naussica of the Valley of the Wind
Whisper of the Heart
Kiki's Delivery Service
Tarzan

Not a bad haul for 6 movies that rarely dip below $25 each.
Old 04-27-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like Mike^^^^ I haven't done one of these in a long time. What's the best current promo?
Old 04-27-15, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
1) Five Disney Blu-Rays for $1.00 (or 20¢ each) for your initial sign-up with the commitment to purchase 3 titles within the next 24 months. Free shipping with registered Credit Card
2) You can select a 6th optional Blu-Ray for $11.95. This title will count towards as your 1st commitment.
3) An optional 7th Blu-Ray for $8.95, but this title will not go towards your commitment

All these codes have the same basic deal
28563 or 27055 a Free Mickey blanket
30058 adds a blanket featuring Olaf

You can sign up online, but if you call into the main DMC phone line you can often get a much wider selection of movies than the website lists though there is a bit of YMMV.

Officially your commitments are supposed to be 29.95+S/H though there are occasional 23.95/24.95 that will qualify. Basically you will spend anywhere from $60--75
for 8 titles or $70-90 for 9 titles depending on if you can find some less expensive titles you need to qualify as a commitment and occasionally get a Free Shipping offer.
I think $80 for 10 items was the cheapest I ever did a full commitment cycle.

If the forum will let me link to a different site, here is the most UTD information about how to get the most out of the club
DMC FAQ
Thank you
Old 05-01-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

hariseldon summed it up well. I got the Mickey blanket. It's not very big, so don't expect much.

I was having a hit or miss time with the site and getting all the Studio Ghibli films and was getting ready to call. If you do the 4 for $1 everything I listed is available. Once you put in the 5 for $1 code it empties your cart and 3-4 of the films disappear from the available selections. I had tried adding with the 4/$1 code, removing, re-adding, dumping the code, different tricks, etc. to no avail for a few nights. Then one magical evening I put the 5/$1 code in and the site left all the Ghibli selections as options so I didn't hesitate and signed up.
Old 05-12-15, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
hariseldon summed it up well. I got the Mickey blanket. It's not very big, so don't expect much.
Yeah, the blanket is kind of a joke. It's a blanket the size of a bath towel, but for a kid 8 or less it's a good novelty for the TV sofa.

I'm curious if anyone has had success calling in a fulfillment order to try to use a "special offer" (currently there's one for 25% an order of 2+ titles) and have them count to complete the commitment, even though the 29.95 titles become 22.46...

Paul
Old 05-12-15, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Yeah the only way you'll get a title less than 29.95 to count as a commitment is if you do a discounted pre-order (usually 24.95). Those count.

I have had success in the past calling and say if my offer was "Buy 2 or more, save 20% and get free shipping", I ask them if I can just have the free shipping, and not discount the titles (so they will count as commitments), and they did that for me.
Old 05-12-15, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Yeah the only way you'll get a title less than 29.95 to count as a commitment is if you do a discounted pre-order (usually 24.95). Those count.

I have had success in the past calling and say if my offer was "Buy 2 or more, save 20% and get free shipping", I ask them if I can just have the free shipping, and not discount the titles (so they will count as commitments), and they did that for me.
That worked! The current deal is buy 1, get 1 40% off. I was able to just buy two at regular price and get free shipping. Used chat. I could have also added a third at 40% off... probably should have but I didn't have time to choose one.

Thanks

Paul
Old 05-29-15, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Aladdin: Diamond Edition pre-order is discounted $3 at $26.95 and eligible as one of your required titles. Looks like it comes out in October.
Old 06-16-15, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does anyone happen to know the catalog number for Spirited Away Blu-ray? Thanks.
Old 06-17-15, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Does anyone happen to know the catalog number for Spirited Away Blu-ray? Thanks.
the catelogId in the URL is 10051
Old 07-22-15, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Any sighting of a Once Upon A Time S4 Blu for under $20 like last year?
Old 08-27-15, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well i decided to pick up OUAT Blu paying the $38 but was able to get Castle, Revenge, and Nashville for $13 each because of a buy 1 get others 60% off deal. worked out to be about $20 each with shipping.
Old 08-27-15, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just canceled my most recent account last week. Guess I need to scan the list and see if I can put enough together for another run. I would love to get The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad/Fun and Fancy Free as a sign up title, but I haven't had any luck getting it on previous attempts. I gotta catch up on the recently release BD exclusives also.
Old 09-19-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thinking about rejoining soon but haven't really been keeping up with this on that other site. Are there any movies not listed on signup main site worth calling in for other than the Ichabod/F&FF one listed in the post above? I know the last time I checked out the thread over there some were making a bunch of hoopla about listing/discussing titles not available online. I would like to get in soon to take advantage of the tv set sale going on right now.
Old 09-19-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks. Forgot about the Boogedy dvd, but I can hold off a bit and hopefully get it the next go around. I am good to go on all the current 3D's and plan on ordering a couple of the Ghiblis titles during the initial signup. I may give it one more go on Ichabod. If it doesn't work this time I guess I will throw it in while fulfilling one of my commitments later on.
Old 10-06-15, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

50% off tv sale is live right now for those that missed OUAT S4 Blu will be $19 or so. Really wishing they would add SHIELD S2 and Agent Carter. I would definitely be getting both.
Old 10-06-15, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
50% off tv sale is live right now for those that missed OUAT S4 Blu will be $19 or so. Really wishing they would add SHIELD S2 and Agent Carter. I would definitely be getting both.
If they were in the club, they certainly wouldn't be included in this sale. Season 1 of AOS isn't even included.
Old 11-01-15, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I noticed one of my offers for this month is BOGO 40% off with free shipping. I may use this to go ahead and fulfill my 2 commitments. I'll just have to make separate orders as it will not let you add a second full price movie without dropping the free shipping.

Also, for anyone placing an order don't forget you can get a free gift box and select ornaments are $1.99 w/ purchase.

Has anyone seen the Toy Story That Time Forgot title on the site? I was hoping to possibly add it with the 40% off deal but I can not find it.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 11-01-15 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-01-15, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I switched the option to no special offers but that took away the free shipping. I don't mind placing 2 orders provided I can get free shipping on both. I may try what you mentioned and call in to see about TS/Time Forgot. Provided it is available to order, I would like to know what it would be with the 40% off.

I wouldn't mind fulfilling real quick, cancel and then rejoin. I have 3-4 full price titles I would like to get with a couple providing special offers on DMR and this free shipping offer would be great to save those extra $$ on a fulfillment.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.