Only when mentioned on the DMR site.
Old 03-18-14, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Only when mentioned on the DMR site.
Thanks. Wondered as much.

Last edited by ntnon; 03-18-14 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-19-14, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well got my Frozen for fulfillment.....with a slipcover that has unglued and come apart, oh well, can't win 'em all

On a side not. Have anyone ever attempted to sell/trade an entire Disney Reward account? I have 4650 in pts and really do not want anything.
Old 03-19-14, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Some other have mentioned the unglued slipcovers in the bargain section. Namely Target since they stuff them in those security cases.
Old 03-19-14, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Just did an enrollment (Mary Poppins, The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper/Muppets Treasure Island, Atlantis double feature, Oliver and Company, Iron Man and Hulk: Heroes United) and just ordered Frozen and The Pirate Fairy at 24.95 each with free shipping for my fulfillments. That means I'll get 8 BDs (two of which are double features) for $62.85, or $7.86 each. And I'll get two free Muppet movie tickets
Old 03-19-14, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by leahcim
Well got my Frozen for fulfillment.....with a slipcover that has unglued and come apart, oh well, can't win 'em all

On a side not. Have anyone ever attempted to sell/trade an entire Disney Reward account? I have 4650 in pts and really do not want anything.
Hollywood Movie Money not interesting to you?

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...ds/10-hmm-6499

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...HMMcertificate

Limit 4 of each. (Just blew my points on these to see Muppets Most Wanted with the family.)
Old 03-19-14, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo

Limit 4 of each. (Just blew my points on these to see Muppets Most Wanted with the family.)
Or redeem for things to sell on/give as presents.
Old 03-19-14, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Some other have mentioned the unglued slipcovers in the bargain section. Namely Target since they stuff them in those security cases.
Actually the unglued slipcovers I saw at Target were not in security cases. And it was only the Target exclusive version which was unglued. The standard blu's were fine.
Old 03-19-14, 03:50 PM

Probably better off seeing if someone else wants something and you could trade that item for something ( like a DVD or something or money)

Originally Posted by leahcim

Old 03-22-14, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo

Nah, after seeing IJ Crystal Skull I swore off theaters for ever!!

I guess I will just drop the bomb on some BR or DVD and give a few as gifts and Bay the rest
Old 03-25-14, 03:24 PM

Forgive my ignorance on this subject. I've always been interested in trying this out, but I always talk myself out of joining. After looking through this thread some, I was curious if anyone could explain the usual shipping costs to someone new to all of this. I've seen some mention free shipping offers or splitting up orders for greater value, and it's all getting a bit muddled. I just want to be sure I'm getting the best value and not making any rookie mistakes when I join.
Old 03-25-14, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You get free shipping on your enrollment package. DMC offers vary from month to month. One month they may offer shipping on certain items, the next may be on your total order, etc. It can also vary from one persons account to another on what deal is presented.

Right now my account is showing "buy 1 + 40% off and free shipping on additional movies when you purchase 1 at regular price". But I have seen someone post on another site that they are getting Buy 1 + 50% off.

Buying 1 movie without free shipping runs 3.95. I do not remember shipping costs with additional movies.

It depends on how many titles you are looking to purchase to decide whether splitting up orders is best. If you are looking to build a library of Disney titles, it would be better to do multiple enrollments, but not at the same time as it is 1 enrollment per address. Just enroll, fulfill obligation, cancel, repeat.

The most cost efficient way it to take advantage of the selection of the month offers(depending upon the offer) and preorder pricing offers. Just make sure you use the offer code provided in this thread to get the best deal(10042B). Also, depending on what you are looking for, you can usually get a better selection by calling in to sign up. But if you do call in, it is better if you have the selection number of the title to make sure you are getting the one you want(ex. Cars BD+dvd in BD case, not Cars dvd+BD in dvd case). Just make sure you give them the offer code I previously mentioned.

Here is a spreadsheet that I found on blu-ray .com and is pretty up to date...

Just another tidbit of info, if you are interested in getting any of the Peter Pan movies, I would get an order in now as the will be returning to the vault pretty soon.
Old 03-25-14, 05:36 PM

Wow! Thank you very much for typing all of that out. It's very helpful to have all of this in one post.

Technically, could I get all of my enrollment titles plus my two additional fulfillments in my initial phone call with free shipping if there were titles I wanted available? I know I recently missed out on B2G1 free promo. How often do offers like that happen? The scenario with the "Buy 1 + 40% off" would only count as 1 fullfillment, correct?

