Reload this Page >

Disney Blu-ray Club!

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Old 04-02-14, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

I don't think this has been mentioned here, but recently some over on that other site have been able to use the refer-a-friend deal and the enrollment code together. I know it used to be where you had to choose one or the other, but apparently that has changed. So if you know anyone that is interested in signing up, that would be a good way to get yourself 2 free movies.
Old 04-03-14, 12:20 AM

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,118 Posts

Can you do the refer-a-friend and still use the best code for the five movies?
Old 04-03-14, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, that what others on another site have been saying. There were people clogging up the thread asking to be refers.
Old 04-04-14, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Went ahead and called this afternoon (still no e-mail). The lady who helped me had no explanation for not receiving the confirmation. She could see the account/order and said it looked like it was going through the standard 48 hour verification process and that the order would go out/be received in 7-10 days.
As a point of reference for others, I received a shipment notification e-mail this afternoon.
Old 04-08-14, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just signed up for my second enrollment (woo!) and am bummed that I don't have the B2G1 free on my account. Is it only for VIP members? Best I have is B1G150%.
Old 04-09-14, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by tivaclare
Just signed up for my second enrollment (woo!) and am bummed that I don't have the B2G1 free on my account. Is it only for VIP members? Best I have is B1G150%.
Click on "Special Offers". On the right it should say "Site Wide Discounts", where you can change it from B1G150% to B2G1 free. VIP members get free shipping, where you won't (there is information on the blu-ray.com forum on how non-VIP members can get the free shipping; you have to copy a link to your address bar).
Old 04-09-14, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe this is the link. I had saved it in case I needed it later...

Spoiler:
https://disneymovieclub.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DMCOtherOfferCmd?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&offerId=24352&SpecialOffers=
Old 04-10-14, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received my 2 non-preorders from my B2G1 order (Frozen/Saving Mr. Banks) and I still haven't received my enrollment package. I would hope that might be here tomorrow.
Old 04-11-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received my 2 non-preorders from my B2G1 order (Frozen/Saving Mr. Banks) and I still haven't received my enrollment package. I would hope that might be here tomorrow.
Ugh. Not today. I need it to come tomorrow to be able to take advantage of the Muppets movie tickets through DMR. I had tried to think of a back-up approach -- buying the 2 titles from a store and returning the ones I receive from the club to the store once they come in, but I doubt you could find those 2 older catalog titles at a B&M location.
Old 04-12-14, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They have temporary price drops for Marvel titles.

Iron Man 1, 2, 3 including the IM3 3D
Thor
Captain America
The Avengers (not the 3D)
The Incredible Hulk
Animated Iron Man and Hulk Team Ups

I bought Thor 2 3D for $29.95 and Iron Man 3 3D for $11.98
Old 04-17-14, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh. Not today. I need it to come tomorrow to be able to take advantage of the Muppets movie tickets through DMR. I had tried to think of a back-up approach -- buying the 2 titles from a store and returning the ones I receive from the club to the store once they come in, but I doubt you could find those 2 older catalog titles at a B&M location.
And to update -- finally received my enrollment package today, 13 days after my e-mail notification. Odd for it to come so many days later than the other order, but that's the unpredictability of media mail, I suppose. I'm disappointed that I didn't get them in time to redeem for the Muppets tickets, especially since I only ordered the particular titles for that very reason. Oh well.

Otherwise, pleased with the process. And the great deal I received on these BDs.
Old 04-22-14, 10:52 AM

Heavily considering wrapping up my new membership with the B2G1F (funds permitting!) and starting again in May. Has anyone had success getting the Tron 5 disc as an enrollment? I thought I some someone in this thread talking about it but can't find it. Maybe I'm crazy.

I need plenty from the normal enrollment site, but I know the husband would like the set.

This is all very addictive! I just got my enrollment package yesterday and I'm already planning the next!
Old 04-22-14, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
Click on "Special Offers". On the right it should say "Site Wide Discounts", where you can change it from B1G150% to B2G1 free. VIP members get free shipping, where you won't (there is information on the blu-ray.com forum on how non-VIP members can get the free shipping; you have to copy a link to your address bar).
What's weird is the offer is not on my account if I just login. I have to use one of the links provided in this thread. I haven't ordered yet but may on Thursday (payday, woo!). Added some things in my cart and it seemed to deduct, so I think the link should work ok for me.
Old 05-06-14, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was able to find enough titles to put together another order on the last day of the B2G1 deal. I got nearly everything I wanted without issue. I tried to get the Peter Pan BD+dvd+dc(gold slip) but was shot down. I asked for the Cinderella BD+dvd+dc(gold slip) and was told ok on it. When I received my sign up package yesterday I got sent the reg. Diamond Edition(blue slip). Not that big of a deal, but I assumed I was getting the one with the digital copy.

