Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-14, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Depends what you're ordering as your discounted title. Even if you order a 19.95 title, 40% off is still 11.97, which would be a cost per title increase. To not increase your cost per title, you'd have to order something that was even cheaper than that as it's regular price.

I haven't personally tried the phone order idea I proposed, but I'm sure I remember someone else mentioning it at some point on this board.

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 01-27-14 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-27-14, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Obi.

I just ordered _Spirited Away_ for $19.95 with a pre-order (Frozen) due to ship in March. My question: will they wait until March to ship both titles, or ship them separately as available, like CH? TIA.
Old 02-02-14, 06:51 PM
Suspended

I'm about to purchase my last required movie (frozen with some pooh movie). This is my first time being a member.

1. Is there any good reason to not cancel? Like do items get cheaper?
2. If not, when is the best time to cancel, and how long before you can renew?
3. Do you have to give a different email and credit card to renew, or can you use the same info?
4. Ive seen a list with catalog numbers for all movies. Can you use these numbers on your renewal or have to use the choices on the sign up site.

Thanks
Old 02-02-14, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by banthafett
I'm about to purchase my last required movie (frozen with some pooh movie). This is my first time being a member.

1. Is there any good reason to not cancel? Like do items get cheaper?
You'll get VIP deals like buy one, get 60% off the rest of your order, but unless there's some really expensive items you're eying, that still isn't so great.

2. If not, when is the best time to cancel, and how long before you can renew?
As soon as your commitment shows as fulfilled on the website, you can call and cancel. You can sign back up the next business day.
3. Do you have to give a different email and credit card to renew, or can you use the same info?
Depends how quickly they remove your old account from the system. Sometimes I've had success signing up with the same email address the next day, and other times I've had the website tell me I already have an account. When the latter happened, I just signed up with a different email address and all of the other same info.

4. Ive seen a list with catalog numbers for all movies. Can you use these numbers on your renewal or have to use the choices on the sign up site.
If you sign up through the site, you can only order the items there. Some people have had success placing enrollment orders over the phone using catalog numbers and getting titles that aren't normally available for enrollment. Depends on the cast member you talk to though. You might get shut down one day, call back the next day with the same order and get it with no problems.
Thanks
You're welcome.
Old 02-02-14, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Cool, thanks for the fast answers Obi-Wan.
Old 02-08-14, 03:34 PM
Suspended

One more thing, I made my last required purchase last week but it was for Frozen and it wont be shipped until next month. Will I have to wait to cancel membership until I receive it?
Old 02-08-14, 03:43 PM

I don't think you will be charged and credited with the fulfillment until it ships, so yes, probably.
Old 02-08-14, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Plus the fact that if they somehow screw up your order or it comes in damaged, it would be harder to fix since your account has been closed.

I think I am gonna cancel and re-up this week. I was going to get The Jungle Book from Target until I saw that it is just a storybook packaged together with the BD. I thought it was going to be another of their digibook exclusives.

Oh well, at least this gives me a reason to rejoin. I am gonna try and get it as an enrollment title. If that doesn't work, I will use it as part of the B2G1 promo.
Old 02-12-14, 08:28 PM

How often does Disney Rewards add fresh titles?

I have 4700 pts burning a hole on my pocket!
Old 02-13-14, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by leahcim
How often does Disney Rewards add fresh titles?

I have 4700 pts burning a hole on my pocket!
Not sure, I think they just pop up from time to time. There is a thread dedicated to this topic(DMR) in the Hot Deals section. Maybe someone over there has a better idea of how often they show up.

I went ahead and rejoined earlier this week in hopes of getting The Jungle Book as an enrollment title. No go on that, so I went ahead and did the Toys R Us deal since it would only costs a couple of dollars more than the DMC avg. price. That leaves me with an extra title I can use on the B2G1 promotion.
Old 02-16-14, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Any current codes?
Old 02-16-14, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Any current codes?

The best enrollment code currently available is 10042B. BTW, they have a buy 2, get 1 free promotion that expires on March 3. Great way to fulfill an account.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 02-16-14 at 08:39 AM.
Old 02-16-14, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Any current codes?
The 10042B code gets you 5 movies for $1 plus you need 3 commitments to fulfill.

You have the option to add another title which runs the total to 12.95 for 6 movies and knocks it down to 2 commitments

Plus you also have the option of adding another title which runs your total to 21.90 for all 7 movies, but still leaves you with 2 commitments.
Old 02-16-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think that the Buy 2 Get 1 Free promotion requires that the B2 be full price $29.95 (or higher) titles (not that it isn't an excellent strategy if you still need two fulfillments and want to knock them both off at the same time). I prefer to fulfill with $24.95 pre-orders, when there's something I want, of course. And I don't mind waiting many months to get just the pre-order I want.

