Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSA SHAE.... I see where you say you still have an fulfilled, open account. This is probably why. CH only allows for 1 membership now. I was trying a long time after the switch with BMG taking over and I couldn't get approved. I noticed on my open account it said only 1 membership.. yadda yadda..... I closed the account, waited a week, sent an app in and got approved. YMMV.

I haven't had an account in awhile, so I'm going to try my luck today.
Old 03-15-07, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well my application to the tv club seems to have been processed got charged the 16.00 for house season 2 plus tax ... now awaiting the package ... this was march 12th got charged on march 14th no emails though.

this was a Marketing phone call from Columbiahouse that I answered and spoke to a rep... so don't know if this counts.

but my regular club application from the 8th with the BILL ME option nothing yet

DVD Count As Price

Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Gu 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Aw 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - th 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Ul 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Su 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Ni 1 selection $0.49
Dragon Ball Z: Kid Buu 1 - Reg 1 selection $9.95

Total Items 7 selections

Shipping & Processing: FREE
Order Total: $12.89

oh well will try again some other time.

Last edited by DisneyDVDFAN; 03-15-07 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDMagic
That's what I thought because basically instead of taking them up on 1 @ $14.95 I now have to buy 1 @ $19.95 plus shipping so it's another $5 to them. That's my theory anyway.

Since this is an account where the DVD's I got weren't top priorities, I'll just ride it out with various BOGO's and free S&H when they come around.
Your strategy of declining the $14.95 bonus was a good one. Using BOGOF you can get two DVDs for $19.95 instead of that one for $14.95. You'll pay a bit extra on shipping, unless you get lucky and find a BOGOF code plus free shipping, but it is pretty close to a wash. When the bonus is $9.95, as with the best codes, it is best to take it to reduce the commitment by one.
What code do you suggest I use online to get the better deal if 1KJ is no longer working?
Any of the codes listed in the Enrollment codes thread ought to give the best deal. There are dozens of similar 7:2 codes that aren't listed. If you choose to try a phone application use code EBP.
Old 03-15-07, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by j-bo
DSA SHAE.... I see where you say you still have an fulfilled, open account. This is probably why. CH only allows for 1 membership now. I was trying a long time after the switch with BMG taking over and I couldn't get approved. I noticed on my open account it said only 1 membership.. yadda yadda..... I closed the account, waited a week, sent an app in and got approved. YMMV.

I haven't had an account in awhile, so I'm going to try my luck today.
While the membership terms say that accounts are limited to one open at a time, they do not necessarily enforce that. I opened a new account in January and have an old one that remains open after several years. Just why applications get rejected or "lost" remains a mystery.

I think it has to to with how the Columbia House person reviewing the application is feeling that day.
Old 03-15-07, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
When I called in to apply for a new account the csr told me that you can still have two accounts open per address.
Old 03-16-07, 08:41 PM

Just got approved for C7M. Approval took 3 days.
Old 03-17-07, 09:10 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by lizard
Your strategy of declining the $14.95 bonus was a good one. Using BOGOF you can get two DVDs for $19.95 instead of that one for $14.95. You'll pay a bit extra on shipping, unless you get lucky and find a BOGOF code plus free shipping, but it is pretty close to a wash. When the bonus is $9.95, as with the best codes, it is best to take it to reduce the commitment by one.
Any of the codes listed in the Enrollment codes thread ought to give the best deal. There are dozens of similar 7:2 codes that aren't listed. If you choose to try a phone application use code EBP.
Looks like my strategy paid off Lizard, because lo and behold a code (804428) appeared with BOGO and free s&h.

Opened and closed an account within 10 days (with the exception of preorders)

Here's my haul from this account:

Lost Boys SE - 0.49
Black Rain SE - 0.49
Y Tu Mama Tambien - 0.49
Click - 0.49
Monster - 0.49
Poseidon SE - 0.49
Blood Diamond - 19.95
Children of Men - Free
The Pursuit of Happyness - $19.95
Flushed Away - Free
The Good Shepherd - $19.95
Gridiron Gang - Free
Rocky Balboa - $19.95
Crank - Free

Total = $82.74
Avg price = $5.91
Old 03-17-07, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Your average would have been $5.23 if you had just picked up just the three required fulfillments, rather than adding in the fourth pair of DVDs (at the equivalent of $9.98 each). But that's still a very good membership! BOGOF with free shipping is a very good deal.
Old 03-17-07, 01:11 PM

^ yeah, I actually misread the requirements and it was actually 4 to fulfill the membership.

Going to give another account a shot soon since I only have this one open.
Old 03-17-07, 04:26 PM

OK, went ahead and attempted to open another account since a couple of others from earlier in the month didn't work because the code is not in effect anymore (1KJ).

Opted to use the LMT and we'll see if it works. It's a standard 7:2 offer. It would be sweet if they approved it and the current BOGO and free s&h codes are still active, so we'll wait and see.

Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
The Matador
Syriana
Network SE
Old 03-20-07, 11:18 AM

Welp.... I applied last week with the EBP code and didn't even get an email stating thanks for applying. I've always gotten that email before, even if my app never happened.

I may try C7M with different selections just to see if I get a thanks for applying email and if they both go through, then I wont be stuck with same titles either.
Old 03-20-07, 01:06 PM
Cool New Member

Welp.... I applied last week with the EBP code and didn't even get an email stating thanks for applying. I've always gotten that email before, even if my app never happened.
This happened to me last week or at least I thought it did. I eventually did get the "thanks for applying" email four days after I applied but so far no welcome or rejection emails. Most likely this one got "lost" with my previous 4 attempts.

What a screwy way to do business.
Old 03-20-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mikerobrewer
...What a screwy way to do business.
That's Columbia House in a nutshell!
Old 03-21-07, 08:12 AM

It's now 5 online enrollments without any success and counting. Also, with people now not even being able to successfully enrolling on the phone, I'm not going to bother with that route. I agree, it's definitely not a way to do business. We, DVDTalkers, have been such big customers for years. You would think they would want us back.
Old 03-21-07, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by consoleman
It's now 5 online enrollments without any success and counting. Also, with people now not even being able to successfully enrolling on the phone, I'm not going to bother with that route. I agree, it's definitely not a way to do business. We, DVDTalkers, have been such big customers for years. You would think they would want us back.
You're not even going to try the phone? Not everyone is unsuccessful. I am 5 for 5 on my last EBP apps, I suggest you try at least calling in an app for that code once.
Old 03-21-07, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by basaro
You're not even going to try the phone? Not everyone is unsuccessful. I am 5 for 5 on my last EBP apps, I suggest you try at least calling in an app for that code once.
Will probably wait a few days just in case my last online enrollment gets accepted. Still, I'm one of those people who loves the convenience of ordering things online. Rarely do I like using the phone, but I guess that's just me.
Old 03-21-07, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My last apps took nearly a month to come through as approved. In fact, it took so long that I actually purchased one of the discs I'd requested elsewhere, and I usually hold off for a while on those.
Old 03-22-07, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by consoleman
Will probably wait a few days just in case my last online enrollment gets accepted. Still, I'm one of those people who loves the convenience of ordering things online. Rarely do I like using the phone, but I guess that's just me.
I'm the same way - much prefer ordering online without the hassle of having to talk to someone. I'm always chopping and changing my selections and it's just more convenient that way. I'm never in that much of a rush (well, usually) to get something done.

I'm still waiting to hear something from an order I placed on 17th. But since that was the weekend and the confirmation page said I shoul dhear something in a week, I guess I'll try to be patient . It can be hard though, especially with the BOGO and free s&h codes floating around
Old 03-22-07, 11:51 AM
Hex

Placed an order online with c7m on 3/19 and got the welcome email this morning. It was my first application in about 3 months (usually takes quite a while for the packages to get out to California, though), although my wife had one go missing in February.

My order:
A Scanner Darkly
Art School Confidential
Devil & Daniel Johnston
Forbidden Planet 50th
Matador
Scarface PS
Talladega Nights
Old 03-22-07, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
I'm the same way - much prefer ordering online without the hassle of having to talk to someone. I'm always chopping and changing my selections and it's just more convenient that way. I'm never in that much of a rush (well, usually) to get something done.

I'm still waiting to hear something from an order I placed on 17th. But since that was the weekend and the confirmation page said I shoul dhear something in a week, I guess I'll try to be patient . It can be hard though, especially with the BOGO and free s&h codes floating around
Yep, I'm exactly the same way. I don't know how many times I've changed my selections while waiting for an online enrollment to take. Usually, if it doesn't go through one time, there's always new things coming in I prefer better and I'll just try enrolling again. I just find phone enrollments a bit time-consuming. I've tried it once or twice in the past. Looks like if this online enrollment doesn't kick in, I just might have to phone it in as much as I hate doing that.
Old 03-23-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why are there two holds on my bank account from columbia house for an enrollemnet package, i signed up yesterday and they put two holds on my acct for the same amount $12.xx
Old 03-23-07, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
why are there two holds on my bank account from columbia house for an enrollemnet package, i signed up yesterday and they put two holds on my acct for the same amount $12.xx
that mean's you were accepted...only one charge will go through.
Old 03-23-07, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Yes, one is probably a temporary charge to see if the credit card is valid. The second one is the real charge. Temporary charges typically drop off in a few days to a week, depending on the card company (or bank, in this case).
Old 03-23-07, 02:47 PM

I applied on the 20th. Received the confirmation email today.

Already ordered the Almodovar collection
Old 03-23-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
that mean's you were accepted...only one charge will go through.
that will be the fastest i have ever been accepted than, less than 24 hrs. that will be my 4th account

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.