Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Old 05-02-07, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you apply over the phone, do you have to wait until you get your enrollment package to find out your account #? I applied over the phone and they asked for my email address, which I provided, thinking that they would email me my account # when I was approved like how the online applications work.

Then I realized later that this may not work the same way. Anyone have any experience on this? Or is there a way to find out the account # over the phone? I do know that there is a pending authorization on my credit card for the enrollment charge, which indicates I have been approved.
Old 05-03-07, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^It is rare to get an e-mail approval with a phone application. So, the short answer is "no", you can't get your account number until your enrollment package arrives. Getting through to a CSR is difficult, as you know, and they may not be able to find the new account number anyway.

You will just need to wait for your enrollment package to arrive. Takes about a week for me.

A temporary charge does not necessarily mean you are approved. But a "real" charge for the correct amount nearly always does mean that the application has been approved and is being processed.
Old 05-07-07, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by budster7
If you apply over the phone, do you have to wait until you get your enrollment package to find out your account #? I applied over the phone and they asked for my email address, which I provided, thinking that they would email me my account # when I was approved like how the online applications work.

Then I realized later that this may not work the same way. Anyone have any experience on this? Or is there a way to find out the account # over the phone? I do know that there is a pending authorization on my credit card for the enrollment charge, which indicates I have been approved.
FYI - I was able to get my account # before receiving my enrollment package (which I still haven't gotten yet). What I did was email [email protected] and ask for it. In my email, I provide my address information and also mentioned that I was emailing the request from the same email account that I had put on my application over the phone. I got a response back with the account # in a couple days and successfully registered on the site with the account #.

I also sent out the email after confirming the enrollment charge had showed up on my credit card so that I could be confident that my application had been approved and that I really should have an account # assigned.

Last edited by budster7; 05-07-07 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-21-07, 03:03 PM

i cant seem to enroll over the phone using that number in the post can someone give me the number that lets me enroll. If you cant enroll over the phone does using a credit card make online application success higher?
Old 05-21-07, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^I haven't used it in awhile, but the phone number for enrollment in the regular DVD club was 888-242-3837 at last report [this information is in the first post in this thread, of course]. The only working good 7:2 code is EBP for phone enrollments (there are others but we haven't posted them here, for reasons I won't get into). The usual on-line 7:2 enrollment codes DO NOT work on the phone, last I heard.

This phone number ought to work M-F during normal business hours. If it doesn't work, that would be interesting news.
Old 05-21-07, 04:10 PM

well I called them from that number and 1-800-863-9612 no option for enrollment. I asked a the person on the phone and they said online or by mail.
Old 05-22-07, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^That's bad news if we can no longer do phone enrollments. Trying to enroll through the regular phone numbers with the regular CSRs was limited to the standard (crappy) enrollment deal several years ago (no codes).

Last edited by lizard; 05-22-07 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-23-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just called and was denied EBP over the phone. CSR says the code is not available over the phone. Has anyone used this code lately?
I'm looking for a similar code to try again.
Old 05-23-07, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by basaro
I just called and was denied EBP over the phone. CSR says the code is not available over the phone. Has anyone used this code lately?
I'm looking for a similar code to try again.
Don't know about EBP (haven't done a phone enroll in a while), what about D50 or 42M? Both are 7/2 or 6/3 and work online. D50 doesn't require a PSN & has an option for CC during checkout.
Old 05-23-07, 03:23 PM

Hey basaro what number did you use and the options you used. For some reason im having trouble getting through with the phone number in the beginnning of the thread.
Old 05-23-07, 05:10 PM

I called up 1-888-242-3837 on monday (may 21) and was able to use the EBP code to enroll.
Old 05-23-07, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by psm129
I called up 1-888-242-3837 on monday (may 21) and was able to use the EBP code to enroll.
That's what I did today when I was denied. I have used this approach and this code for 5 or 6 approved apps over the last year or so. Maybe this code is dead on the phone now, bummer. I need a new one because I love phone apps, they always go through.

