DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Blu-ray Club!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 744 Likes on 369 Posts
Re: Disney Blu-ray Club!

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Yeah.. I was going to do that, but it said in their FAQ that they will not credit the ship and return ship price.. I figured I'd just eat it and try to trade the movie(so far to no avail) and get something I actually want.

No more clubs to me... unless some spectacular deal comes along.

They always credit me for shipping.

They don't credit you for return shipping if you've opened it and you have to pay to ship it back, but I always refuse it, and they credit me back for the full amount, including shipping.

Sometimes it takes several weeks to get the credit, but I've always gotten it, most recently got one a week or 2 ago.
Old 06-03-12, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Even if they don't credit you for shipping, it's $3....much less than the inflated price of the movie you're returning.
Old 06-03-12, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
I just cancelled my membership. I received a "feature" title that I didn't want. So I guess the real question is.. Are the mailings sometimes MAIL only and not listed on the website? I have decline confirmations for all the online ones, but have never sent back a mailing.
That just happened to me too. I've been very vigilant in keeping up with this. Problem is their feature releases are not monthly but some purposely odd schedule of weeks. I truly wish that once you've crossed the finish line in completing your initial membership requirements that they would allow you to automatically opt out of all feature titles and order when you want. I'm in the club for club-only titles. With that, they treated me fairly and sent me a return label though it was difficult to finally talk to a person on their phone line.
Old 06-12-12, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about joining the blu ray club. Can anyone tell me what the member price is for the Tron 5 disc set? DH is after that particular one for some reason. I was hoping to sell him on the individuals that are part of the free offer.
Old 06-15-12, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by tivaclare
Thinking about joining the blu ray club. Can anyone tell me what the member price is for the Tron 5 disc set? DH is after that particular one for some reason. I was hoping to sell him on the individuals that are part of the free offer.

The 2-movie version with Legacy and the Original is listed at $59.95.

https://disneymovieclub.go.com/stati...45/1065340.jpg

Last edited by inksketcher; 06-15-12 at 02:39 PM. Reason: error
Old 07-14-12, 09:34 AM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Okay, so I got on the Disney Movie Rewards mailing list when I got my digital copy of Toy Story 3 and I never really thought much about the whole point thing until yesterday's email when I noticed their ad for the Disney Movie Club. Looks like a great deal so I'm going to go for it.

So...

What does a newbie absolutely have to know about getting the most bang for his buck out of this?

I figured I should pick free titles based on the most expensive titles at Amazon and my purchase titles as the least expensive, yes?

Also, are the big ol' 4-disc packs with the digital copies available for the starter Blu-rays or is that only through memberships and if so how much are they?

Last edited by story; 07-14-12 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-14-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Spoiler:
Okay, so I got on the Disney Movie Rewards mailing list when I got my digital copy of Toy Story 3 and I never really thought much about the whole point thing until yesterday's email when I noticed their ad for the Disney Movie Club. Looks like a great deal so I'm going to go for it.

So...

What does a newbie absolutely have to know about getting the most bang for his buck out of this?

I figured I should pick free titles based on the most expensive titles at Amazon and my purchase titles as the least expensive, yes?

Also, are the big ol' 4-disc packs with the digital copies available for the starter Blu-rays or is that only through memberships and if so how much are they?
Use one of the codes(17674B still works I believe) to sign up for the 7 for $21.95(?) deal. And if you are into the classic animated titles, wait for a $24.95 selection of the month to come up and use that as one of your 2 paid selections.

Occasionally they will offer free shipping with 2 or more titles. I would work a deal to take advantage of it. Especially if there is a $24.95 selection being offered.

Currently Cinderella(non-digital copy version) is being offered as a 24.95 pre-order selection along with a 200 DMR point bonus. Just got an email this morning saying that the special pricing offer was about to end. I pre-ordered it when it first came available and used the promo they had going on at the time to get Father of the Bride I & II for 13.xx and free shipping on my order.

Edit: not sure which 4 disc titles you are interested in, but I know 3D titles are not part of the sign up offer. I believe some ppl have had problems getting Monsters, Inc. And I think some titles that were initially 4 discs(Up, Toy Story 3) no longer include a digital copy.

Last edited by darkdaze73; 07-14-12 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-14-12, 04:59 PM

I think the only 4 disc title available is the Incredibles. It might also be the only one with a digital copy. The Princess and the Frog did, but they might be shipping the 2 disc version now.

I would definitely get the Incredibles if you don't have it, since that is the most expensive title available for enrollment.
Old 07-16-12, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
They should all be on the website. I've recieved features I didn't want, but only when I forgot to decline it in time. When that happens I just write "Return to Sender" on it and drop it back in the mail.
I was actually coming here to ask about this. I sent an email to customer service asking if I could do a return to sender and received two replies that both had a bunch of standard FAQ stuff but never directly answered my question. I'll be dropping it in the mail return to sender now.
Old 07-23-12, 09:13 PM

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,131 Posts

I gave it some thought over the last week and decided to go for it. After our last move a couple months ago, I told myself I'm going to look at digital copy options a lot more openly in light of how many boxes and boxes of DVDs we moved. And yet of all the movies I'd like to own a great copy of, it's the Pixar films. A digital copy would be great, yeah, and the Blu-ray will definitely look good, no matter what. So it's worth the few extra ounces for the next time we move to join the club.

