Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

ClubHoopla.com $7 sets each (James Bond Vol. 1, 2 or 3 & Hannibal Lecter Collections)

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

ClubHoopla.com $7 sets each (James Bond Vol. 1, 2 or 3 & Hannibal Lecter Collections)

Old 12-26-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I placed my first order on December 23 and got an email today saying it had shipped. 20% off orders of $50 or more plus free shipping if you buy 2 or more.
Here's the 4 sets I got:
James Bond Collection: Volume One - Blu-Ray (Dr. No, Live and Let Die and Die Another Day)
James Bond Collection: Volume Two - Blu-Ray (From Russia With Love, For Your Eyes Only and Thunderball)
James Bond Collection: Volume Three - Blu-Ray (Goldfinger, Moonraker and The World Is Not Enough)
The Hannibal Lecter Collection - Blu-Ray (Manhunter, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal)

This site is brought to you by Bookspan and Columbia House, which operate more than 20 of the most well-known book and DVD clubs in the U.S., including Book-of-the-Month, Doubleday Book Club, Columbia House DVD Club, History Book Club and Mystery Guild, to name a few.
Old 12-27-13, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts
Re: ClubHoopla.com $7 sets each (James Bond Vol. 1, 2 or 3 & Hannibal Lecter Collecti

Saw your post earlier in the day, Jim, but just now had a chance to sit down and check out the site. In addition to the deals above, there are some decent deals on DVD sets (Super Friends, Yogi Bear Complete, etc) that some might be interested in.

Then I happened to browse through the books they had available and came across quite a few items which would seem to be huge bargains.

A few of the ones I picked up:

The Science Fiction Universe and Beyond
Star Trek Vault
The Annotated Brothers Grimm
Spider-man Chronicle
Star Wars: The Complete Vader
Harry Potter Page to Screen
DC Comics Year by Year

These go for $25 or more at Amazon. I may link this thread in the book/comic book forum for folks there who might be interested in a couple of those titles.

I ended up with a $75 order of books/DVDs/BDs so I qualified for the 20% off. Combine that with the free shipping and this deal looks great.

Last edited by Cardsfan111; 12-27-13 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-27-13, 09:01 PM

Re: ClubHoopla.com $7 sets each (James Bond Vol. 1, 2 or 3 & Hannibal Lecter Collecti

Some great deals! I just pulled the trigger on Harry Potter : From Page to Screen. $5 and $1 shipping is a bargain.
Old 12-30-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I received my shipping confirmation e-mail today.
Old 12-31-13, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order came today. Huge, heavy box that cost $24+ to ship media mail and was received just a couple of days after the order was placed.

A couple of the big books were banged up a bit during shipping, but there's no way I can complain considering the magnitude of this deal. I'm tempted to place another order for many of the same items. These would make great gifts for various folks but I'd also like to enjoy them myself.
Old 01-01-14, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zombies (Chilling Archives of Horror Comics Volume 3) isn't bad for $5 either if you are a Horror/Comic fan.
Old 01-02-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm in the Science Fiction Book Club, which always has smoking book deals during sales ($9 or $10 each with free shipping). I just placed a $40 order 10 days ago, so I was worried those same titles would be cheaper here. Thankfully, none of the books I ordered are available here. But they do seem to carry 75% of the titles which SFBC has (and yes, I realize they have the same parent company).

I went ahead and placed a $64 order (before coupon). 10 $5 books, one BD, and one DVD. This is indeed an awesome deal! Thanks, bigjim!
Old 01-14-14, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you haven't placed an order yet, you may have missed out.

Everything has changed now--shipping is free with the purchase of 3 or more items (instead of 2), there's a different 20% coupon code good on an order of $75 or more (instead of $50) and many prices have gone up with the site indicating prices are "from $5/$7" instead of the flat cost per item. The Bond/Hannibal sets are $20.

Glad I made a 2nd order last week.
Old 01-14-14, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. I was gonna go back for more, but didn't. My order arrived today. 4 heavy boxes...
You werent kiddng about the increases. From the order I placed, one book went to $7, two went to $12, and one to $20! All were $5 before... Some items did not change, however...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 01-14-14 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-02-14, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Out of curiosity, decided to check this site out again. Can't get it to pull up. Wonder if it's dead already.