Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Old 02-06-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Also, I noticed that all 3 of my accounts have a balance! One was paid with Paypal, one was paid with a credit card, and the card WAS CHARGED, but the 3rd was only charged $65.91 and shows a balance of $75.xx! You guys may want to check your account balances...
I never even knew where to look for a balance. Clicked on "Make a Payment" from the Account page, and sure enough all 3 of my accounts have one. I don't know how concerned I should be at this point. On the 2 accounts in which I made large orders with the memberschoice discount, I have balances of $12.88 & $17.80. But those amounts could be the items that haven't shipped yet and haven't been charged to my cc yet. I tried to do the math based on all charges I've incurred and I come to within a few bucks of those numbers. My other account has a $2.99 balance.
Old 02-06-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured out my $78.73 balance. It is $65.91 from my partial order which shows shipped, plus $12.82 for Despicable Me 2 3D which had its Paypal payment expire. So I really do owe $12.82. But this shows how screwed up CH truly is:
I clicked the Make Payment button on the Make a Payment screen. It adds a product called "one-time payment" to my cart for the full $78.73, THEN DEDUCTS $10 FOR THE CURRENT PROMOTION! What morons. There is no way for me to pay only $12.82. I'm going to call them to sort this out. I have 5 more pre-orders which I don't want canceled. Granted, I have no intention of mentioning I received 9 other items from the order, and have not yet been charged (since they don't even show as shipped). I'll let them figure that out themselves. I just want to pay my $12.82, and get the $65.91 taken off since it was charged to my card.

On that same account, I had a $3.82 paypal payment successfully go through, for an item which was canceled. Yes, this happened to me twice, on two different accounts. Anyway, I will never use Paypal with them again. They are really fucking those orders up royally.

If anyone truly has a balance due that is more than $50 that they REALLY OWE, they should try paying it online. It looks like you'll get $10 or $25 deducted off from the current promotion...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-06-14 at 03:22 PM.
Old 02-06-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just had a PAINFUL 47 minute phone call with them. 22 minutes on hold, and 25 minutes of arguing. Shirley kept INSISTING that my card was only ALLOCATED (her word, not mine) for payment, and not charged. I kept saying I have the printed statement in hand, clearly showing that it was charged, but she would not believe me. Finally she gave me a FAX number and said I should fax proof to them. Then we got to the $3.82 Paypal order. Once again, she insisted that the funds were ALLOCATED and they never received payment, thus they canceled the order. But this payment was COMPLETED on 1/4, and did not expire like the $12.82 order (which they shipped). I asked why they didn't contact me, or ship the order and add $3.82 to my balance like they did with the other orders, but she had no response for that. They are truly dysfunctional. You guys thought their shipping was bad? Their shipping department is run by GENIUSES in comparison to their billing department!
Old 02-06-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ouch. I hate to hear what you're going through, kenbenobi. Guess it just further confirms my decision to wait on my outstanding orders before attempting to clarify things.

And if it gets to the point of needing to call them, I'll make sure that I speak to someone besides Shirley.
Old 02-06-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Ouch. I hate to hear what you're going through, kenbenobi. Guess it just further confirms my decision to wait on my outstanding orders before attempting to clarify things.

And if it gets to the point of needing to call them, I'll make sure that I speak to someone besides Shirley.
I would agree with you, but on blu-ray.com people are getting hit up with late fees, so I would suggest sorting it out NOW before they charge you late fees.
Old 02-06-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the problem, everybody knows that Shirley is a ballbuster.
Old 02-06-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Someone over there tried making a payment, then applied the 50% off coupon, and it deducted 50% off! No idea how much would actually post to their account. I wouldn't want to waste my 50% off coupon making that test. But that is hilarious...
Old 02-06-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
That's the problem, everybody knows that Shirley is a ballbuster.
She definitely busted my balls!
Old 02-06-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would agree with you, but on blu-ray.com people are getting hit up with late fees, so I would suggest sorting it out NOW before they charge you late fees.
That's the strange thing. I wouldn't even know about the balance due on the account unless I went searching for it. One would think there would be e-mail notices sent regarding money that was due.

