Old 09-26-08, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Krelyan
Subtotal: $21.71
Shipping & Processing: $4.98
Tax: $0.00
Total: $26.69
Did you order this pair before the free shipping code went live? Just curious. BTW, I was able to get a refund for shipping in the past. I emailed CH and mentioned that I would have waited a couple of days to place my order if I had known a free shipping code was in the offing. I politely request a refund for the shipping and they granted the refund.
Old 09-26-08, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B1G1 BD appears over.
Old 09-26-08, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
B1G1 BD appears over.
Dang I couldn't get another account open in time
Old 09-26-08, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Subgeniusguy
B1G1 BD appears over.

And my wallet is glad!!!!!
Old 09-26-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the notice yesterday that the Risky Business BD is out of stock. Figures that it happened to be one of the freebies in my order. Still, I expect that it will be back in stock soon.
Old 09-26-08, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts
I received about 5 notices of out of stock items and they seemed to be back in stock in two days or so. Now I have another 5 items out of stock and I'm hoping that they ship soon.
Old 09-26-08, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Krelyan
Subtotal: $21.71
Shipping & Processing: $4.98
Tax: $0.00
Total: $26.69
Ouch! Couldn't get the Free shipping to work? (or just ordered before it was available)?

I placed an order yesterday

Kung Fu Panda $29.96
Iron Man FREE
Hancock $29.96
Walk Hard FREE
S/H $0.00

Total $59.92 ($14.98 each)

Took some playing around to get Iron Man to show up as Free, but it all worked out.
Old 09-26-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed six orders for six pairs of bogo BRs.
I have gotten ONE shipping notice for one order, and 2 notices that 2 of the discs I ordered were oos. What about the other 3 orders CH?
Old 09-26-08, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I placed 2 orders for 6 discs each. As a new member to Columbia House, I was very impressed with this deal.

My main observation is that they need to add more titles to their available selection. Right now, they offer about 315 Blu-ray titles, while there are about 800 out in the market.
Old 09-26-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I placed 2 orders for 6 discs each. As a new member to Columbia House, I was very impressed with this deal.

My main observation is that they need to add more titles to their available selection. Right now, they offer about 315 Blu-ray titles, while there are about 800 out in the market.
Yes, I totally agree the selection is limited. However, you do have to take into account that they will never have any titles from Disney or any of the Disney associated studios. These include Buena Vista, Miramax, Dimension, and a couple other studios owned by Disney.

With that said, there definately could be another 100-200 titles added.

I would have loved to get U571 with the new DTS-HD/MA soundtrack as well as quite a few others during the BOGO sale.

I AM happy that we got the deal we did get. I picked up 12 titles.
Old 09-27-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
Yes, I totally agree the selection is limited. However, you do have to take into account that they will never have any titles from Disney or any of the Disney associated studios. These include Buena Vista, Miramax, Dimension, and a couple other studios owned by Disney.

I would have loved to get U571 with the new DTS-HD/MA soundtrack as well as quite a few others during the BOGO sale.

First, U-571 BD sounds remarkable! You won't be disappointed when you get it. As for the sale, it was the best BD deal we've had anywhere since HD dropped out, so I was happy to see it. The selection was decent for a new media type and I managed to fill a bunch of wants and SD upgrades I had been holding out on while waiting for a great sale. Hopefully there was a great response from the buyers and CH will invest more in BD for the future. From the several OOS notices I and other buyers received it seems obvious that CH was not prepared for the response they got, so I am thinking this might be good news for us in the future.
Old 09-27-08, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS

I still can't understand why they carry some Blu-Ray titles from certain studios but not others. They have basically full coverage for SD. Where is U-571 and End of Days from Uni? Where is Man on Fire and Point Break from Fox? Where is The Orphanage from New Line or the Counterfeiters from Sony? How about Blow, Ocean's 11, and the Kubricks from Warner? Makes no sense...
Old 09-27-08, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Copper Blue
I still can't understand why they carry some Blu-Ray titles from certain studios but not others. They have basically full coverage for SD. Where is U-571 and End of Days from Uni? Where is Man on Fire and Point Break from Fox? Where is The Orphanage from New Line or the Counterfeiters from Sony? How about Blow, Ocean's 11, and the Kubricks from Warner? Makes no sense...
I agree 100% on all counts. However we have to remember that this IS Columbia House we are talking about. They do things all the time that make no sense.
Old 09-29-08, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did anyone who used this code to get Iron Man and Forgetting Sara Marshall blu-rays get a duplicate order automatically placed by Columbia House for the full price on each title?
Old 09-29-08, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Oliver Clothesoff
Did anyone who used this code to get Iron Man and Forgetting Sara Marshall blu-rays get a duplicate order automatically placed by Columbia House for the full price on each title?
No, but they have done this to me before. Usually, the duplicate order is the one that goes through, and I have to either send the order back to them or contact customer service for a credit for the extra charge.
Old 09-29-08, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bobaray
No, but they have done this to me before. Usually, the duplicate order is the one that goes through, and I have to either send the order back to them or contact customer service for a credit for the extra charge.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 10-01-08, 12:21 PM

Not sure what is going over there at CH.

My orders have gone from Processed to Scheduled to Ship and then some of them back to Processed. Strange? Or is this typical behavior over there?
Old 10-01-08, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm also seeing duplicate orders, created several days after I placed my BOGO orders.

One account shows 5 of 6 items in the new order, with no free discs and full shipping. The other account shows 4 of 6 items items in a new order, also with no free discs and full shipping.

Pull your head out of your ass Columbia House.
Old 10-02-08, 12:53 PM

Did anyone elses Iron man selection disappear from their acct? It was the B1 of my order but still. It's been gone for a day.
Old 10-02-08, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow32
Did anyone elses Iron man selection disappear from their acct? It was the B1 of my order but still. It's been gone for a day.
I got a shipping notice for mine.

But this sort of thing happens at Columbia House all the time. It will likely be back within a day or two. You may even get it before that happens or you get a shipping notice. If not, call them, but you probably won't have to.
Old 10-02-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movielib
I got a shipping notice for mine.
I got a confirmation email this morning as well and they are using expedited shipping.
Old 10-02-08, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I got a confirmation email this morning as well and they are using expedited shipping.

I got the same e-mail too
Old 10-09-08, 06:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts
Got both Iron Man and The Happening a day apart. $32 and change shipped.
Kick ass!
Old 10-09-08, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BackStJoe
Got both Iron Man and The Happening a day apart. $32 and change shipped.
Kick ass!
Yep! Same here.
Old 10-09-08, 08:57 PM

my Iron Man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall still haven't shown up yet--got a shipping notice last week.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.