Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-11, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I generally don't refer friends because I don't think they can use the best offer code if I refer them. I'd prefer that they get the best deal rather than them signing up so I can get a free movie.
Soooo...
You were 100% correct Obi.

I got an email saying that very thing. I then called customer support to plead my case.
Whether or not my friend got the "better deal" or not, I was still shilling for the club and got them a new member.

The lady said, "oh well."

I then asked for a higher up who was then very helpful and understood my case.
She said this ONE TIME they will allow me to get the free disc but that my account will be noted that I was told this so that if I had any other friends join I couldn't pull this on them again.

I had to pay S&H of $3.95 got my free disc, which was the Muppet Movie on DVD...but I then get to cash that into my DMR for a free Muppets movie ticket.

Bringing my overall average on this Club deal to $8.12 a disc.
Not too shabby!
Old 11-14-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it mentioned here that other titles can be selected as enrollment selections when calling. Anyone know if Toy Story 1/2/3 3D are available as an enrollment?
Old 11-16-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

^3D titles are available using the URL trick, but you have to pay full price for them, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo are now available and will be a combo pack for next months Featured Title.
Old 11-16-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I'm thinking about cancelling my BD club and re-starting one. Any helpful info, ie how long to wait before re-applying? I'm hoping to get some for x-mas.
Old 11-16-11, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Just wait until you no longer have access with your current login. I've done several accounts this way. If you reapply while it's still working, you won't be approved but anytime after that is fine.
Old 11-17-11, 07:44 AM

Cool, thanks!
Old 11-17-11, 08:20 AM

I just declined the latest featured offer, and in the decline confirmation email, the 'COMING SOON TO THE CLUB' movie (which I believe means it will be the next featured selection) is Captain America: The First Avenger. That's interesting, because even though it was produced by Marvel, which Disney now owns, it's actually distributed by Paramount.
Old 11-21-11, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone else having trouble signing in to the site? i haven't been able to get in the past 3 days.
Old 11-21-11, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
anyone else having trouble signing in to the site? i haven't been able to get in the past 3 days.

No problems here.
Old 11-22-11, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

none here either.

Just placed an order this morning for BatB Belle's Enchanted Christmas & Lady and the Tramp w/ free shipping which will complete my enrollment once LatT ships.
Old 12-02-11, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Two questions:

What is this "better deal" people are talking about?

And the Winnie and Dumbo on the featured movie. For $34.95 for the blu-ray and DVD, is that a great price for them or no? Haven't really seen many steals on Disney films in a while, especially on blu-ray.
Old 12-02-11, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by jacob_b
Two questions:

What is this "better deal" people are talking about?
Promo code 17674D. It gets you 5 movies for a dollar, a sixth for 14.95 (which counts toward your commitment) and a seventh for 9.95, leaving you with only 2 more to buy.

If you don't use the promo code, you pay more your enrollment package and have more commitments to buy.

And the Winnie and Dumbo on the featured movie. For $34.95 for the blu-ray and DVD, is that a great price for them or no? Haven't really seen many steals on Disney films in a while, especially on blu-ray.
The problem with it is that it only counts for one commitment, so buying it is going to increase your total cost per film. The best titles to fulfill your commitments are the 24.95 pre-orders (like Lady and the Tramp), especially if you can order 2 at once and get free shipping to go with it.
Old 12-02-11, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Promo code 17674D. It gets you 5 movies for a dollar, a sixth for $11.95 (which counts toward your commitment) and a seventh for $8.95, leaving you with only 2 more to buy.

If you don't use the promo code, you pay more your enrollment package and have more commitments to buy.

The problem with it is that it only counts for one commitment, so buying it is going to increase your total cost per film. The best titles to fulfill your commitments are the 24.95 pre-orders (like Lady and the Tramp), especially if you can order 2 at once and get free shipping to go with it.

Fixed for an even better deal(plus you'll get free shipping).
Old 12-02-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Promo code 17674D. It gets you 5 movies for a dollar, a sixth for 14.95 (which counts toward your commitment) and a seventh for 9.95, leaving you with only 2 more to buy.

