CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-07, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just signed up on-line using the 1kj code. This is my first time with CH, so I'll see how it all works out. I really wanted the Samurai Champloo set and ordered all 7 volumes for my 6 @ .49 / 1 @ 9.95. Two purchases over two years to fulfill the deal seems like a great deal to me. I'll keep watching these threads to maximize my buying strategy. Carefully reading the FAQs answered most of my questions and the rest just poking around the codes, deals threads. I do have a short list of other DVDs I'd like: Stardust, 300 and a few others. Once my account is approved, I'll see if a B1G1 or other code can apply in the future.
Thanks especially to Todd B. for the FAQ thread, and whoever first found and posted the 1kj code (I got it from Brent L's post) in ITALIAN926's thread.
Crossing my fingers there won't be any glitches.

Phil

Just got my confirmation , now to lurk in wait of a good sale code.
=========================================================
Jeez, just fulfilled this first account, 12 DVDs for $52.79 and applied for a 2nd using the same 1kj, 7/2 enrollment code. If it cranks through the system fast enough, maybe the B2G3 code will still be active!
P

Last edited by pmreed; 10-25-07 at 01:27 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-28-07, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by pmreed
I just signed up on-line using the 1kj code. This is my first time with CH, so I'll see how it all works out. I really wanted the Samurai Champloo set and ordered all 7 volumes for my 6 @ .49 / 1 @ 9.95. Two purchases over two years to fulfill the deal seems like a great deal to me. I'll keep watching these threads to maximize my buying strategy. Carefully reading the FAQs answered most of my questions and the rest just poking around the codes, deals threads. I do have a short list of other DVDs I'd like: Stardust, 300 and a few others. Once my account is approved, I'll see if a B1G1 or other code can apply in the future.
Thanks especially to Todd B. for the FAQ thread, and whoever first found and posted the 1kj code (I got it from Brent L's post) in ITALIAN926's thread.
Crossing my fingers there won't be any glitches.

Phil

Just got my confirmation , now to lurk in wait of a good sale code.
=========================================================
Jeez, just fulfilled this first account, 12 DVDs for $52.79 and applied for a 2nd using the same 1kj, 7/2 enrollment code. If it cranks through the system fast enough, maybe the B2G3 code will still be active!
P
I think I used 42m(hope it still works) if not I will be using this code I might just use this code to set up my wifes accountsince we order differant videos

is there a way to find out what code you used? because I dont want to wait 3 weeks for a letter saying i didnt get approved because of it?
Old 10-28-07, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why did you quote and include the entire previous post in yours?

Originally Posted by Koontzy
is there a way to find out what code you used?
No, I don't think so, but even if you could...
because I dont want to wait 3 weeks for a letter saying i didnt get approved because of it?
None of us do, but that's the way it works. And knowing what code you used wouldn't matter. And using the same code twice or three times or ten times wouldn't matter (unless, of course, the letter says the code was invalid).

I used 1KJ 6 times, the same way each time, over a few months, and for no apparent reason whatsoever, the 6th time was accepted--same DVDs in every order (see note below), same acceptance of the first, and not the second, $9.95 selection, same credit card, address, etc. (which my Norton Password Manager fills in for me, so I know I didn't type them differently). The first 5 were simply "lost" applications. However, I have had 100% success with the TV club enrollment code HDL. I'm pretty sure there is no science to this.

Special Note: rider555, if another thread, says he/she got blacklisted for trying to enroll with the same DVDs multiple times, and then suddenly having multiple accounts approved simultaneously with the same DVDs. So I won't be doing that again. I'll use different DVDs as my enrollment selections.

@pmreed: About your reply below, I took the "you" to mean the hypothetical "one" or "I," not really a directed question to "you" as in "pmreed." Sorry for any confusion I caused. I wonder which one the poster meant...

Last edited by Cheato; 10-28-07 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-28-07, 10:39 PM

is there a way to find out what code you used? because I dont want to wait 3 weeks for a letter saying i didnt get approved because of it?
Reread the first sentence in my post. I used the 1kj code.