The code still works and I picked up the following on Blu-ray:

The Incredibles
WALL-E
Up
A Bug's Life
Toy Story 2
Ratatouille
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

I'll probably pick up Cinderella at this $24 pre-order price point people are mentioning (my sister got this for her birthday when we were 6 and 8 so I've seen it a million times but not in a long time; now that we have a baby girl I'm excited to have this for her) and keep an eye open for our final obligation title.

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-27-12, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dogmatica
I'll probably pick up Cinderella at this $24 pre-order price point people are mentioning.
Avengers BD/DVD is also available for pre-order for 24.95 free shipping. Counts as a fulfillment.
Old 07-29-12, 09:46 PM

Think I'm gonna do that 5 for $5 deal. A lot of movies on the site that I want. I couldn't get that code posted earlier to work. Is it supposed to be entered in the "magic code" box?
Old 07-29-12, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sith Vol
Think I'm gonna do that 5 for $5 deal. A lot of movies on the site that I want. I couldn't get that code posted earlier to work. Is it supposed to be entered in the "magic code" box?
Not sure which one you tried but this one should work 17674B

Enter it in the box in the center of the screen where it asks "Do you have a promo code"(or something to that effect).
Old 07-30-12, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sith Vol
Sounds like you're on the Disney Movie Rewards site, you need be on the Disney Movie Club site: https://disneymovieclub.go.com/

And again, the code is 17674B.
Old 07-30-12, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Sounds like you're on the Disney Movie Rewards site, you need be on the Disney Movie Club site

Figured it out. Thanks.
Old 08-01-12, 11:04 PM

I just did this offer. If I upgrade my preference to bluray and get Lion King for $10, I can still cancel my membership after I get my 2 commitment titles correct? Also how do I know which movies are commitment titles?
Old 08-02-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexxriot
Sounds like you're on the Disney Movie Rewards site, you need be on the Disney Movie Club site: https://disneymovieclub.go.com/

How do you get the most out of this code? Is it the best code available right now? I've never joined a movie club.
Old 08-02-12, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Larry C.
How do you get the most out of this code? Is it the best code available right now? I've never joined a movie club.
It is the best code available. The code gives you 5 blu's for $1, a sixth for 11.95 that counts toward your commitment, and and a seventh for 8.95 that also counts toward your commitment.

So 7 movies for 21.90, with 2 more to buy at regular prices 29.95 or more.

However if you wait for a 24.95 pre-order to be offered (Avengers is offered right now) those count toward your commitment and are the best way to fulfill. And if you can manage to place that order when you get a "Free shipping when you buy 2 or more" offer on your account (which you can't always do, because you don't know what they're going to offer for pre-order when you have a free shipping offer on your account). Shipping is 3.95 per title if you can't swing free shipping.

So best case, if you get free shipping is 71.80 for 9 titles, or ~7.98 per title

Without free shipping, you will pay 79.70 for 9 titles, or ~8.86 per title.
Old 08-02-12, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by goeagles5039
I just did this offer. If I upgrade my preference to bluray and get Lion King for $10, I can still cancel my membership after I get my 2 commitment titles correct? Also how do I know which movies are commitment titles?
You ordered DVD's for your inital order or blu's? If you are in the DVD club (which it sounds like you are if you are changing your preference to blu), a committment is any title 19.95 or more. In the Blu Club, a commitment is any title 29.95 or more (or 24.95 pre-orders). Upgrading your preference to blu will not change your commitment stats or which club you are in (so if you are in the DVD club, your commitments will still be 19.95 or more)
Old 08-02-12, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It is the best code available. The code gives you 5 blu's for $1, a sixth for 11.95 that counts toward your commitment, and and a seventh for 8.95 that also counts toward your commitment.

So 7 movies for 21.90, with 2 more to buy at regular prices 29.95 or more.

However if you wait for a 24.95 pre-order to be offered (Avengers is offered right now) those count toward your commitment and are the best way to fulfill. And if you can manage to place that order when you get a "Free shipping when you buy 2 or more" offer on your account (which you can't always do, because you don't know what they're going to offer for pre-order when you have a free shipping offer on your account). Shipping is 3.95 per title if you can't swing free shipping.

So best case, if you get free shipping is 71.80 for 9 titles, or ~7.98 per title

Without free shipping, you will pay 79.70 for 9 titles, or ~8.86 per title.

Thank you very much Obi!

I'm guessing they will send a notice every month that I have to decline so I don't get sent the movie by default?
Old 08-02-12, 02:12 PM

Thank you very much Obi!

I'm guessing they will send a notice every month that I have to decline so I don't get sent the movie by default?
No problem. And yes, you will have a featured title selection every month that you will have to decline if you do not want it, however, sometime the featured title is said 24.95 pre-order.
Old 08-02-12, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No problem. And yes, you will have a featured title selection every month that you will have to decline if you do not want it, however, sometime the featured title is said 24.95 pre-order.
Nice thanks.
Old 08-02-12, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI, I do believe the Avengers BD pre-order ships free(for those that are interested in that title). At least it was as of last week, not sure if it has changed since then.
Old 08-02-12, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
FYI, I do believe the Avengers BD pre-order ships free(for those that are interested in that title). At least it was as of last week, not sure if it has changed since then.
I haven't signed up yet so I only get to see the enrollment selections. Is the Avengers $24.99 the 3D BD?
Old 08-02-12, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't signed up yet so I only get to see the enrollment selections. Is the Avengers $24.99 the 3D BD?
Negative. The 3D version is $31.95 with free shipping.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.