Dang I messed up with enrollment lol. I'm ok with it increasing my total cost per film and it only being one commitment. I've been wanting that Pooh DVD for a while and Dumbo would be a nice add. The cheapest I've seen the Pooh blu-ray was like 24.99 which I just flat out refuse to pay for a disc. So this comes out less than $20 for a Disney Blu-Ray. I'm just not sure if this would be the best price out of like Best Buy, Target, etc for these two DVDs.
Old 12-02-11, 08:26 PM

Dang I messed up with enrollment lol. I'm ok with it increasing my total cost per film and it only being one commitment. I've been wanting that Pooh DVD for a while and Dumbo would be a nice add. The cheapest I've seen the Pooh blu-ray was like 24.99 which I just flat out refuse to pay for a disc. So this comes out less than $20 for a Disney Blu-Ray. I'm just not sure if this would be the best price out of like Best Buy, Target, etc for these two DVDs.
If you're going to cancel your membership when you're done and be done with it, then yes, the double feature makes sense. But if there are more Disney movies that you're going to want, and you want to enroll again, then you really should think about it in terms of cost per film. We always talk about cost per film here in this thread because it's the best way to maximize your deal.

You can't think about how much you're paying for the commitment titles. You're always going to overpay for those, it's part of the deal. What makes the club a good deal is the amount of films you can get for the total price.

If you don't do any pre-orders and pay for shipping, the cost (as outlined in the first post) using the best promo code will be 9.96 per blu ray. But if you use the 24.95 pre-orders and a free shipping offer to fulfill, you can get that as low as 7.98.

Then you can just cycle accounts and start over. Also, using the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread, you can get almost any title (29.95 or less) you want as an enrollment title, even if it is not offered on the enrollment page.
Old 12-03-11, 12:10 PM
Cool New Member

How do you get Free Shipping?
Old 12-03-11, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cutegirll025
How do you get Free Shipping?
You wait for it to be a monthly offer. Usually you have to buy 2 or more.
Old 12-04-11, 06:12 AM

hi guys i am interested in joining the Disney Bluray club but i am a bit confused on the promo codes and item number replacement trick.

so with the latest promo code of 5 for $5 i can add items not in the enrollment list using the item number trick?
and if i add 2 more titles those count toward my 5 commitment titles?
and leaving me with only having to get 3 more to fullfil my commitment?

and can any title be added to the 5 for $5 or 2 extras with item number trick?
and from reading the thread lowest priced titles eligible for commitment are $24.95?

thanks in advance

Last edited by extrafuzzyllama; 12-04-11 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-04-11, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're going to cancel your membership when you're done and be done with it, then yes, the double feature makes sense. But if there are more Disney movies that you're going to want, and you want to enroll again, then you really should think about it in terms of cost per film. We always talk about cost per film here in this thread because it's the best way to maximize your deal.

You can't think about how much you're paying for the commitment titles. You're always going to overpay for those, it's part of the deal. What makes the club a good deal is the amount of films you can get for the total price.

If you don't do any pre-orders and pay for shipping, the cost (as outlined in the first post) using the best promo code will be 9.96 per blu ray. But if you use the 24.95 pre-orders and a free shipping offer to fulfill, you can get that as low as 7.98.

Then you can just cycle accounts and start over. Also, using the item number replacement trick outlined earlier in this thread, you can get almost any title (29.95 or less) you want as an enrollment title, even if it is not offered on the enrollment page.
My question, though, is this double feature cheaper than what Best Buy, Amazon, Target,, etc have offered for these two blu-rays. Even if my "price per title" or whatever will be higher, my main goal is to get these two blu-rays at the lowest price possible. So by getting the double feature, would it allow me to get these two blu-rays at the best possible price.
Old 12-04-11, 03:43 PM

It's all in how you see it, I, and most of the people that frequent this board, don't look at the purchase price, but the final per title price. So the best possible price would be the lowest per title price.
Old 12-04-11, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by extrafuzzyllama
hi guys i am interested in joining the Disney Bluray club but i am a bit confused on the promo codes and item number replacement trick.