Phil
Old 10-31-07, 10:18 AM

thinking of joining columbia house

hi all,

already a member of bmg and yourmusic and happy with them. i want to purchase heroes season 1 and was thinking of joining CH for it. my question is how much is the member's price for this? will it fulfill the contract so i am essentially getting 7 as a bonus for .49 each?
Old 10-31-07, 02:46 PM

Just curious, how long of a wait is typical before considering an application as "lost"? I enrolled 2 weeks ago using the 1kJ code. Haven't received anything back from CH yet....starting to think it may fall under the "lost" tag....
Old 10-31-07, 06:06 PM

^^ for nreyedoc

the heroes season 1 standard disks are:
List $59.98
Special $35.97 (40% OFF SETS current blanket discount at the moment)

HD price is:

List $99.98
Special $74.96
Old 10-31-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by reversole
Just curious, how long of a wait is typical before considering an application as "lost"? I enrolled 2 weeks ago using the 1kJ code. Haven't received anything back from CH yet....starting to think it may fall under the "lost" tag....
I'd say that application is lost. I believe an application is generally lost after five days. Your best bet when an application goes missing is to place another enrollment order with different titles. This is so you avoid getting duplicates in case the first application is approved.
Old 10-31-07, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by nreyedoc
hi all,

already a member of bmg and yourmusic and happy with them. i want to purchase heroes season 1 and was thinking of joining CH for it. my question is how much is the member's price for this? will it fulfill the contract so i am essentially getting 7 as a bonus for .49 each?
Season 1 is currently $35.97 + $7.99 shipping + Tax (depends... I don't get charged tax, others do). This counts as only 1 selection as the cost must be $39.95 or higher to count as 2. This would NOT fullfill your contract.

However, the HD set is $74.96 + $7.99 shipping + Tax. This one would count as 3 and WOULD fullfill the contract if using a 7/2 signup.

BUT... don't purchase either without using at least a B1G1 code to further maximize your savings!
Old 11-01-07, 12:20 PM

Thanks SFranke. I actually received this email from Columbia House last night:
"We are unable to locate a new membership for you, at this time. Therefore, we must assume a transmission error occurred when processing your application. If you still wish to become a club member, it will be necessary to submit a new application for processing."

darn "transmission errors"
Old 11-01-07, 07:22 PM

hi all,

Someone mentioned that you can get a b1g1 with boxed sets, not sure if that is true, you will have to look through the threads to find out or wait for someone to confirm it.

as for your second question. You get 6 for $.49 each and you will have to buy 3 more at $19.95 or more. The 7th is an added bonus for 9.95 you can reduce the number of dvds you have to purchase by 1, so instead of 3 you now have to buy 2 more. That is if you use the right code (1kj - I believe). Your initial package is about $13 plus tax if applicable. If you end up getting Heros in high def. don't purchase the 7th and you can fulfill all 3 commitments with the set.
Old 11-03-07, 08:06 PM

I got comeback email with the code "qj4" on 10/29/07. It's a 7:2.
Old 11-04-07, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Jane2001
Someone mentioned that you can get a b1g1 with boxed sets, not sure if that is true, you will have to look through the threads to find out or wait for someone to confirm it.

as for your second question. You get 6 for $.49 each and you will have to buy 3 more at $19.95 or more. The 7th is an added bonus for 9.95 you can reduce the number of dvds you have to purchase by 1, so instead of 3 you now have to buy 2 more. That is if you use the right code (1kj - I believe). Your initial package is about $13 plus tax if applicable. If you end up getting Heros in high def. don't purchase the 7th and you can fulfill all 3 commitments with the set.
You *can* use a box set as the "B1" part of a B1G1. You can *not* get a box set as the "free" selection using a B1G1 code. If you are interested in purchasing box sets as fulfillment selections you should use them as the B1 part of a B1G1 to maximize your savings. Keep in mind that box sets rarely qualify for free shipping.
Old 11-07-07, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by PueroYadrahs
I got comeback email with the code "qj4" on 10/29/07. It's a 7:2.
I applied for another account using "qj4" online on Saturday, and I got a "Welcome to the DVD club" email today. This is my 5th account with columbia house. I just cancelled one the other day, and I have one open that is already fulfilled. I didn't think I would get accepted, because of all the people that say they try applying online, and their applications get lost. Yay! Sorry. I'm just really surprised.
Old 11-07-07, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
You *can* use a box set as the "B1" part of a B1G1. You can *not* get a box set as the "free" selection using a B1G1 code. If you are interested in purchasing box sets as fulfillment selections you should use them as the B1 part of a B1G1 to maximize your savings. Keep in mind that box sets rarely qualify for free shipping.