I'll have to take a closer look at mine with a calculator in hand, but I do think most of what I'm seeing is simply unshipped items from my orders. At least that's my hope.
Old 02-06-14, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's the strange thing. I wouldn't even know about the balance due on the account unless I went searching for it. One would think there would be e-mail notices sent regarding money that was due.

I'll have to take a closer look at mine with a calculator in hand, but I do think most of what I'm seeing is simply unshipped items from my orders. At least that's my hope.
I don't know about that theory. They supposedly don't charge until an item ships, and I haven't seen them do that. I wasn't charged on any of my 3 accounts for items which did not ship. All of the balances were from items which did ship, some paid by c/c, some paid by Paypal (but the charges expired).
Old 02-06-14, 06:32 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

That's why I didn't order with the memberschoice coupons or any other orders besides the 20.14 off coupons.. I don't trust them any more since the problems I had with them that are impossible to resolve. I wouldnt bother faxing them anything as they never get it.
Old 02-06-14, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

I agree. Might as well fax it to the Tooth Fairy.
Old 02-06-14, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by g
That's why I didn't order with the memberschoice coupons or any other orders besides the 20.14 off coupons.. I don't trust them any more since the problems I had with them that are impossible to resolve. I wouldnt bother faxing them anything as they never get it.
Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I agree. Might as well fax it to the Tooth Fairy.
Agreed on both.

I used the 20.14 codes on a couple of older accounts and they f'ed those up too. I was charged for Riddick(3.82) but had it canceled and so far no refund. Charged for Dracula 3D(.82) and it still says processing. And now I have some mysterious charge of 5.31 from CH showing up as "pending" on my credit card.

I did receive a couple of my titles(Cloudy 2 3D, Kick Ass 2, & 2 Guns), but for some reason the paypal payment for 2 Guns "expired" and now shows a balance on my account.
Old 02-06-14, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, my Friday the 13th tin came in dented, my Halloween Mask has a slight crease in the packaging (not enough to argue with them) and my Teenage Mutant Turtles CE came unsealed with everything in it. Appears unopened just missing wrapping (no big deal)

Anyone have experience with replacement items. I have never messed with it because usually not worth it dollar wise but the Friday the 13 collection is a pricey item.
Old 02-07-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 166 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BKenn01
OK, my Friday the 13th tin came in dented, my Halloween Mask has a slight crease in the packaging (not enough to argue with them) and my Teenage Mutant Turtles CE came unsealed with everything in it. Appears unopened just missing wrapping (no big deal)

Anyone have experience with replacement items. I have never messed with it because usually not worth it dollar wise but the Friday the 13 collection is a pricey item.
You can try replacing the Friday the 13 collection, but only if you are a young man in relatively good health. I wouldn't want to pass that battle on to my heirs.

I have returned items before and eventually gotten credit, and I suppose replacing damaged ones shouldn't be that much more difficult for them. But that said that was under "old" Columbia House of perhaps five years ago. Back then they were slow and quirky, but most of the time would eventually get it right. I'm not as confident with the current bunch.
Old 02-07-14, 04:55 PM
Cool New Member

Here is a bullshit reply from them,regarding my $20.14 orders that have been pending for over a month;

Dear Adam,

Thank you for contacting us.

Offer is to be redeemed online only and orders will need to be paid with
a credit/debit card or a PayPal account.
The balance has to be over $20.14 excluding tax and shipping. We
apologize for the difficulty you recently experienced.

We value your membership, and member feedback is very important to us.
We consider your concerns and suggestions our most valuable tools as we
strive to continuously improve the level of customer service we provide.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Customer Service

WTF?I DID order online and I DID use Paypal.....
morons
Check out that last paragraph!Oh yeah CH.You are definitely improving your level of customer service..
I did finally receive my Man With No Name trilogy blu ray that I ordered back in December,today.
Old 02-08-14, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just submitted a Paypal dispute for one of my canceled orders. You can only file a dispute within 45 days on Paypal, so if anyone else paid with Paypal but didn't receive their items yet, you may want to file a dispute. Granted, you can dispute with a credit card for longer, but this payment came from existing money in my Paypal account...
Old 02-08-14, 09:06 PM

