Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

just signed up for the default enrollment and got instant approval.
Old 02-01-10, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thejester
Ok now - anyone see how to enter a code for the "TV on DVD" club? Clicking on the banner does nothing for me. And, I don't see a little box anywhere.

But, the default offer now is b2 for $20 & only have to buy 2 more. Not too bad - compared to the deals they had before.
The best thing about the new TV Club site is that they have just about every set available as enrollment selections. I can finally grab the last few Perry Mason sets that I've been aching for.
Old 02-01-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
How do you find the tv club?
There's no link to it on the newer CH website.
www.columbiahousetv.com
Old 02-01-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
just signed up for the default enrollment and got instant approval.
Not quite "instant approval" - it's still "provisional" according to the Account page.
Old 02-01-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by thejester
Not quite "instant approval" - it's still "provisional" according to the Account page.
yea but i think i could place an order if i wanted. it's odd, not sure exactly how it works yet.
Old 02-01-10, 11:22 AM

Any idea if you'll still be able to fulfill using $19.95 titles from the movie club? With the two sites somewhat separated now, I wonder how that will work. I like that all titles are open in the TV Club enrollment but if I have to spend $35 per set to fulfill, I won't like that so much.
Old 02-01-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inksketcher
Any idea if you'll still be able to fulfill using $19.95 titles from the movie club? With the two sites somewhat separated now, I wonder how that will work. I like that all titles are open in the TV Club enrollment but if I have to spend $35 per set to fulfill, I won't like that so much.
Rest easy-

Easy Membership
Just buy 2 more TV or movie titles in the next year at regular Club prices (currently as low as $19.95, plus shipping and processing). You may cancel anytime thereafter. Membership means you're eligible for private Club offerings and special sales!
Old 02-01-10, 01:31 PM

Let's hope so. I just signed up with Tour of Duty: The Complete Series. It retails for $121. If I get it for $9.95 I'll be quite excited. Now if they just continue with codes so I can fulfill with a B1G1 w/FS I'll be doing good.
Old 02-01-10, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
yea but i think i could place an order if i wanted. it's odd, not sure exactly how it works yet.
Only reason for me to do that (fulfill right away w/out codes) would be if I had 2 HIGH $ enrollment selections & wanted to "put my foot/money in the door".

Last edited by thejester; 02-01-10 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-05-10, 08:56 AM

I enrolled Monday and used Tour of Duty: The Complete Series as one of my enrollment titles. I was able to log into my account today and it shows that only my other selection, which was Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 3 Collection shipped. They still charged me the $19.90 so hopefully there will be a coupon for selecting another title. I'm tempted to refuse the package and forget the whole deal.

I guess it's my own fault for dreaming big and trying to get a series wirth $121.95 for under $10.
Old 02-05-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inksketcher
I enrolled Monday and used Tour of Duty: The Complete Series as one of my enrollment titles. I was able to log into my account today and it shows that only my other selection, which was Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Complete Book 3 Collection shipped. They still charged me the $19.90 so hopefully there will be a coupon for selecting another title. I'm tempted to refuse the package and forget the whole deal.

I guess it's my own fault for dreaming big and trying to get a series wirth $121.95 for under $10.
I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. If memory serves, CH has done this in the past. I seem to remember that they would only list the $9.95 title as shipped in a 7/2 enrollment application. However, when the package arrived, all 7 titles were included. My bet is that you'll get both sets.
Old 02-05-10, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I wouldn't hit the panic button just yet. If memory serves, CH has done this in the past. I seem to remember that they would only list the $9.95 title as shipped in a 7/2 enrollment application. However, when the package arrived, all 7 titles were included. My bet is that you'll get both sets.
I hope you're right. However, I just went to the enrollment site and tried to bring up the complete series. It doesn't show up anymore but the individual three seasons do.

I can always go for Witchblade: The Complete Series if there's a coupon included. I just don't want to end up paying $20 for one title.
Old 02-05-10, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope he's right too, since I ordered the same set.
Old 02-05-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 664 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Agreed. With every TVonDVD account I've had the title you paid for is listed in your order history on the site and shows as shipped while the "free" title doesn't show at all. It should be in the box.
Old 02-05-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Agreed. With every TVonDVD account I've had the title you paid for is listed in your order history on the site and shows as shipped while the "free" title doesn't show at all. It should be in the box.
Don't know about that. With no codes to enter, you had to take the default offer. I too enrolled on Monday & today I see that I have an acct # (finally). Thought I was going to have another app POOF into thin air.

Anyways, my order history shows both titles I ordered - $50-60 msrp titles - nothing too big since I kept having trouble getting a TV account in the first place. My 1st title has $19.90 next to it & the 2nd shows $0.00 - both show "order type" of "Enroll". Sorry to say, more than likely you'll be getting a rain check - very slim chance it's not showing for any other reason.
Old 02-05-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I have to agree with thejester. I also just got my account number and both of my enrollments are showing. Sorry for giving everyone false hope.
Old 02-06-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 664 Likes on 482 Posts

^Yes, and we're also going on past history which may no longer be applicable. Outward appearances are that it's a whole new ballgame at CH.
Old 02-10-10, 09:37 AM

If they don't give me Tour of Duty, is it worth contacting CH to argue the point? Do I have a leg to stand on since their site let me select it as an enrollment title? Thoughts?
Old 02-11-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

So enrollment codes are still MIA? I've been carrying my last accepted app for about 18 months now. I have the itch still, but I cannot fathom using the default deal on a new app (not interested in the TV club). I can live with the new site and other changes, especially if apps actually start going through, but I can't live with a horrible deal on DVDs.
Old 02-12-10, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I am not liking this. I joined the tv club and selected the Tour of Duty Complete Series along with another selection. I got the other selection today but no tour of duty. No letter of explanation and it is not showing in my account.
Old 02-12-10, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BKenn01
I am not liking this. I joined the tv club and selected the Tour of Duty Complete Series along with another selection. I got the other selection today but no tour of duty. No letter of explanation and it is not showing in my account.
I ordered the same thing almost 2 weeks ago, but have received nothing from CH, and signing in with the username and password I created does show an account, but I can't do anything with it and it still says "provisional" .

So I guess CH has not changed at all, just the face of the website, and no more codes. It was good while it lasted I suppose.
Old 02-13-10, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by BKenn01
Same here. I'm returning my other set and hoping it doesn't take several months to get CH to cancel this account. Sad to say it, but I think the deals from this club are long gone. Maybe Jester and others can get the code thing figured out but my gut tells me there isn't going to be any good deals to uncover anyway. $5 off $40? Come on, that's not a deal.

I think I'll go through my old receipts and remember the joy I felt when that B1G4 deal went through.
Old 02-13-10, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,808 Likes on 1,930 Posts

I have a feeling that Columbia is going to be going the way of the Columbia House CD Club and the BMG CD Club in the near future.
Old 02-20-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone know if the "print" addition that comes in magazines, etc. have a bill me option? I really want to get an account with that option.
Old 03-06-10, 12:32 PM

I'm pretty sure it does.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.