The biggest surprise was that the movies were shipped in an actual box. Not a totally sturdy box, but a box none the less. At least Disney is finally making some progress in that area.

I used the B2g1 link and picked up (2)Muppets Most Wanted(paid) and Chicken Little 3D(free). I will either sell the extra Muppets movie to my brother or dump it on ebay. I was hoping the new Captain America would hit the site before the B2G1 promotion ended, but no luck on that one either. After I sell off the parts I don't want, the ones I do should be pretty cheap.
Old 05-22-14, 06:54 AM

I decided to watch one of my enrollment titles last night..."O Brother, Where Art Thou?". I opened the sealed case and there was no Blu-ray disc inside!

A quick e-mail to Disney and a replacement disc is on the way...
Old 06-13-14, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Having received Tarzan and Hercules two months early, is it worth withholding the codes in case they're double on the "week of release," would anyone think..?
Old 07-24-14, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Once Upon a Time S3 Blu up for preorder and part of the 50% off box set sale currently. Ordered it for 18.98 or so. There was 3.95 shipping but figure $23 still may be cheaper even if they give a $10 off coupon release week.
Old 08-14-14, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone tell if I can cancel an order that is "processing?"

Do I have to call or can I do it online?

Thanks
Old 08-14-14, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

You may or may not be able to do it, depending on if it has entered the shipping stage yet. You have to call and talk to someone to find out. Even if it has shipped, they may issue you a refund and just tell you to send it back when you get it.
Old 08-14-14, 07:27 AM

Received 1,895 Likes on 1,118 Posts

Think I'm ready to join again. Any way someone here can get some bonus reference discs out of me as their friend and I still get the 5-4-1 deal?
Old 08-14-14, 07:39 AM

That didn't used to work, but I think someone said it does now. I'd be more than happy to send you a referral if you wanted to try it, but I can't seem to find the refer-a-friend link anywhere on the site. Anyone know?
Old 08-14-14, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by story
Think I'm ready to join again. Any way someone here can get some bonus reference discs out of me as their friend and I still get the 5-4-1 deal?
I'd be happy to help, but I haven't referred someone before so not sure of the process. Guess you'd have to call in an enrollment with the best code available, then make sure a potential referral doesn't change your deal/terms, is that right?

Edit: OWJ was quicker than I was. I was delayed looking for the refer-a-friend option on the site as well. Like you, I'm not seeing one.
Old 08-14-14, 09:13 AM

I found this site: http://friends.thedisneymovieclub.com/

Which asks for your name, email address and membership number before you can do anything, but once I did that, I get the message:

"At this time, you will temporarily be unable to view your dashboard or invite friends to join the Disney Movie Club through the Refer-A-Friend website. You will, however, still be able to view the reward list and redeem rewards through this site. Please check back again at a later date for more information. Thank you."

I'm not sure if that means I've found some site that is a work in progress and not ready for use, or if they're in the process of verifying my membership before I can refer anyone or what. I could also try calling them to see if I can refer you that way, but I'm not sure what info of yours I'll need. Presumably at least a name and email address.
Old 08-14-14, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by story
I received my final 2 commitment titles plus bonus title from the B2G1 sale this past weekend(Muppets MW x2, Chicken Little 3D) and was about to cancel when I remembered they had the half priced box set sale that is about to end(8/18). I went ahead and ordered Once Upon A Time Season 3 for 18.98 +shipping. Once I receive it I will cancel and attempt to place an order with the newly released 8/12 titles.

I'd be happy to help, but I haven't referred someone before so not sure of the process. Guess you'd have to call in an enrollment with the best code available, then make sure a potential referral doesn't change your deal/terms, is that right?

Edit: OWJ was quicker than I was. I was delayed looking for the refer-a-friend option on the site as well. Like you, I'm not seeing one.
I'm not seeing that option anymore either. It's still in the FAQ, but no link or option anywhere on the site that I can see.
Old 08-14-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You may or may not be able to do it, depending on if it has entered the shipping stage yet. You have to call and talk to someone to find out. Even if it has shipped, they may issue you a refund and just tell you to send it back when you get it.
Thanks I called and a very nice lady cancelled the order.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.