Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Columbia House - Changes to FunCash™ Program

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Columbia House - Changes to FunCash™ Program

Old 04-17-08, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received the insert in the mailings for both my Columbiahouse.com account and my chtvedition.com account. They both say the same as what is posted in the first message above, with the words "columbiahouse.com" replaced with "chtvedition.com" in my CHTV club mailing. The insert was a 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" white sheet of paper. The CHTV edition insert has the form number 08T06-BKS-987 (didn't save the other insert).
Old 04-18-08, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^I've not seen this verified anywhere either, and looking at the original post date it smacks suspiciously of an early April Fool's post.
Smack or no smack, my initial post was true.

It's been purged from my trash, otherwise I'd post a graphic or screenshot.
Old 04-18-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts
Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
Smack or no smack, my initial post was true.

It's been purged from my trash, otherwise I'd post a graphic or screenshot.

I guess I threw out the insert without noticing! I have a habbit of chucking anything but the card and catalog, giving inserts only a cursory glance.
Old 04-30-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts
I still haven't received any "official" notice of the FunCash changes. Regardless, I'll plan on using what I have in the next day or 2. Figured a bump of this thread could be a reminder for other folks to do the same.
Old 04-30-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
After "The Great Fun Cash Rape of '04" FC was almost worthless anyway, but now it won't even be worth lighting on fire.
Old 05-01-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts
I have yet to receive any confirmation either. But, I still used my $40 in FC to get a few of the special price "sets" just in case...
Old 05-01-08, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also never received any notice (I save all my email from CH, and there's nothing anywhere about it), but I did have a problem with a recent FC order, and when I called CH and talked to the CSR, she kind of confirmed that it's true, but I didn't ask for specific details:

Me: "I wanted to get this straightened out before the FunCash policy change on May 2nd."
Her: "That's right. But you still have a couple of days."
Me: "But I had a problem with the last order, and didn't want the next one to get lost or mixed up, and then I wouldn't be able to use my FC on the box sets I'm ordering."
Her: "Mmm. Probably a good idea."
Old 05-01-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts
Ugh! I even posted a note a couple of days ago about using up my FunCash. Well, I had put a couple of things in my cart but hadn't officially pulled the trigger. Just now when you go the site, I'm greeted by the following on the FunCash page:

FunCash redemption is suspended from May 2, 2008 - June 20, 2008 while we update our site features.

FunCash redemption is suspended May 2, 2008 - June 20, 2008 while we update our site features.

However, during this time you will continue to earn FunCash on virtually every DVD you buy which you can redeem for FREE DVDs after June 20, 2008.

NOTICE OF CHANGES TO THE FUNCASH™ PROGRAM
Changes effective May 2, 2008:

Redeeming FunCash™ for discounted DVDs will no longer be available. In order to redeem FunCash for a $19.95 item, you must have at least $20.00 in your FunCash account.
FunCash redemption for DVD or TV-on-DVD Sets & Collections will no longer be available.
Please note that how you earn FunCash will not change. You will still earn FunCash on every DVD you buy that you can redeem for FREE DVDs. Plus, redeeming your FunCash online is now easier than ever – just use the same shopping cart for FunCash redemption that you use for regular shopping at Columbiahouse.com.

I can only kick myself for not getting my order in. However, I'm still frustrated with CH that they weren't very efficient in getting the word out. Think I'll send a note to their customer service thanking them for their wonderful communication. I know it won't help, but maybe I'll feel a tiny bit better.