In doing that yesterday, I was surprised to get free shipping on my $24.95 pre-order of Thor: The Dark World. I didn't have a specific free shipping promotion on my account unless I purchased a title in addition to Thor, so I don't know what's going on. I had been testing the purchase for some time in the hope that I could hit a free shipping promotion. Disney Club can be very opaque about such things IME.

Anyway, being able to fulfill with free shipping and a pre-order price drops the membership average substantially, though perhaps not as much as much as the B2G1F using full price catalog titles.
Old 02-16-14, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to what some are saying in the DMC thread over on that other site, as long as the $24.95 movie is a pre-order, it should count. At least that is the way I read it. Also, they are saying that the free title can not be a pre-order.

I plan on putting in an order for Jungle Book 2, The Pirate Fairy and gettingThe Great Muppet Caper/Muppet Treasure Island as the free title.

It says this on the site about The Pirate Fairy and Thor 2(obviously different release date and no dvd for Thor 2)....

Available to own April 1, 2014.

Includes a Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy of the movie.

Limited time price reduction. Counts toward your purchase commitment and as 1 regular priced title. Not eligible for additional discounts.
I only picked up 6 titles with the initial sign-up. So with the 12.95 there and the total for the B2G1 order I plan on placing should be 54.90. I'd get out paying only 67.85 for 9 titles.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 02-16-14 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-16-14, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darkdaze73
According to what some are saying in the DMC thread over on that other site, as long as the $24.95 movie is a pre-order, it should count....
Yes, a $24.95 pre-order counts for fulfillment. If you go to the page of a particular pre-order title it will even say so. For example the page for Thor: The Dark World says:
Available to own February 25, 2014

Limited time price reduction. Counts toward your purchase commitment and as 1 regular priced title. Not eligible for additional discounts.
Old 02-17-14, 08:30 PM

Thanks to all the recent discussion, I decided to create an account for my wife:

Intro Blu-ray Package at $21.90:

Planes.
Iron Man 3.
Princess & the Frog.
WTP very Merry Pooh Year.
WOW World of Wonder.
O' Brother Where Art Thou?
Disney Nature - Wings of Life.

Pre-Order Thor 2 3D @ $29.95 + Free Shipping.
Pre-Order Frozen @ $24.95 + Free Shipping.

Great Deal...$76.80 for 9 movies!

Last edited by GTlarry59; 02-21-14 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-18-14, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I wish they would add some new enrollments so I could go again. Waiting on The Little Mermaid sequels, Mary Poppins and the latest Muppet BDs.
Old 02-18-14, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have you tried calling in to re-enroll? It's always hit and miss when you call in, just depends on getting the right person. But you have a better shoot at getting the titles you want now rather than waiting to see if they add them online.

I could not get The Great Muppet Caper/Muppet Treasure Island when I called in to re-enroll, but I believe I read elsewhere that some have had success in getting it. Same goes for The Little Mermaid sequels. If you can't get enough of the titles you want, just tell them you want to decline signing up right now.
Old 02-18-14, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by GTlarry59
Thanks to all the recent discussion, I decided to create an account for my wife:

Intro Blu-ray Package at $21.90:

Planes.
Iron Man 3.
Princess & the Frog.
WTP very Merry Pooh Year.
WOW World of Wonder.
O' Brother Where Art Thou?
Disney Nature - Wings of Life.

Pre-Order Thor 2 3D @ $29.95 + Free Shipping.
Pre-Order Frozen @ $24.95 + Free Shipping.

Upgrade to Blu-ray offer: Lone Ranger @ $4.95 shipped.

Great Deal...$81.75 for 10 movies!
You can order the upgrade to blu-ray title even if your membership is already blu?
Old 02-18-14, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
You can order the upgrade to blu-ray title even if your membership is already blu?
There was a banner offering it to me and I ordered it last night but it still shows processing...in fact, everything is in processing status. I had a hard time even logging in due to the account being brand new. I looked for the B2G1 offer and it was no where to be found but was able to order two pre-order titles + FS...I had an offer for 50% off additional titles but I couldn't find anything I wanted.

I recently closed my account and opening this new account for my wife who has never been a member...maybe that has something to do with it? I will update my original post if DMC changes their minds.
Old 02-19-14, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bit the bullet. All Blu-ray.

- Toy Story 1
- Toy Story 2
- Toy Story 3
- Secretariat
- Tron Original
- Tron Legacy
- Alice in Wonderland 60th.

$21.90 shipped. Going for two preorders at $24.95 each and getting a third one free that ends in March.
Old 02-19-14, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was hoping they had 3d versions for enrollment. Wishful thinking!
Old 02-19-14, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I was hoping they had 3d versions for enrollment. Wishful thinking!
If you get the right cast member when you call in an order, you just might be able to get them.
Old 02-19-14, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Where is the B2G1F offer?

Tried to do the BD for $5 but it says membership ID and zip do not match even though they do. I'm thinking b/c my order is still on hold?

How long does it take to ship? It also says I need 3 more instead of 2 more I gather that will change once they ship.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.