Reload this Page >

Beware of autoship of Angels & Demons Director's Selection

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 12-15-09, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 270 Likes on 206 Posts

Just received a copy of Angels and Demons from CH. It is an automatic shipment "Director's Selection" This was shipped even though I resonded no the DC.

The dvd release date was 11/24 yet the order date was 12/8.Since most DC's are new releases shouldn't the order date for a director's selection be the release date and not a date several weeks after the release date? I know this order wasn't listed in my order history 5 days ago, so it must have materialized there on the day it was shipped.

If I try to go through the returns and exchanges section, CH wants me to pay for return shipping which I should not have to since I did not order this. Will CH send out return postage paid labels anymore?
Old 12-16-09, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts
Re: Beware of autoship of Angels & Demons Director's Selection

Originally Posted by movieguru
Just received a copy of Angels and Demons from CH. It is an automatic shipment "Director's Selection" This was shipped even though I resonded no the DC.

The dvd release date was 11/24 yet the order date was 12/8.Since most DC's are new releases shouldn't the order date for a director's selection be the release date and not a date several weeks after the release date? I know this order wasn't listed in my order history 5 days ago, so it must have materialized there on the day it was shipped.

If I try to go through the returns and exchanges section, CH wants me to pay for return shipping which I should not have to since I did not order this. Will CH send out return postage paid labels anymore?
I would just put it back in it's packaging, tape it up and put 'Refused - Return to Sender'
Old 12-16-09, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
I would just put it back in it's packaging, tape it up and put 'Refused - Return to Sender'
The Post Office will only accept "refused" packages if they are unopened. If they've been opened, they will be returned to you with a note telling you how much it will cost to ship. Of course if you tape it up REALLY carefully, they might not notice.

And thanks for the heads up OP. I'm not expecting anything from CH, so anything that shows up won't be getting opened.
Old 12-16-09, 10:25 AM

Just got an email about The Hangover movie as a Director's Selection. Seems like a quick turnaround since they want a reply by 12/27/09 I had an issue with a Director's Selection in the past lucky I caught it before it shipped called them and fixed it before it shipped.
Old 12-16-09, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by VamPirateXXX
The Post Office will only accept "refused" packages if they are unopened. If they've been opened, they will be returned to you with a note telling you how much it will cost to ship. Of course if you tape it up REALLY carefully, they might not notice.

And thanks for the heads up OP. I'm not expecting anything from CH, so anything that shows up won't be getting opened.
I guess it depends on what the packaging looks like, but I've done it before where it just needs one piece of tape. Unless it's going on top of post office labels or stickers, I don't see how they could know that it wasn't originally like that.
Old 12-17-09, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by joltman
I guess it depends on what the packaging looks like, but I've done it before where it just needs one piece of tape. Unless it's going on top of post office labels or stickers, I don't see how they could know that it wasn't originally like that.
If it's a standard box that is sealed with packing tape, that would probably work most, if not all the time. The CH mailers that are made for a single movie are a different story since they're glued shut and you usually have to tear them open. Those are a bit more obvious if you attempt to reseal them.

Back on topic, I would just send CH an email, or call them. If this is a one-time incident, especially if you did respond to the Director's Selection, they'll probably be able to send you a prepaid label.