I will try the ones thejester suggested on the phone again tomorrow. I also tried LMY on the phone today too and that does not work. I used to use LMT years ago and I'm pretty sure they killed that, which is why I switched to EBP. Thought LMY might be the next in the LM line, but yeah it didn't work.
Old 05-23-07, 11:53 PM

hey thanks everybody I have one last question
Lets say I apply today, when should give up on that application and try again?
Old 05-24-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ You probably ought to wait at least two weeks before deciding that an enrollment application is lost. If possible, try to enroll with different titles for the next application, in case the first one does get approved eventually.
Old 05-30-07, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by thejester
Don't know about EBP (haven't done a phone enroll in a while), what about D50 or 42M? Both are 7/2 or 6/3 and work online. D50 doesn't require a PSN & has an option for CC during checkout.
EBP is not dead!
I tried again today with the codes thejester provided as backups, but I didn't need them, the CSR accepted the EBP code.

Must have been a glitch last week when I called because I called a few times that day and all the csr's said the same thing.

So, let's hope the approval rate has not changed and I get approved.
Old 06-01-07, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed an order with K7Q on 5/19/2007 A couple days ago I got a letter in my home mailbox dated May 24th that says

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your application because we are no longer accepting applications for this particular membership plan"

Sounds like it means that K7Q is dead, but who knows.
Old 06-02-07, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by basaro
EBP is not dead!
I tried again today with the codes thejester provided as backups, but I didn't need them, the CSR accepted the EBP code.

Must have been a glitch last week when I called because I called a few times that day and all the csr's said the same thing.

So, let's hope the approval rate has not changed and I get approved.
Just confirming my success with this code, just got my "Update your online account" welcome email!
Old 06-02-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by new2theplace
I placed an order with K7Q on 5/19/2007 A couple days ago I got a letter in my home mailbox dated May 24th that says

"Unfortunately, we are unable to process your application because we are no longer accepting applications for this particular membership plan"

Sounds like it means that K7Q is dead, but who knows.
The K7* 6:1 codes have been dead for some time now. ITALIAN926 probably should update the first post in this thread to reflect that.
Old 06-02-07, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lizard
The K7* 6:1 codes have been dead for some time now. ITALIAN926 probably should update the first post in this thread to reflect that.
Shit! No wonder I've been having no luck. So what's the best code to use for someone with a PSN who doesn't want to phone enroll?
Old 06-02-07, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Pretty much any of the others listed in the first post of this thread ought to work. Some allow the use of a credit card, others don't and require a PSN. So far as I am aware, all of the other codes are still valid.

There are lots of other good 7:2 codes, but we haven't bothered to list them.
Old 06-05-07, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lizard
Crap, I actually knew that 3 months ago when I opened my last account. At that point I read through the thread, to see what was what, since I'd been away from DVDTalk/CH for so many years. This time I just went straight to the top post.

Oh well, off to try a 7:2

Thanks
Old 06-07-07, 10:20 PM

So I'm confused. I just went through the motions of enrolling in a 7+2 on-line and I'm on the last page where I've entered my name, address etc. There's a submit button on the bottom that I haven't pressed yet because it looks like I'll be billed via mail. I don't want that because things will take too long before I can get my fulfilment titles. How do you sign up on-line and enter your credit card number while you're at it?
Old 06-07-07, 10:27 PM

The screen you are on is not the last page, click the submit button and it will take you to another screen that gives you the "bill me" option or you can enter your credit card info.

The email choice that you are referring to is simply a way for them to contact you about special deals and such.
Old 06-13-07, 01:09 PM

I just got 6CG the other day in a email used it today.
Old 06-13-07, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CmC918
I just got 6CG the other day in a email used it today.
What offer is that? I'm desperate for anything at this point to get a second account opened up. I don't care if it comes out to like $7-8 a title, it's still a good deal when they are 2-disc SE's that cost more than twice that somewhere else online...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.