Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-13, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Received my enrollment order from DMC today. Man that was quick. Hopefully Monsters Inc 3d will be here tomorrow.
Old 03-07-13, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Someone posted elsewhere the code for Mulan(1111410) in case someone wanted to order it by phone. They were told by the rep. that the price was 29.95...
Yes, I was able to order a couple of copies of Mulan by phone yesterday for $29.95 (I wanted them both to count for commitment). Also got free shipping, which I didn't expect (some sort of promotion?). It is the last of my top 30 favorite titles to come out on BD.
Old 03-08-13, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking of getting a new account.Can I use the same credit card that I used to open an account at my aunts address?
Old 03-09-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rider555
I am thinking of getting a new account.Can I use the same credit card that I used to open an account at my aunts address?
If your other account is closed I don't think it is an issue. I used the same address and credit card on my latest membership. Only thing I had to change was my email address since it is used for account ID purposes.
Old 03-10-13, 09:22 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First - THANK YOU to everyone for their tips and info! I'm just starting my collection so after all the calculations the DMC will be a fantastic value for me!

Already going to cycle to my 2nd membership soon and since mileage varies on intro selection via phone, I tried the trick detailed on page 6 of this thread but it's not working for me, my browser says too many redirects. I did remember to change the selection # after copying the link to the "add to cart" link and replacing the title number in the URL. Has anyone tried this lately and have it work for them? Trying to decide if it's user error or if Disney closed this 'loophole.'

Thanks again everyone!
Old 03-10-13, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Pretty sure the number replacement trick no longer works. You either take what they offer on the website, or take your chances with a phone rep.

Also, Welcome to the forum!
Old 03-10-13, 09:44 PM
Cool New Member

Wow, thanks for the fast response! I figured it probably didn't work anymore but wanted to be certain it wasn't user error as I'm notorious for that, lol.

Here's hoping the CM I get will be just as helpful as the forum, if not - end call and try, try again right?
Old 03-11-13, 05:21 PM
Suspended

I called to enroll today,using 17674B.
I was told that 3D blu rays are NOT available when using that code.
Old 03-11-13, 09:14 PM

I called to enroll today,using 17674B.
I was told that 3D blu rays are NOT available when using that code.
They're not really ever supposed to be available as enrollments. Some reps either don't know or don't care though.
Old 03-12-13, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually got one of the old school ads for this in the mail yesterday with the little stamps you attach to an order sheet and everything....haven't seen one of these in probably 15+ years.....unfortunately all I really need is newer stuff - Chicken Little 3D, Ralph 3D, Hunchback, Brother Bear, Mulan....
Old 03-12-13, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, I canceled my first account just yesterday and I just called in to get the latest bunch of releases in a new enrollment order. I used the same credit card, and the same email address other than placing a period after the first letter of it when I read it back to them. I got the following for the standard $21.90 with only two more to buy to complete my membership...

-Brother Bear 2-Movie Collection (1097490)
-Castle in the Sky (1090480)
-The Hunchback Of Notre Dame 2-Movie Collection (1097670)
-Mulan Special Edition 2-Movie Collection (1111410)
-Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides 3D (1079240)
-Pixar Short Films Collection (1091320)
-Who Framed Roger Rabbit 25th Anniversary Edition (1111960)

The order went through just fine, first call, no questions asked. This is amazing!
Old 03-12-13, 01:34 PM

Lots of people on blu-ray.com are reporting success ordering today's releases (Roger Rabbit, Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame) as enrollment titles but I didn't succeed in my first call. I may try again later.
Old 03-12-13, 01:43 PM

Question to the poeple that have gotten recent releases, 3D titles, etc. Are you asking for the titles by name or by item number? Just curious.
Old 03-12-13, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Question to the poeple that have gotten recent releases, 3D titles, etc. Are you asking for the titles by name or by item number? Just curious.
I always ask by item number, never by title name. I have no idea if it helps but I also try to keep the conversation moving. As soon as I list one, I ask if I can read the next and I'm on my way. Also, both times I've had success with no questions asked has been when I have called around lunch time. I was denied the first two times I tried calling and it was later at night. After that they don't seem to ask me anything when I've called around lunch/mid-day.
Old 03-12-13, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I think it's better to always use the item numbers so you know what you're getting. You don't want to accidentally get the DVD packaging if the cast member chooses the wrong one.
Old 03-12-13, 06:05 PM
Cool New Member

