Reload this Page >

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Old 03-01-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Oddly, all my orders on the account I used a CC on the Memberschoice code are still sitting as "Processing" including a smaller order I did no that account later. All the "Bill Me" accounts have shipped except a couple pre orders.....
Old 03-02-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mental note, do "Bill Me" from now on...
I finally get the charges removed from one account, where my card was charged but they never posted the payment on my account. I'm now disputing the charge on my other account where the same thing happened...

As for my Paypal issues, I had escalated one canceled order to a dispute claim, since I paid but they canceled the order. 20 days later, CH actually responded with a tracking number. But it comes up as invalid on USPS.com (now two days later) so I don't know if they just shipped it, or if they're claiming they shipped it long ago. I'm about to escalate my other order now, for the exact same reason. I tried resolving through their CS, but those people are idiots. They don't read anything. They just send canned responses, or respond with some silly answer.
Old 03-02-14, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 610 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Mental note, do "Bill Me" from now on...
But that doesn't always work with many codes. Most of the recent ones were CC only. If you changed payment to "Bill Me" the discount was removed and you actually had to log out and back in before the discount code would work again. I'd tried to do a "Bill Me" because they screwed up payment on one which cost me a "late fee" (I didn't argue as it was just easier to pay the ~$3) and I vowed to not pay until I had product in my hands. Didn't work... but at least I figured out the problem and didn't get any of these messed up.

Tip: Use a Virtual CC *but* make sure to put double the amount needed on the card to pay as they apparently hit the card initially with a temporary charge for the full amount and later put in a full second charge when the order ships, dropping the temporary charge. Even a temporary charge on a VCC (at least from Citi) causes the amount loaded to be reduced. CH is the *only* vendor for which I have this issue.
Old 03-02-14, 03:19 PM

free shipping on everything - DRSEUSS
Old 03-04-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Tip: Use a Virtual CC *but* make sure to put double the amount needed on the card to pay as they apparently hit the card initially with a temporary charge for the full amount and later put in a full second charge when the order ships, dropping the temporary charge. Even a temporary charge on a VCC (at least from Citi) causes the amount loaded to be reduced. CH is the *only* vendor for which I have this issue.
Glad you brought this up.

Because I wasn't sure CH would get the billing right, I did temp numbers with enough CL to cover everything, but only a bit more. That didn't work, and now my billing is a nightmare...charges are randomly hitting for various amounts, and they are billing me for amounts that make no sense to me. (I'm not saying that they're gipping me, just that I can't follow what they're doing and their totals don't match mine).

To add to the confusion, I made the mistake of using the same VCC number for both CH accounts, when it would have been easy to make two numbers, one per account. Next time I'll know better.
Old 03-05-14, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got a hold for The Hunger Games. Hopefully it will be like Gravity and I'll have this by Saturday.
Old 03-05-14, 09:45 AM

^^

Good news...
Old 03-06-14, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You guys will love this one... So, on TWO different accounts I had orders canceled from the $20.14 coupon codes. One account is under my name, one under my brother's name. I paid $3.82 for each order, and used a DIFFERENT Paypal account to pay each. Well, I never got the items, and CH insisted I never paid, so I disputed both of the Paypal payments (3-4 days separated the disputes). After 10 days or so, they responded to the first dispute with a tracking number. No words explaining anything, just a tracking number. It doesn't come up on USPS.com, so they likely didn't really ship anything.