CH is really getting to be a joke after they upgraded (downgraded) their website. I waited 2 months after I ordered a DVD before it was shipped. The website still indicates that the DVD is still processing and not shipped. 4 days after I received the DVD, I got the e-mail that the DVD was just shipped. Duh, Duh, Duh, Duh.
Old 02-08-14, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD-Obsession
CH is really getting to be a joke after they upgraded (downgraded) their website. I waited 2 months after I ordered a DVD before it was shipped. The website still indicates that the DVD is still processing and not shipped. 4 days after I received the DVD, I got the e-mail that the DVD was just shipped. Duh, Duh, Duh, Duh.
I'm wondering if they are ever going to fix my big $600 order. They double billed me for the first part of the order I received (only $65), but haven't charged me yet for the next $400 I received... I hope they never do.
Old 02-08-14, 10:30 PM

I'm wondering if they are ever going to fix my big $600 order. They double billed me for the first part of the order I received (only $65), but haven't charged me yet for the next $400 I received... I hope they never do.
Wow. You spent $600. Your my idol. You're either not married or you have an extremely understanding wife. If I spent $600 for movies, my wife would either divorce me or castrate me. I'm hoping the future for me doesn't hold either of these 2 options.
Old 02-09-14, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I placed 2 orders. One was fulfilled completely (it had no preorders). The other one was partially fulfilled. BOTH show a balance of the entire amount that was sent. I have not checked my credit card, but I don't understand why there is even a balance there at all, since the credit card I had on file should have been charged -- and I've had all the orders for over a week.

I remember getting my Breaking Bad barrels and then receiving a CH bill stating I owed zero balance. I guess they eventually charge my CC. I wouldn't have even bothered to investigate if it weren't for these threads.

I tell you one thing, if I was to ever interview a person for a job and I saw that he worked for Columbia House for more than a month, I would immediately judge him as incompetent. What a bunch of morons.
Old 02-09-14, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I emailed CH about my Riddick order being canceled. I actually received a response in what has to be record time. Unfortunately, they still don't know what the hell they are doing. The response stated that they were processing my order and putting in an authorization with my credit card for payment. Once it clears they will send my item. I'll give them a few more days to see what happens before I file a dispute with my cc company.

I also got a response for the Dracula 3D saying it is out of stock.
Old 02-10-14, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD-Obsession
Wow. You spent $600. Your my idol. You're either not married or you have an extremely understanding wife. If I spent $600 for movies, my wife would either divorce me or castrate me. I'm hoping the future for me doesn't hold either of these 2 options.
I am not married. BUT I'm not keeping all of that. I ordered 3 Dexter Complete Series sets, keeping one, and selling the other two. I already sold one for $240.
I also got two Friday the 13th and Chucky Complete sets, selling one of each.
The sales from those, before fees, should come close to covering my entire $627 order. So then I'm basically just out the fees, and got a helluva lot of BD's for next to nothing...

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
I remember getting my Breaking Bad barrels and then receiving a CH bill stating I owed zero balance. I guess they eventually charge my CC. I wouldn't have even bothered to investigate if it weren't for these threads.
You actually scored Breaking Bad barrels from them? I'm impressed. Was that with the 50% off coupon? If so, congrats!
Old 02-10-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They finally responded to me about one of my canceled orders. They now claim the order was canceled because I put a hold on the Paypal payment. Um, no, I disputed the payment a full week AFTER they canceled the order, because they claimed I never sent payment! Their customer service is a joke...
Old 02-10-14, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You actually scored Breaking Bad barrels from them? I'm impressed. Was that with the 50% off coupon? If so, congrats!
No, I wish. I could've got them for around $150 w/ a coupon during pre-order time. But at the time that was still too much. When it started selling out everywhere I panicked and ordered a couple (1 to pay for both). It's my favorite series (after Seinfeld) and I had to have it -- even though I paid WAAAYYY too much.

I see you sold one in December. Do you still own a copy? Also: How much did it cost to ship and how did you ship it?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.