DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 07:03 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Columbia House Sale Offer Codes, Part VI

No. I just paid it again the money that I paid before. They are just impossible to correct things. I just looked again and I have more late fees because the online payment wouldn't let me pay the initial late fee. . They are a horrible place to deal with. And I may never order from them again.

Last edited by g; 12-27-13 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-27-13, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sex Fiend
And so it begins...

Like everyone else, been having my share of headaches with CH over the last several months. Put in an order when they ran a 5 for $50 sale back in October. I have since been waiting three months for them to fulfill the order and decided that when I finally got all my dvds for the order I was likely done with the mess they have become (after twelve years with the same account - I know, a rarity here).

Well, the five dvds I ordered came in drips and drabs over the last few months - two a few weeks after I ordered, one about a month later, one more a month after that, and the last one finally showed up last week. I had ordered them with bill me option, and immediately paid by check for each one right after I got it. All the checks have cleared long ago, except for the most recent (for the final item I just received) which I just sent.

Now today in the mail, I receive a bill from CH for the first three items in the order that I received and paid for MONTHS ago, with a three dollar late fee. WTF? I can't even imagine how much of a mess it is going to be to straighten this out with these idiots, given that you can't get anyone on their customer service line nor get any response via email. Hell, I would be inclined to even give in to their shakedown, if I knew for sure it would get rid of them forever. Somehow I have the feeling they are so messed up on their end, that even getting them to acknowledge their mistake might not be the end of it with them.

Columbia House has really begun to turn into a nightmare. I am truly done with them after I (hopefully) somehow get this resolved. And I would recommend the same to everyone here.
I am in the same boat. I sent in a check that has long since cleared back in Oct. and they have sent me a late notice on it. I have sent a couple of emails trying to get this straightened out. I finally got a response a couple of days ago claiming they have no such record of me sending in a payment. They are asking me to mail them proof via the check I sent them or a copy of the check and bank statement verifying it. Plus I have to mail it to them as they will not accept me forwarding anything through email because of "potential viruses".

Plus, I also sent them an email to cancel an order I placed months ago. I have never received the first title and got tired of waiting for them to be shipped. I did receive a response saying they would cancel the order. But just yesterday I receive another response on the same issue saying they can not cancel the order because the it was shipped earlier this week.

If I can ever get this sh!t straightened out with them, I am totally done.
Old 12-30-13, 04:30 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTlarry59
My pre-ordered Man of Steel 3D title FINALLY arrived on Christmas Eve…36 days after release. CH didn't answer my last three e-mails about shipping status and did not send a shipment confirmation. I immediately sent an e-mail to cancel my account and today CH responded with an e-mail about the Member's Choice Plan with no more director selections…I was ready to delete the e-mail when I noticed a one-time 50% off promo code for my account.

I can't believe I just ordered Despicable Me 2 3D…$14.99 with free standard shipping.

I am a glutton for punishment…
You would not happen to still have that 50% promo code,would you?
Old 12-30-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by kkingccrimson
He might have it, but he mentioned it was a one-time code that he used.
Old 12-30-13, 03:57 PM
Cool New Member

Yes...just curious if it would work for me.
Old 12-30-13, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

After almost a *month* of showing "$0" ballance on my account after I'd payed off the screwed up payment via CC on the site they showed a $3 balance (the "late fee" that was really their fault). Rather than hassle with them I went ahead and payed it. Of course I then placed an order for a couple of OOP TVonDVD sets - hopefully they'll ship and payment will not get screwed up *again*. If they *do* ship and nothing gets screwed up I *may* stick it out a bit longer but it's looking like it's finally time to bail on CH.
Old 01-02-14, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by kkingccrimson
Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
He might have it, but he mentioned it was a one-time code that he used.
Cardsfan111 is right…

BTW, I did try it on my wife's account and it didn't work. I have closed her account and I am hoping they send her a 50% code.

They have shipped my 50% off order with free shipping and it due to arrive tomorrow…so inconsistent. No shipment confirmation e-mail as well…
Old 01-03-14, 09:16 AM

Just got emailed the following:

Promo Code - GIFTFOR14
$20.14 off your order. I was able to use it on Captain Phillips, so there shouldn't be many restrictions.

"$20.14 off of your entire order is valid until 1/31/14. Only items purchased at Club price count toward your Membership Commitment. We reserve the right to limit the purchase of multiple quantities of each title. Other exclusions may apply. Your order will be shipped via regular delivery. Express orders will incur an additional charge. Limit of one use per person. The $20.14 discount has no cash value and can only be applied as a discount to a single purchase."
Old 01-03-14, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dentam

Promo Code - GIFTFOR14
$20.14 off your order. I was able to use it on Captain Phillips, so there shouldn't be many restrictions.
Great post, thank you!

Got Hannibal season 1 for $6.82 shipped*

* That assumes that they actually ship it.
Old 01-03-14, 10:35 AM

The GIFTFOR14 code also applies to the shipping charge, so it's possible to get a title for free.
Old 01-03-14, 10:49 AM

GIFTFOR14 didn't work for me. Got to the payment page and the discount disappeared. Not going to place the order and then hope I can get Customer Service to correct the error.
Old 01-03-14, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Sonofabitch...just when I thought I was out...