Now here's the funny part. 5 days later, they responded to the other dispute, with a different CH account, under a different name, and paid with a different Paypal account, WITH THE EXACT SAME TRACKING NUMBER! They obviously never shipped anything! They're just trying to trick Paypal, claiming they shipped something that they never did! How shady is that??? If any of you guys disputed a Paypal payment, I bet they posted the exact same tracking number for you, too!
Old 03-07-14, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Try your tracking number at www.pkgtracking.com to see if anything comes up.
Old 03-07-14, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Just got a hold for The Hunger Games. Hopefully it will be like Gravity and I'll have this by Saturday.
I received Gravity 3D earlier this week. Nothing showing up for the Hunger Games.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You guys will love this one... So, on TWO different accounts I had orders canceled from the $20.14 coupon codes. One account is under my name, one under my brother's name. I paid $3.82 for each order, and used a DIFFERENT Paypal account to pay each. Well, I never got the items, and CH insisted I never paid, so I disputed both of the Paypal payments (3-4 days separated the disputes). After 10 days or so, they responded to the first dispute with a tracking number. No words explaining anything, just a tracking number. It doesn't come up on USPS.com, so they likely didn't really ship anything.

Now here's the funny part. 5 days later, they responded to the other dispute, with a different CH account, under a different name, and paid with a different Paypal account, WITH THE EXACT SAME TRACKING NUMBER! They obviously never shipped anything! They're just trying to trick Paypal, claiming they shipped something that they never did! How shady is that??? If any of you guys disputed a Paypal payment, I bet they posted the exact same tracking number for you, too!
I went ahead and placed a dispute for the Riddick order they canceled and never refunded that they claimed to have never received. Also, still nothing on the Dracula 3D yet.
Old 03-08-14, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone on another forum contacted CH regarding Ender's Game. They said that it is on backorder until March 14.

Ender's Game shipped yesterday. Just received Nebraska. Based on new holds, CH should be shipping Hunger Games, Oldboy and The Grandmaster in the next few days. One bit of bad news, they canceled a cashin14 order(From Up on Poppy Hill).
Old 03-08-14, 02:33 PM

Finally got my Ender's Game today. Still waiting on Escape Plan.
Old 03-08-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

Try your tracking number at www.pkgtracking.com to see if anything comes up.
It shows delivered January 15. But that obviously is for a different order, especially since they are giving me the same tracking number on two completely unrelated accounts...
Old 03-08-14, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kyle
Finally got my Ender's Game today. Still waiting on Escape Plan.
I received my Ender's Game today, as well as Rocky Anthology sets...
Old 03-09-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I noticed a pending charge for $6.05 on my credit card yesterday. So hopefully my Hunger Games is about to ship.
Old 03-09-14, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I noticed a pending charge for $6.05 on my credit card yesterday. So hopefully my Hunger Games is about to ship.
How did you get it for just $6.05?
Old 03-09-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How did you get it for just $6.05?
It was the weekend they had the extra % off orders plus the 20.14 code.

Subtotal $23.97
Shipping & Handling $2.99
Discount (Save $20.14 in 2014, 20% off your order!) -$20.91
Grand Total $6.05
Old 03-09-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I didn't realize that CH had the pre-order up while the $20.14 code was still active. Good score.

I just got holds for Inside Llewyn Davis and All is Lost.
Old 03-10-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Incredible. Paypal ruled in favor of CH, even though CH canceled my order and didn't ship anything. All because they posted a bogus tracking number from my OTHER account. I just filed a dispute with my c/c. Thankfully I used a c/c. My other Paypal order which got canceled was ruled in MY favor, which is good because I did not use a c/c on that one...
Old 03-11-14, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just noticed a pending charge of 21.46 on my cc from CH. Looks like they may be finally shipping the Indiana Jones set I ordered.
Old 03-12-14, 09:38 AM

I'm still waiting on my Captain Phillips and Rush from my order back in late January. Whatever.

I think I'm about done with CH.
Old 03-12-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got a pending charge for what has to be American Hustle.
Old 03-13-14, 04:46 PM

Indiana Jones and Catching Fire are finally on the way. Just waiting on the Miss Congeniality double feature.
Old 03-14-14, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm still waiting on the remastered Robocop I ordered back on February 22. I got the other five items from that order two weeks ago.
Old 03-14-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by comanche_doyle
Indiana Jones and Catching Fire are finally on the way. Just waiting on the Miss Congeniality double feature.
I received my Catching Fire on Wednesday... They're getting better with mailing stuff. But their billing department still blows...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.