Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-11, 12:50 AM   #76
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 196
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

How frequent are the free shipping codes for BDs?
__________________
1Cross + 3Nails = 4Given
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 06:19 AM   #77
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,788
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigulua View Post
I need to purchase my two commitment titles but have a question.

Do I need to place two separate orders?

There's a buy 1, get 50% off offer right now so if I add two titles, it'll have one at regular price (commitment title) and another at 50% off. Is there some way of "turning off" the 50% off so I can have two commitment titles in the same order.

Or is two separate orders the way to go?

Thanks!
On the left menu, click on Special Offers, then click on the bottom banner that says 'Other Offers', then click on the banner that says 'No Offer Used'
__________________
My and the family's DVDs/HD DVDs and BDs
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-11, 03:58 PM   #78
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hawai`i
Posts: 25
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joltman View Post
On the left menu, click on Special Offers, then click on the bottom banner that says 'Other Offers', then click on the banner that says 'No Offer Used'
Thanks, that worked!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 06:35 PM   #79
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

A word to the wise: If you can find 5 Disney blu-ray's that you want for your initial order, DON'T WAIT TO SIGN UP!! Last week I almost signed up but decided to wait. Between then and now "Beauty and the Beast" and "Prince of Persia" blu-ray's disappeared from the initial order selection. With those two I just BARELY had enough that I wanted, now I'll really have to wait.

Anyone know why those titles may have been pulled, and if they'll be available once it's time to fulfill?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 07:31 PM   #80
g
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,994
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Did you call to sign up? There is a bigger list of enrollment titles if you call to sign up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 07:49 PM   #81
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

No I didn't, thanks for the info! Will try that. How would I know what titles are available when I call though? Can I only ask whether they have a specific title or not?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-11, 08:09 PM   #82
g
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 3,994
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

People on other forums have said they just ask for whatever Disney releases they want and see if they will give them to them. I've heard people be successful getting quite a few of them but not all.
Here is a quote from chinaman on blu-ray.com
"I highly urge people to order through the phone. You'll be able to select more movies.

As for the list above, I had success with Snow White, Pinocchio, and Nightmare Before Christmas (BD & DC). I didn't try Fantasia (I own it already) and Cars (I think the BD & DVD combo is rereleasing)."

Last edited by g; 02-18-11 at 08:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-11, 02:53 PM   #83
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Thanks g, DMC is closed for the weekend but I'll call on Monday and report back. Good to know you had success with Pinocchio as that's another one I was after.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 02:15 PM   #84
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Does a current member of the club who has access to the complete Blu-ray club catalog know if the 4-Disc Toy Story 3 set is available (as oppose to the 2-disc set available in enrollment)? I'd like to know before I enroll so as to know whether to put the 2-disc in my initial order or not. Thanks!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-11, 02:28 PM   #85
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
BKenn01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Big Blue Nation!
Posts: 4,496
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaher View Post
Does a current member of the club who has access to the complete Blu-ray club catalog know if the 4-Disc Toy Story 3 set is available (as oppose to the 2-disc set available in enrollment)? I'd like to know before I enroll so as to know whether to put the 2-disc in my initial order or not. Thanks!
I just looked and yes the 4-disc is available at this time.
__________________
"I hate Conservatives, but I really fucking hate Liberals" - Matt Stone co-creator of South Park
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-11, 07:18 PM   #86
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Well good news, I just finished signing up with DMC via phone, and I was able to get every unlisted Blu-Ray title that I asked for as enrollment! The following are the 7 titles I got with promo code 14366. The ones in bold were NOT listed on the website (as of this writing at least)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dinosaur
Pinnochio
Beauty and the Beast

Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that, as long as the blu-ray isn't in the vault or getting ready for a re-release (like Cars), and has been out for at least 2 months, you probably have a good chance of getting it as an enrollment title. Good luck!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-11, 08:16 PM   #87
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: New York, NY, USA
Posts: 541
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Can anyone tell me if they have the new 7-disc version of the Pirates Trilogy as a fulfillment title?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 02:27 PM   #88
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,910
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

^Not so far in my account.
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 03:10 PM   #89
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
That'sAllFolks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,719
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaher View Post
Well good news, I just finished signing up with DMC via phone, and I was able to get every unlisted Blu-Ray title that I asked for as enrollment! The following are the 7 titles I got with promo code 14366. The ones in bold were NOT listed on the website (as of this writing at least)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Dinosaur
Pinnochio
Beauty and the Beast

Ratatouille
A Bug's Life
Monsters, Inc

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that, as long as the blu-ray isn't in the vault or getting ready for a re-release (like Cars), and has been out for at least 2 months, you probably have a good chance of getting it as an enrollment title. Good luck!