I can't pass up a virtually free BR can I? Just stay away from pre-orders is all I will say. Other than that I guess it's pretty low risk if it's a title you don't mind waiting a while (or forever) for.
Old 01-03-14, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Now this is irony. After having 3 accounts for forever, I sent a note through their "contact us" link yesterday on 2 of them requesting that the accounts be cancelled. I'm tempted to try an order on both of those accounts. What's the worst that could happen?

Edit: Placed an order on all 3 accounts just for kicks. On the 2 that I requested to be closed yesterday, I made sure the order total was $0.00 after the discount coupon. One of the items I ordered was a Christmas DVD, so I'm in no hurry for that one.

And one more note -- in case anyone else thought about it, the code didn't work a 2nd time when I tried it.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 01-03-14 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-03-14, 12:26 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Promo Code - GIFTFOR14
Thanks for the code. I ordered Sabrina the Teenage Witch: Season 5 for 82 cents. Hopefully it'll go through.
Old 01-03-14, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course this comes right after I took advantage of the free shipping to pick up a couple of OOP TVonDVD sets... Oh well... I'm sure I can find something to use it on.
Old 01-03-14, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
Great post, thank you!

Got Hannibal season 1 for $6.82 shipped*

* That assumes that they actually ship it.
Same here. I almost ordered Popeye Vol. 3 for about $4, but I figured I should use the discount on something that probably won't get super cheap. Hopefully I'll be able to find Popeye vol 3 for $5 down the line.
Old 01-03-14, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bobaray
GIFTFOR14 didn't work for me. Got to the payment page and the discount disappeared. Not going to place the order and then hope I can get Customer Service to correct the error.
Did you try to order with Bill Me? Fine print says Credit Card or PayPal only.
Old 01-03-14, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Promo Code - GIFTFOR14

"$20.14 off of your entire order is valid until 1/31/14. Only items purchased at Club price count toward your Membership Commitment. We reserve the right to limit the purchase of multiple quantities of each title. Other exclusions may apply. Your order will be shipped via regular delivery. Express orders will incur an additional charge. Limit of one use per person. The $20.14 discount has no cash value and can only be applied as a discount to a single purchase."
Wow, smoking deal! I gotta see if my closed account will still come up. On my active account, I got Despicable Me 2 3D for $12.82 shipped. Never found a deal on that anywhere. For under 13 bucks, I'll bite.

2nd order: R.I.P.D. 3D $7.42 shipped

Wish I still had more accounts. Oh well, 2 is still pretty good...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-03-14 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I got The Shining (which is never cheap) and Waiting both on BD for about $3 shipped. On another account, I got Despicable Me 2 BD for about $4 shipped.
Old 01-03-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Of course this comes right after I took advantage of the free shipping to pick up a couple of OOP TVonDVD sets... Oh well... I'm sure I can find something to use it on.
Which TVonDVD sets are OOP which they still carry?
Old 01-03-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Now this is irony. After having 3 accounts for forever, I sent a note through their "contact us" link yesterday on 2 of them requesting that the accounts be cancelled.

I almost did the exact same thing. Finally my procrastination pays off. Three blind buys for me---

From Up on Poppy Hill for $3.82.
Only God Forgives for $3.82.
You're Next for free!

Hopefully I'll receive these before Summer. Big thanks, dentam.
Old 01-03-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
On another account, I got Despicable Me 2 BD for about $4 shipped.
Same here. Since we haven't watched the first one yet I figured I could afford to wait a while in this one if necessary.
Old 01-03-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Which TVonDVD sets are OOP which they still carry?
Wings S1/S2, S4, S5, S6, S7, Final (S8)

All seasons of Wings are OOP but CH doesn't carry S3. I needed S6 & S7 to complete the series. I'd picked up the others on the old CH sign up where you could get 7+ TVonDVD sets for enrollment selections. They removed them as sign up titles before I got those 2. These are the sets from Paramount - they *are* coming back into print from Mill Creek (probably with lots of compression - the 1 available and 1 upcoming have 9-10 eps. per disk) in 2 season sets.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 01-03-14 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Thanks for the info! I only have Wings S1/S2. I may have to think about getting the others... Yeah, I loved getting the TV seasons as enrollments...

SWEET, I just found a 3rd account! This is a VERY old account. I'm shocked it is in the new system. I used the "forgot password" button, and started trying old email addresses. I found one that is in their system! I reset the password, and boom, 3rd order coming shortly! Debating on ordering Argento's Dracula 3D. I'm sure it will be terrible, but I bet he'll make good use of the 3D, with blood squirting out of the screen...

EDIT: Reviews of Dracula are pretty terrible. I think I'll skip that one... I went with Fast & the Furious 6 LE Combo Pack for $3.82 shipped...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-03-14 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-03-14, 05:47 PM
Cool New Member

For those interested,this code also works with SFBC and QPB

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.