Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-07, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used to be able to get accts accepted online, but lately that hasn't happened. However, I've gotten 2 accts opened recently and not by calling. I've returned 2 "we want you back" cards that CH has mailed me and both have been approved. So, I'm 2 for 2 with those.
Old 03-25-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applied over phone with EBP last wednesday and got the dvds this wednesday. 7 days! Almost the fastest ever. Still rockin'
Old 03-27-07, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I applied online last Wednesday and got the welcome to the club email today.
Old 03-27-07, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Applied online w/D50 the evening of Mar 22nd (Thur) & received welcome on 25th (Sun). No CC used, only a PSN. PSN was from one of those "we want you back" type snail mails.

Last edited by thejester; 03-27-07 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-27-07, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those of you approved lately what codes have you been using ? I am going to try one more time and officially give up if not approved.
Old 03-27-07, 09:06 PM

I have had my last 2 accounts approved over the phone with EBP. My previous 5 were "lost" applying online.
Old 03-28-07, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by darkessenz
I have applied on tuesday of last week, and still no acceptance. How long until I should give up and place another order over the phone?

IT was using a PSN From a really OLD account...(and I can't remember which code it was a 6+1)
If you re-order, use different selections. JIC this order actually/eventually goes thru. If you've gotten they're "we want you back" mailings, use the PSN off of there - might help. So long as the address matches the one your ordering for.
Old 03-28-07, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
^Yes, one is probably a temporary charge to see if the credit card is valid. The second one is the real charge. Temporary charges typically drop off in a few days to a week, depending on the card company (or bank, in this case).

so even though both were just taken off does that mean i am still approved and they will charge once they ship or does it mean since both are gone i am not approved after all
Old 03-28-07, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
so even though both were just taken off does that mean i am still approved and they will charge once they ship or does it mean since both are gone i am not approved after all
If both drop off it suggests that they were both temporary charges. I'm not sure how debit cards work. With credit cards it is easy to tell a real charge from a temporary one.

While it is possible that a charge will reappear, it doesn't look good for your enrollment application. Give it another week or so before reapplying with different titles.
Old 03-28-07, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by darkessenz
I have applied on tuesday of last week, and still no acceptance. How long until I should give up and place another order over the phone?

IT was using a PSN From a really OLD account...(and I can't remember which code it was a 6+1)
It has been reported that Columbia House no longer accepts the 6+1 K7* codes, if that was what you were referring to. You might get a rejection letter saying this. Stick to the 7+2 codes when enrolling.
Old 03-28-07, 11:42 AM

I applied online last Monday (3/19) using one of the 7+2 codes that require a PSN. I used a PSN from an account that had been opened in 2005 and received a "Thank you for your application" email. I currently have one other active account that's been fulfilled.

Usually, I get the "Welcome to the DVD club!" within 2-3 business days and I've done 20+ memberhips over the past 5+ years. So this most recent application is taking an unusually long amount of time for me, and I'm wondering when I should consider the application to be lost and try again (picking the same enrollment titles).
Old 03-28-07, 01:24 PM

here's my story...
member since 2001 and actively kept 2 memberships open at all times, fulfilling and quickly quitting only to sign up again and again and again until...
early 2006 they blacklisted our household.
i saved up every application we received in the mail to rejoin from that point (even though they weren't allowing anyone to) and towards the end of 2006 i mailed a HUGE stack back to customer service (in one of their own dvd mailers) asking them to either allow us to join or stop the applications in the mail.
we successfully were allowed to open a new account in january (mail-in application), and i tried a second account online monday and got an email approval today!
yee-ha!!!
Old 03-29-07, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Well, that's a creative approach to getting a new membership! I never get snail mail "we want you back" applications anymore. They only send me e-mail ones.
Old 03-29-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by elektrohog
here's my story...
member since 2001 and actively kept 2 memberships open at all times, fulfilling and quickly quitting only to sign up again and again and again until...
early 2006 they blacklisted our household.
i saved up every application we received in the mail to rejoin from that point (even though they weren't allowing anyone to) and towards the end of 2006 i mailed a HUGE stack back to customer service (in one of their own dvd mailers) asking them to either allow us to join or stop the applications in the mail.
we successfully were allowed to open a new account in january (mail-in application), and i tried a second account online monday and got an email approval today!
yee-ha!!!
Good story, kudos to you sir for not giving up! There may yet be hope for others who have similar issues.
Old 03-29-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by budster7
I applied online last Monday (3/19) using one of the 7+2 codes that require a PSN. I used a PSN from an account that had been opened in 2005 and received a "Thank you for your application" email. I currently have one other active account that's been fulfilled.