Thanks for the heads up on the Peter Pan movies. I purchased Peter Pan around Black Friday, but I was planning on getting Return to Neverland through the club. Has anyone had any luck getting seasons of shows such as Once Upon A Time or Lost as an enrollment title over the phone?
Old 03-25-14, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by Highfire
Technically, could I get all of my enrollment titles plus my two additional fulfillments in my initial phone call with free shipping if there were titles I wanted available?
They MIGHT let you place a second order, and if your initial offer includes free shipping, then you might get free shipping, but I don't think they will just include it in the enrollment package with free shipping.
I know I recently missed out on B2G1 free promo. How often do offers like that happen?
In the 6+ years I've been cycling accounts with Disney, this is literally the first time they've ever done it. It used the be the best you could ever hope for with DMC fulfillments was free shipping. Now the best way to fulfill usually is using 24.95 pre-orders, which often include free shipping, and count as full price fulfillments. Last month we were able to combine that with the B2G1, which was awesome.
The scenario with the "Buy 1 + 40% off" would only count as 1 fullfillment, correct?
Correct, but usually pre-orders cannot be discounted, so if there were two pre-order titles you could add to the cart, you could pay regular price for both, get free shipping, and get both of your fulfillments. If you had any problem buying two titles at regular price and still getting free shipping, you can call and usually they'll do it for you.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 03-25-14 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-25-14, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Highfire
Technically, could I get all of my enrollment titles plus my two additional fulfillments in my initial phone call with free shipping if there were titles I wanted available?
Only if there is a free shipping promotion going on. They only give free shipping for the initial sign up. You may get lucky and get free shipping, but to my knowledge they don't give free shipping for commitments when purchased with the enrollment package.

I know I recently missed out on B2G1 free promo. How often do offers like that happen? The scenario with the "Buy 1 + 40% off" would only count as 1 fullfillment, correct?
The B2G1 was a rarity I believe. They do various offers from time to time, but it is usually the B1G40/50% off. Once you have completed your obligation, they offer B1G60% off. But those are best for when you only have 1 commitment left and/or looking to purchase some of the more expensive/premium stuff(DMC exclusives, set, tv shows, etc.)

Thanks for the heads up on the Peter Pan movies. I purchased Peter Pan around Black Friday, but I was planning on getting Return to Neverland through the club. Has anyone had any luck getting seasons of shows such as Once Upon A Time or Lost as an enrollment title over the phone?
No. As mentioned above, the best way to get those are the B1G50/60% off if you are looking to purchase some of the premium stuff. Some have had luck getting 3D titles as enrollments, it is pretty hit or miss though. I have only tried once and got shot down.

Btw, I don't know if you are Disney Movie Rewards member, but they have some of the Lost BD seasons that can be purchased with points.

edit: I see Obi-Wan posted what you needed before me. I got interrupted by my 6yo as I was trying to type this up.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 03-25-14 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-25-14, 10:03 PM

A huge thanks to both of you, Obi-Wan Jabroni and darkdaze73!

It looks like I won't attempt everything on the initial order, and I won't hold my breath for a deal as good as the B2G1 anytime soon.

No. As mentioned above, the best way to get those are the B1G50/60% off if you are looking to purchase some of the premium stuff. Some have had luck getting 3D titles as enrollments, it is pretty hit or miss though. I have only tried once and got shot down.
I guess I won't try to sneak any seasons in when I call in then. Haha. 3D isn't a big priority for me, but it doesn't hurt to try so I'll attempt it when I call. Has there been any success with getting super new titles counted for enrollment? Say I attempted to get Thor: The Dark World or Frozen counted for enrollment?

Btw, I don't know if you are Disney Movie Rewards member, but they have some of the Lost BD seasons that can be purchased with points.
I am a DMR member! I upgraded Season 2 of Lost this way, and plan to do the same for Season 1 soon now that it has returned. I'm only lacking Season 5 in my collection, but they don't seem eager to put that one up. I'll keep waiting, though, since it isn't a priority.

I genuinely appreciate all of your help. I like to be properly prepared before embarking on things.
Old 04-01-14, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just a head's up for those that are interested....the B2G1 deal is back thru 4/28.

I'm waiting for The Pirate Fairy to arrive and I will be done with this round. Had I not had some issues with my credit card it would have already been here. The girl I spoke to told me it was going out expedited, so we'll see. Not much else for me to pick up to do another round right now unless I go with the Winnie the Pooh releases and some of the Ghilbi titles.

Muppets Most Wanted pre-order is up. Hopefully that works with the B2G1 deal provided I do jump back in. Would really be tempted if they add the Captain America Winter Soldier pre-order before this deal ends.

This round totals...

first 6 titles = $12.95
B2G1 = $54.90(29.95 + 24.95 + free)
Total for all 9 = $67.85 or $7.54 each

Plus I sold a couple of the digital copies to make it even cheaper
Old 04-02-14, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it recently. What's the typical turnaround time on an enrollment package arriving. With the B2G1 deal, I think it's time to open an account. Been years since I've had one. I was thinking of getting a few of the Muppets titles to get movie tickets through DMR. That promotion ends 4/13. Does the odds of getting the enrollment quickly increase by doing it by phone instead of through the web? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Went ahead and did an enrollment via web. Hopefully it shows up quickly.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 04-02-14 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-02-14, 05:49 AM

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Just a head's up for those that are interested....the B2G1 deal is back thru 4/28.

I'm waiting for The Pirate Fairy to arrive and I will be done with this round. Had I not had some issues with my credit card it would have already been here. The girl I spoke to told me it was going out expedited, so we'll see. Not much else for me to pick up to do another round right now unless I go with the Winnie the Pooh releases and some of the Ghilbi titles.

