Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Has anyone applied within the last seven days?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This time however i did get an email right after so maybe that is a good sign ?
Was it just the "Thanks for the application" message? If so, that really doesn't mean anything.
Old 01-24-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it just the "Thanks for the application" message? If so, that really doesn't mean anything.
Yes that is all it was. But all the times i was accepted i received that email and all the times i did not i didn't. So i thought possibly it could be a good sign.

No approval email yet...
Old 01-24-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is it possible to have four accounts if you have a po box? for instance say I have two accounts open which I do at a PO Box right now. I applied using a better code and used my home address yesterday. Can I still get approved since I already have two even though its a different mailing address?
Old 01-25-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ While you can have accounts at a P.O. Box in addition to a home address, you need to use a different credit card. It would also help if you used a different name. Anecdotal evidence suggests that getting accounts approved at a P.O. Box is more difficult than at a street address but, of course, that's all the address that some people have.

If Columbia House manages to link your P.O. Box address and your home address they might blacklist you. They don't like it when people use multiple addresses to open additional accounts, although it isn't unusual for people to do so. Sometimes work and home addresses are used.

Last edited by lizard; 01-25-07 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-27-07, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still no approval email... i can't recall how long it usually has taken, since it has been to long since i have been approved. So it's been 5 days now. Is it time to give up yet or does it take abit longer lately ?
Old 01-27-07, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Five days is too soon to give up. If you haven't heard anything in two weeks or more, the application is probably "lost". Even so, it is best to apply again using different titles just in case the missing application turns up.
Old 01-27-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I applied on 1/10 by phone after the code I used online was rejected. I still have not received anything form the phone enrollment. I want to watch my movies!!!!!!
Old 02-04-07, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by viking99
Thajenius - How many more DVDs at "regular club price" are you required to purchase?
The code i used was for 6 at .49 buy 3 within 2 yrs. Or buy 6 at .49, one at 9.99 and then 2 at regular within 2 years.

Here is what I got so far.....

Enrollment Package....
$.49 Final Destination .
$.49 Final Destination 3 Thrill Ride Edition
$.49 Final Destination 2
$.49 Saw II Uncut Edition
$.49 Waiting... Unrated and Raw Deluxe Edition
$.49 Mallrats 10Th Anniversary Extended Edition
$9.99 Bullitt Special Edition

Fullfillment....
$32.97 The Godfather DVD Collection
$25.77 The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology

Sale Item....
$9.95 Clerks 2

Spent $18 funcash from Fullfillment to get...
$1.97 Reservoir Dogs 15th Anniversary Edition

Picked these up too for the $14 shipped deal goin on which will get me another $4 funcash.
$7.00 Dumb and Dumber Unrated Platinum Series
$7.00 Caddyshack 20Th Anniversary

After S&H fees etc, I got 20 movies at $5.78 each.

My DVDs have been arriving within 3 days of order via media mail from Georgia to Michigan.

Last edited by Thajenius; 02-04-07 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-04-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still nothing for me yet... looks like it might be a lost cause.
Old 02-05-07, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
I applied earlier this week and received my approval notice via email within 4 days. I can also say that after the dark ages of rarely getting approved on web apps for a couple of years, I have had a 100% success rate over the last year or so.
Old 02-05-07, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bill: what code did you use ?
Old 02-05-07, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
1KJ - 7 enrollments (1 @ 9.95) w/ 2 to buy, no PSN required, used a credit card to pay at enrollment (no bill later). I've used this one the last few times at least.
Old 02-05-07, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I've replied to all of the "we want you back" emails CH had sent me, but hadn't gotten any response after the confirmation email. Then I remembered I also mailed in a form a few weeks back. Today, a large box shows up.

Monster House
What's Eating Gilbert Grape SE
Blade 2: 2-disc Platinum Series
The Deer Hunter Legacy Series
JFK: 2-disc
Citizen Kane
Ronin: 2-disc
Some Like It Hot: 2-disc
Old 02-06-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ I take it that the approved enrollment was the result of the mail-in form, right? If so, that is interesting because not many take that approach nowadays.

This may seem counterintuitive, but replying to "We want you back" e-mails probably has no greater acceptance rate than just going to the website with a code. So far as Columbia House is concerned, the applications look the same and are processed using the same goofy criteria, so far as I can determine.
Old 02-06-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a "we want you back" letter the other day, and tried to do an online enrollment. Doesn't look like it's going to work either. This is about the 5th week I've been trying to open a new account. I am going to wait another week or so and then attempt to sign up via mailing in the form.
Old 02-06-07, 12:37 PM

Two in the last week, and I don't remember the last time I was denied. I'm on around my 25th account.

I always use C7L.
Old 02-06-07, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I got a "we want you back" letter the other day, and tried to do an online enrollment. Doesn't look like it's going to work either. This is about the 5th week I've been trying to open a new account. I am going to wait another week or so and then attempt to sign up via mailing in the form.
i'd try by phone if you haven't done so already instead of a mail-in application
Old 02-07-07, 06:00 PM

Just got approved with a web application.
Old 02-07-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I must be blacklisted for some unknown reason. What code did you use Jim ?
Old 02-07-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well I thought I was a lost cause, but I finally got a new one open. Signed up on the 4th, and the approval came on the 7th. I guess using my old dusty yahoo mail account instead of my shiny new gmail accounts did the trick.
Old 02-07-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well i did try again this past sunday/monday morn 4th/5th it was late at night. I used the code 1KJ that Bill Needle got approved with. But this time i did not get a email confirmation afterwards like i did previous time so who knows. Maybe i will get lucky and approval email will come later today or tomorrow. But i won't hold my breath.
Old 02-07-07, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Piazza
I must be blacklisted for some unknown reason. What code did you use Jim ?

If you're blacklisted, you'll almost always get a letter. Much more likely is that your applications are getting lost. Try picking up the phone- it usually works wonders!
Old 02-10-07, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lizard
^ I take it that the approved enrollment was the result of the mail-in form, right? If so, that is interesting because not many take that approach nowadays.

This may seem counterintuitive, but replying to "We want you back" e-mails probably has no greater acceptance rate than just going to the website with a code. So far as Columbia House is concerned, the applications look the same and are processed using the same goofy criteria, so far as I can determine.
Yep. The one app that did get accepted was the mail-in, which had a different code. I can't remember which one it was. But my agreement was if I buy one at $10, I only have to buy 3 more. Now, I know that isn't the best deal, but I could care less if my "average" title is higher. I haven't had an acct in months, so I was just glad to get approved again. If I can get 8 movies up front for $25+, I don't care how many additional titles I have to buy to complete. That first big box seals the deal for me.
Old 02-13-07, 07:11 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I applied for the TV club on Sunday and was surprised to get accepted yesterday, but definitely not complaining. I already have 3 regular accounts open and was surprised to see it go thru since it was more of a long shot.

Only problem is now I can't remember what I ordered. I know one was 'CSI: Miami S1', but can't remember the other. Is theere any way of checking? I already have my account set up online but when I go to order history there is nothing there.
Old 02-13-07, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts
Just got my charge for a phone app I put through last week.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.