so with the latest promo code of 5 for $5 i can add items not in the enrollment list using the item number trick?
and if i add 2 more titles those count toward my 5 commitment titles?
and leaving me with only having to get 3 more to fullfil my commitment?

and can any title be added to the 5 for $5 or 2 extras with item number trick?
and from reading the thread lowest priced titles eligible for commitment are $24.95?

thanks in advance
This is the deal

Promo code 17674D. It gets you 5 movies for a dollar, a sixth for $11.95 (which counts toward your commitment) and a seventh for $8.95, leaving you with only 2 more to buy.
And its 5 movies for $1, not a dollar each, but a dollar total.

So the total cost for your enrollment package of 7 blu ray titles is $21.90, and you only have to buy 2 more to fullfill your commitment.

Any title 29.95 or less can be added to the enrollment package to get the deal above. If you try adding more expensive titles though, it will let you, but it will charge you full price for them.

Lowest regularly priced items that are eligible to fulfill your commitment are 29.95, but lately they have been offering 24.95 pre-orders of new releases, which count as committment titles.

Hope that answered all your questions.
Old 12-04-11, 09:41 PM

My question, though, is this double feature cheaper than what Best Buy, Amazon, Target,, etc have offered for these two blu-rays. Even if my "price per title" or whatever will be higher, my main goal is to get these two blu-rays at the lowest price possible. So by getting the double feature, would it allow me to get these two blu-rays at the best possible price.
Here's the thing, what you're basically saying is that did anyone offer these titles for less than 17.50.

If you applied the $8 Dumbo and $7 WTP coupons with Amazon when they offered it, you could've got Dumbo on release date for 13.99, and WTP for 17.99.

I'm not sure if any other retailer has beaten those prices yet.

Is it the best deal you can get for those 2 titles RIGHT NOW? Probably.

But how many more titles will you need to buy after that?

If you have any interest in joining again when your membership expires, it's really in your best interest to think of it in terms of cost per title, because even if you kept ordering double features and thinking you're getting good deals on those, you're really not, you're paying a lot more over the terms of your membership than most of us are. Lets say you have 3 commitments to buy, and you ordered 3 34.95 double features. So you just paid 104.85 for 6 movies, whereas most of us pay much less than that over the terms of a full membership for 9 movies. Instead of ordering those 3 double features, you could order 3 29.95 titles (or 24.95 pre-orders, or some combination of the two), and pay anywhere from 74.85 to 89.95 for 3 movies. Then the other 3 movies which you didn't buy could be be added to the enrollment package of your next membership (which of course, you would use the best offer code for).

This is of course assuming that there's enough titles that you're intersted in to warrant another membership. As I said in my last comment, if you're just looking to fulfill and get out, you could do worse than the double feature.
Old 12-05-11, 09:55 AM

ok thanks for clearing it up so things like the Pirates trilogy boxset wont work with the 5 for dollar or 11.95 or 8.95 prices right?
and is there updated item numbers for newer movies?
i am trying to get the beauty and beast in my first order with either 5 for dollar or 11.95, 8.95 priced ones
Old 12-05-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Honestly, there doesn't seem to be many old school Disney titles to get, so is it even worth renewing the Disney club?
Old 12-06-11, 02:35 AM

This is the deal

And its 5 movies for $1, not a dollar each, but a dollar total.

So the total cost for your enrollment package of 7 blu ray titles is $21.90, and you only have to buy 2 more to fullfill your commitment.

Any title 29.95 or less can be added to the enrollment package to get the deal above. If you try adding more expensive titles though, it will let you, but it will charge you full price for them.

Lowest regularly priced items that are eligible to fulfill your commitment are 29.95, but lately they have been offering 24.95 pre-orders of new releases, which count as committment titles.

Hope that answered all your questions.
will i be able to see if my movies i pick qualify before being billed?
and are there any new movies for the item number trick that are not in the spreadsheet?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.