Muppets Most Wanted pre-order is up. Hopefully that works with the B2G1 deal provided I do jump back in. Would really be tempted if they add the Captain America Winter Soldier pre-order before this deal ends.

This round totals...

first 6 titles = $12.95

Seriously? I thought I did good when I fufilled with two 24.95 titles with free shipping. I really didn't think B2G1 would be back that fast. Grrrrr

EDIT: Well, there doesn't appear to be free shipping, so it actually would have raised my average, unless there were three 24.95 titles to get, then it would have lowered it just a tad to 7.75 each instead of 7.86 each

Last edited by joltman; 04-02-14 at 05:57 AM.
Old 04-02-14, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This round totals...

first 6 titles = $12.95

I came out great if everything goes through and I didn't mess anything up. Went ahead and ordered 7 titles last night (knowing this ups the average slightly) for $21.90. I haven't gotten any confirmation notice by e-mail but was able to log in to my account this morning. Used the B2G1 deal to order Muppets Most Wanted/Frozen/Saving Mr. Banks for $49.90. Both MMW & Frozen indicated they'd count as commitments on the item screen, so that should take care of things. That should answer your question, darkdaze, about MMW working with this sale.

10 titles for $71.80 or $7.18 each. Without ordering the 7th title last night, my average would have been under $7.

And 2 of the enrollments were double features, knocking the price down a bit per film. And if they come quickly, I'll have 2 Muppets tickets through DMR.
Old 04-02-14, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
Seriously? I thought I did good when I fufilled with two 24.95 titles with free shipping. I really didn't think B2G1 would be back that fast. Grrrrr

EDIT: Well, there doesn't appear to be free shipping, so it actually would have raised my average, unless there were three 24.95 titles to get, then it would have lowered it just a tad to 7.75 each instead of 7.86 each
Some were saying on another site that they were having issues trying to get free shipping. One person said they were able to get it to work by emptying their cart. Then log out and log back in.

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I came out great if everything goes through and I didn't mess anything up. Went ahead and ordered 7 titles last night (knowing this ups the average slightly) for $21.90. I haven't gotten any confirmation notice by e-mail but was able to log in to my account this morning. Used the B2G1 deal to order Muppets Most Wanted/Frozen/Saving Mr. Banks for $49.90. Both MMW & Frozen indicated they'd count as commitments on the item screen, so that should take care of things. That should answer your question, darkdaze, about MMW working with this sale.

10 titles for $71.80 or $7.18 each. Without ordering the 7th title last night, my average would have been under $7.

And 2 of the enrollments were double features, knocking the price down a bit per film. And if they come quickly, I'll have 2 Muppets tickets through DMR.
Thanks for the head's up on The Muppets title. Also about the bolded. If you don't receive an email by later today, tomorrow morning at the latest, I would call and confirm the order went through. I have always received an email confirmation, but I also seem to remember reading about a couple of people in the past not receiving a conf. email and having to call to get it straightened out.

Since you are wanting these in hopes of getting them for those Muppets tickets, I would not wait too long. Usually I would say give it a couple of days, but time is of the essence as far as you getting those in time to use them.

I only went with 6 titles on each of my last 2 enrollments as I could not think of another title I really had to have. Plus like you said it brings the average up just a tad when using it with the B21 deal. It also leaves me with 1 more title to use on my next enrollment since it is getting harder and harder to find enough titles to make it worth signing up for.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 04-02-14 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-02-14, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Went ahead and called this afternoon (still no e-mail). The lady who helped me had no explanation for not receiving the confirmation. She could see the account/order and said it looked like it was going through the standard 48 hour verification process and that the order would go out/be received in 7-10 days.
Old 04-02-14, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The Pirate Fairy came in today, Priority Mail no less. It did not even come in their standard cardboard shipper packaging, but instead in a cardboard looking bubble envelope. Now to see if anything pops up worth pre-ordering in the next couple of weeks to make it worth re-enrolling.
Old 04-02-14, 07:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow.. Is it best calling and setting up the enrollment? Or just doing what they offer? I'm primarily interested in the 3D films, but a B2G1 might be worth it too.
Old 04-02-14, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is a better selection of titles by calling in an enrollment. Just make sure you have a list of what you want, and preferably the items #'s going in(check the spreadsheet a few posts up). Also make sure you have a couple of extra titles listed as backups as it can be hit or miss on getting certain titles over the phone. It all depends on the person who handles your call.

I would check the website before calling in to see if the titles you are looking for are offered online. Their monthly catalogs offerings sometimes contradicts what the website allows. I was told on a recent signup that a title I wanted was not eligible as an enrollment despite being offered online. I was able to get it after telling her about it being available there.

Now getting 3D as an enrollment has been a very ymmv situation. Some have had success, while others have not. I don't think there has been too many people getting by with it lately. But the B2G1 deal would be a great chance to grab 3 3D movies all at once.

Speaking of which, for completist sake I still need Chicken Little 3D for my collection. I haven't been all that interested in getting it, but if I can complete another enrollment for around the same price as I did the other, I might put it in as the "free" title in the B2G1.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.