i joined once but there are two charges showing up on my credit card...1st for $12.89, 2nd for $13.84. i used the 7/2 code (buying the first selection of the three for $9.95) does this all sound correct or did they double charge me somehow? if so, what is the most expeditious way to resolve it? i have not heard back from the club yet
Old 11-07-07, 03:53 PM
Cool New Member

i joined once but there are two charges showing up on my credit card...1st for $12.89, 2nd for $13.84. i used the 7/2 code (buying the first selection of the three for $9.95) does this all sound correct or did they double charge me somehow? if so, what is the most expeditious way to resolve it? i have not heard back from the club yet
Same thing happened to me when I signed up a couple weeks ago. They put two holds on your card, the first one for $12.89 is for the 7/2 without tax, the second of $13.84 is with tax. The $12.89 hold will disappear in a few days and the $13.84 will stick.

Last edited by Seanathan297; 11-07-07 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-07-07, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PueroYadrahs
I applied for another account using "qj4" online on Saturday, and I got a "Welcome to the DVD club" email today. This is my 5th account with columbia house. I just cancelled one the other day, and I have one open that is already fulfilled. I didn't think I would get accepted, because of all the people that say they try applying online, and their applications get lost. Yay! Sorry. I'm just really surprised.
My sense is that newcomers who have had few or no accounts before get on-line enrollments accepted with little or no difficulty. It is those of us who have had many accounts before who tend to have on-line applications "lost" or rejected. I've had more than 50 accounts at my current address and don't even bother with on-line applications anymore. I even get rejected on phone applications. Mail-in ones still seem to work though.

If you got an on-line enrollment accepted, great. It is simple enough to give it a try, as you know.
Old 11-08-07, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Seanathan297
Same thing happened to me when I signed up a couple weeks ago. They put two holds on your card, the first one for $12.89 is for the 7/2 without tax, the second of $13.84 is with tax. The $12.89 hold will disappear in a few days and the $13.84 will stick.

thanks for the prompt explanation. sitting tight waiting to here back from the club....
Old 11-08-07, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks for the prompt explanation. sitting tight waiting to here back from the club....

most likely you'll receive your package before you hear from CH via email.
Old 11-08-07, 12:34 PM

^^Not without them charging your card so it shows on your credit statement! (I hope...)

I selected "bill me" the second time around so there's no chance of checking the credit card statement this time around.

I have some stuff coming to me in the mail from columbia house through an existing membership. Is it a good idea to cancel this membership if I haven't recieved some dvds for this yet? The main thing I'm worried about is that they are sending me a replacement for a damaged item but I haven't recieved email confirmation on it being shipped yet.

Last edited by masuerte; 11-12-07 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-14-07, 08:33 AM

thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
most likely you'll receive your package before you hear from CH via email.
exactly as predicted received package in mail yest. now have to figure out how to fulfill buying the other two as cheaply as possible.... any advice?
Old 11-14-07, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
exactly as predicted received package in mail yest. now have to figure out how to fulfill buying the other two as cheaply as possible.... any advice?
if you're just looking to get your 2 fullfillments and get out as quickly as possible then now is the time to buy. 804238 is a b1g1 with free shipping which is pretty much the best code one can hope for on a normal basis. so pick 4 movies you want and order them in 2 seperate orders because it's not a b1g1 unlimited code. just make sure 1 of your choices for each order is over 19.95.

also from now on, if you have questions that aren't specific to this topic please ask them here: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=508198
Old 11-19-07, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

am i the only how is having prolems trying to get the 7:2 application online? I tried with all the code and none of them is working
Old 11-19-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^The enrollment codes do work ok. It sounds like you are having a cookie problem. Do you have an open account? Did you log out of it before you went to the columbiahouse.com website?

Have you tried closing your browser window and opening a new one? Or you could try a different browser, although that shouldn't be necessary.

In the past, some people have reported difficulty with firewalls and the Columbia House site. But I haven't seen any such reports in well over a year.
Old 11-24-07, 08:45 AM

I got a letter saying that my online application was denied after using online code LMT. CH said that it is an invalid code. Then I called to use code EBP and was told that that code is also invalid.

It looks like CH is getting very restrictive...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.