Does anyone have the featured title deals for this month, every time I log in, it says I have no featured titles to respond to.' I called in, they apologized and told them to me verbally but I can't do the math that quickly and didn't wait to keep the CM on hold just so I could calculate diff scenarios to optimize my lowest price per disc average. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-13, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ka11ima
Does anyone have the featured title deals for this month, every time I log in, it says I have no featured titles to respond to.' I called in, they apologized and told them to me verbally but I can't do the math that quickly and didn't wait to keep the CM on hold just so I could calculate diff scenarios to optimize my lowest price per disc average. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
If you just signed up, you don't have a selection of the month until the next mailing. And the feature of the month is usually not the best deal if you want to minimize your cost per title. I think the one that is up now is Brother Bear + Hunchback for 39.99, which is not really a good deal, because it will only be 1 commitment and will increase your cost per title.

The very best deal that you can get is the 24.95 pre order titles (espeically if you can find a way to stack them with free shipping), but there are none of those currently. If you don't want to wait to see if one of those comes around, the next best thing you can do is call and order 2 29.99 titles (tell them that you want to pay full price, otherwise the second title will be discounted, and not count as a commitment), also, you should get free shipping when you order 2 titles with the current offer. Then close your account and start over.
Old 03-12-13, 09:11 PM
Cool New Member

Nice, thanks Obi-Wan! Yeah, def not doing this month's feature title. The CM yesterday gave me 3 options which really confused me & unfortunately which I don't remember, but all were like 54.95!

Will prob just do the 29.95 movies to fulfill.
Old 03-13-13, 04:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
I think it's better to always use the item numbers so you know what you're getting. You don't want to accidentally get the DVD packaging if the cast member chooses the wrong one.
Could some one list the item numbers for;
UP 3D blu
BRAVE 3D blu
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 3D blu
MONTERS INC 3D blu
FINDING NEMO 3D blu

When I logged in(I already have one account at a different address),I did not seen any item numbers...??
Old 03-13-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could some one list the item numbers for;
UP 3D blu
BRAVE 3D blu
NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 3D blu
MONTERS INC 3D blu
FINDING NEMO 3D blu

When I logged in(I already have one account at a different address),I did not seen any item numbers...??

Up 1076920

Brave 1097920

Nightmare Before Xmas 1068930

Monsters Inc. 1101630

Finding Nemo 1097630
Old 03-13-13, 06:39 PM
Suspended

Great..thanks...I'm going to try again
Old 03-13-13, 08:03 PM
Cool New Member

Since my post count is below 30 I am not allowed to post a link to current spreadsheet of catalog numbers so if someone wants to repost adding the "https://" in front of the below link, it may prove useful. I found it a while back and bookmarked it but I don't remember the page number it's buried in.

spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Am3VF5tS1ANZdFpSQmh2RUZ1X05UR2lIaTFTQVVRMWc&hl=en&authkey=COyg6roO
Old 03-14-13, 04:17 PM
Suspended

I just called to enroll using the item numbers I asked for above...Sounds like it went through....?
Anyway,the cast member did not say anything about those titles NOT being allowed as enrollments.
But,I think she did say that I will receive my enrollment titles in 2-4 weeks.......WTF?
Old 03-14-13, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just called to enroll using the item numbers I asked for above...Sounds like it went through....?
Anyway,the cast member did not say anything about those titles NOT being allowed as enrollments.
But,I think she did say that I will receive my enrollment titles in 2-4 weeks.......WTF?
They say 2-4 weeks just to cover their ass. It will likely ship out within 2-3 business days, and you'll receive them in 3-5 business days after that. If they took the order, and it shows up on the site in your order history (if they didn't give you your account number, then call back and get that, you need it to register on the site) then you are good to go.

Last edited by Brent L; 03-14-13 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-14-13, 04:36 PM
Suspended

By order number...do you mean account number?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.