Was Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time the 1D or 3D?
was also looking at maybe getting Wall-E 3D if this works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
They don't care about cycling (in fact, when you call to cancel, they encorage you to rejoin anytime), but I'm pretty sure you can only do one account at a time.
Is that one ACCOUNT per household or one BLU-RAY ACCOUNT per household. I still have a regular Disney account that I haven't closed yet.


Also, I assume that ANY DVD or set priced 29.95 or higher qualifies as a fulfillment. Is there a tier-structure for single purchases counting a multiple fulfillments (like 59.95 is two fulfillments, etc)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 11:17 PM   #90
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
Was Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time the 1D or 3D?
was also looking at maybe getting Wall-E 3D if this works
As a rule, Disney always offers the set with fewer discs for enrollment titles, but interestingly enough it says "3-disc" in my order history! It hasn't even been shipped out yet though, I'll let you know what it actually is once the order arrives.


Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks View Post
Also, I assume that ANY DVD or set priced 29.95 or higher qualifies as a fulfillment. Is there a tier-structure for single purchases counting a multiple fulfillments (like 59.95 is two fulfillments, etc)
Yeah, if you join the blu-ray club, you can still choose DVD titles for fulfillment as long as they're $29.95 or above. I'm not sure about a tier structure for more expensive titles, but I recently called about the featured title Bambi-Alice-Pinnochio blu-ray 3-pack for $49.95, and they confirmed it only counted as one fulfillment title.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 07:13 AM   #91
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,524
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I ordered this month's feature Bambi, Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio and it hasn't taken off 1 of the commitments. I got to give them a call.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-11, 10:41 AM   #92
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

When did you order? I placed one (not for the featured selection) almost 2 weeks ago and it hasn't even SHIPPED yet, so I wouldn't worry too much. DMC is extremely slow when it comes to processing. Even after it ships it may take days to show as a commitment fulfilled.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-11, 03:41 PM   #93
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 235
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Anyone have success with Beauty and the Beast or Pinocchio recently (for enrollment)? I see the posts above, but was denied when calling and using chat.

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 12:35 PM   #94
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

just received my enrollment package. everything looks good.
glad i did this! pushed my blu collection to almost 50
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 06:10 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Evansville, IN
Posts: 278
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I got shot down on Pinocchio too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-11, 07:00 PM   #96
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 164
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I joined through phone. They do have all TinkerBell movies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 06:21 PM   #97
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
kurupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,023
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I just joined over the phone and got everything I requested (except Sleeping Beauty, which has been in 'the vault' for awhile now)

1. Pinocchio
2. Snow White
3. Alice In Wonderland (animated)
4. A Bug's Life
5. Monster's Inc
6. Pixar Shorts Vol 1
7. Nightmare Before Christmas

Not a bad haul...I've been meaning to buy all those for a long time.
__________________
XBox Live Tag: TonyStark09
PS Network: TonyStark09
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-11, 08:14 PM   #98
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,524
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I might take the extra monthly items, blu-rays of Tron 2-disc and Tron Legacy 2-disc for $44.95 with free shipping. It will count as 1 commitment. It's only a $1 more than Amazon.

Last edited by darkhawk; 03-22-11 at 08:44 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 02:18 PM   #99
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurupt View Post
I just joined over the phone and got everything I requested (except Sleeping Beauty, which has been in 'the vault' for awhile now)

1. Pinocchio
2. Snow White
3. Alice In Wonderland (animated)
4. A Bug's Life
5. Monster's Inc
6. Pixar Shorts Vol 1
7. Nightmare Before Christmas

Not a bad haul...I've been meaning to buy all those for a long time.
I just cancelled and re-joined over the phone today, and was denied those first 3. She said none of the animated classics are available for initial orders.

I wonder if it just depends on who you talk to? Obviously with my last account I was able to get animated classics. :-/
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 12:02 PM   #100
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
kurupt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 1,023
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaher View Post
I just cancelled and re-joined over the phone today, and was denied those first 3. She said none of the animated classics are available for initial orders.

I wonder if it just depends on who you talk to? Obviously with my last account I was able to get animated classics. :-/
When I first called in, I made the mistake of saying that I was ordering by phone to see if they had a better selection than online. The 'cast member' said that the selection was exactly the same, so I thanked her and hung up. When I called back I just started naming films and the guy that I talked to added them with no problem.
__________________
XBox Live Tag: TonyStark09
PS Network: TonyStark09
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0