Usually, I get the "Welcome to the DVD club!" within 2-3 business days and I've done 20+ memberhips over the past 5+ years. So this most recent application is taking an unusually long amount of time for me, and I'm wondering when I should consider the application to be lost and try again (picking the same enrollment titles).
Did you use a credit card? If so and you haven't seen the charge in two weeks the application was probably "lost". If you didn't use a credit card (most likely the case with a PSN code) then you might want to wait three weeks for an enrollment package to show up before reapplying with the same titles.

Last edited by lizard; 03-29-07 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-29-07, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
Did you use a credit card? If so and you haven't seen the charge in two weeks the application was probably "lost". If you didn't use a credit card (most likely the case with a PSN code) then you might want to wait three weeks for an enrollment package to show up before reapplying with the same titles.
No, I didn't use a credit card. The 7+2 code I used (don't remember which one now) didn't require it, it only asked for a PSN.
Old 04-02-07, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hex
Placed an order online with c7m on 3/19 and got the welcome email this morning. It was my first application in about 3 months (usually takes quite a while for the packages to get out to California, though), although my wife had one go missing in February.

My order:
A Scanner Darkly
Art School Confidential
Devil & Daniel Johnston
Forbidden Planet 50th
Matador
Scarface PS
Talladega Nights
I applied on 3/22 with that code ( c7m ) and no acceptance, just the usual first e-mail.
Old 04-03-07, 10:43 PM

Finally had two accounts fullfilled one and closed it, kept one open had done several over the last few months and never had anything no luck, finally called about a retrun credit and asked they said I was black listed for a previous account, after explaining I never had the account they spoke of and the CSR looked and saw I had been paying my accounts she removed the bad account and I reapplied getting approval email the next day.
Old 04-03-07, 10:58 PM

Another data point....

My last two or three web apps all went missing, so I tried a phone app with EBP last Friday. The real charge hit my credit card yesterday. That is the fastest I've ever seen tangible evidence of account approval. It looks like we're solidly back into the "web app bad, phone app good" mode.
Old 04-04-07, 01:35 AM

can anyone tell me how long it takes your dvd's to arrive? I just got my acceptance letter today. I live in an apartment and sometimes packages are known to dissapear. I'll be gone on Monday for easter and i don't want it coming while im gone. I might just put a hold at my post office anyways because I have school all during the day and I would really like to not have my package stolen. It just sucks the post office is kind of far away.
Old 04-04-07, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by takingchase
can anyone tell me how long it takes your dvd's to arrive? I just got my acceptance letter today. I live in an apartment and sometimes packages are known to dissapear. I'll be gone on Monday for easter and i don't want it coming while im gone. I might just put a hold at my post office anyways because I have school all during the day and I would really like to not have my package stolen. It just sucks the post office is kind of far away.
i applied online last monday and my package arrived by the following tuesday (8 calendar days turnaround).
also, i used the BILL ME function (no credit card).
Old 04-04-07, 06:22 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

what code did you use?
Old 04-04-07, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
what code did you use?
c7m, if i remember correctly.
Old 04-05-07, 01:12 AM

After waiting 2.5 weeks on my web application, I replied back to the "Thank you for your application" email asking about the status of my application and got this response:

We are unable to locate a membership for you, at this time. Therefore, we must assume a transmission error occurred when processing your application. If you still wish to become a club member, it will be necessary
to submit a new application for processing. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.
Old 04-05-07, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
That's the standard, generic response in your situation for years now, and it means nothing. They made no effort to locate jack squat for you. They never do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.