Reload this Page >

TV Edition Title Availability?

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 03-22-09, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm thinking about opening a CH TV account. I've already picked out the two enrollment titles I want (House, M.D. - Season Four and Thundercats - Season One, Volume One). Before I commit, though, I want to know if the following series will be available to me once I join:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Burn Notice
Cheers
Dallas
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Psych
seaQuest DSV
She-Ra, Princess of Power
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Superman: The Animated Series
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I don't need to know necessarily which seasons are currently available, or pricing--just knowing I'll be able to get releases from these series is sufficient.

Also, if there is a thread somewhere that I missed that lists available titles, I would appreciate it if someone would simply point me in that direction. I found the enrollment list just fine, but not a site-wide list.
Old 03-22-09, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: TV Edition Title Availability?

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
I'm thinking about opening a CH TV account. I've already picked out the two enrollment titles I want (House, M.D. - Season Four and Thundercats - Season One, Volume One). Before I commit, though, I want to know if the following series will be available to me once I join:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Burn Notice
Cheers
Dallas
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Psych
seaQuest DSV
She-Ra, Princess of Power
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Superman: The Animated Series
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I don't need to know necessarily which seasons are currently available, or pricing--just knowing I'll be able to get releases from these series is sufficient.

Also, if there is a thread somewhere that I missed that lists available titles, I would appreciate it if someone would simply point me in that direction. I found the enrollment list just fine, but not a site-wide list.
you can search columbiahouse.com
Old 03-22-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The complete list of titles is available in the sticky posts at the top of this forum. Currently, it's the 5th from the top. It's called:

The new updated list of CH DVDs (data miner)

This list is also referenced many times in the CH FAQ, which is also in the stickies at the top of this forum (currently the last one). It's mentioned first at the very top under the "useful threads" section, and then is listed under the "How do I make the most of my deal?" section.

If you're joining CH for the first time, I suggest you read that FAQ, as well as the other sticky posts. The only differences between the TV Club and the regular club are (1) the enrollment deal and (2) the Director's Selection that's offered each month.
Old 03-22-09, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cheato
The complete list of titles is available in the sticky posts at the top of this forum. Currently, it's the 5th from the top. It's called:

The new updated list of CH DVDs (data miner)

This list is also referenced many times in the CH FAQ, which is also in the stickies at the top of this forum (currently the last one). It's mentioned first at the very top under the "useful threads" section, and then is listed under the "How do I make the most of my deal?" section.

If you're joining CH for the first time, I suggest you read that FAQ, as well as the other sticky posts. The only differences between the TV Club and the regular club are (1) the enrollment deal and (2) the Director's Selection that's offered each month.
Thanks; I wasn't clear that each club had the same inventory.
Old 03-22-09, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^

You do know that you don't have to buy TV sets to fulfill a TV Club account? As long as a title is $19.95 or higher, it will count towards fulfilling your obligation. Also, use HDL when enrolling.
Old 03-23-09, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

You do know that you don't have to buy TV sets to fulfill a TV Club account? As long as a title is $19.95 or higher, it will count towards fulfilling your obligation. Also, use HDL when enrolling.
Yes, I found that information in one of the aforementioned sticky threads. As for the data miner list of all CH titles, I can't access it. I saw several other posts from other members who had problems retrieving it, but I am not nearly as computer savvy as they.
Old 03-23-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried to download it (never had a problem before), and was unable to connect to the site. I also upgraded to IE8 today, so it could be that...
Anybody else?
Old 03-23-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 623 Likes on 457 Posts

^Don't think so. I was going to post that it doesn't work with either IE7 *or* Firefox... That was yesterday. I just tried it again with Firefox to post the error returned but it's back up. Try again.

Edit---

Looks like he may have had a server crash. The database date on the site is 5/19/2008 and I know it was updated beyond that. I have a local copy of the database file dated 10/13/08 (ch_101308.txt). I *think* there was an update after that one but I've not looked back through old posts to see for sure.

Edit #2---

And the latest list is listed on the news page, not the main page where I was looking. The latest list is ch_02092009.txt.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 03-23-09 at 08:55 PM.