Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: CH Enrollment Codes Part II

^Which code are you using? I just tried with 29Y and it worked fine. Also using Firefox.
Old 11-14-09, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got in with a 27B. This is the first DVD club one I have done in a while. I currently have a TV one as well. Guess I got lucky.
Old 11-16-09, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Which code are you using? I just tried with 29Y and it worked fine. Also using Firefox.

It was doing that with several codes. But, I tried it on a different computer and it went through no problem.

Now to wait and see if it gets approved.
Old 11-16-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Sounds like a cookie problem. The best way is to clear out all cookies with "columbia" in them, close the browser, restart the browser, try again.
Old 11-25-09, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Answered from a stand-alone thread...

Originally Posted by DBurchHero
Is there any code I can put in where I dont need a credit card or check to open an account? Like the enrollment account?

I dont have a checking account, only a savings account, and no cred it card.. but I want columbia house bad

Thanks in advance
If there are any they *should* be in the first post of this thread. Otherwise I suggest you get a reloadable CC. You can get one just about anywhere.
Old 12-24-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hi, anybody got a good code that does not require a PSN and allows "Bill Me"?

Also, on the phone in apps, are they automated or do you talk to a CSR?
Old 12-24-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BKenn01
Hi, anybody got a good code that does not require a PSN and allows "Bill Me"?
I haven't been keeping track of which codes allow "bill me", so can't help you with that one.
Also, on the phone in apps, are they automated or do you talk to a CSR?
Phone in applications require calling the correct phone number and talking to a CSR. At last report, there were no good enrollment codes that still worked on the phone.
Old 12-27-09, 12:14 PM

Oh Carp, Thanks anyway, I guess I will have to go get a prepaid CC from Wally World today. I wanted to avoid it because it drives up the cost of the dvd average....
Old 12-27-09, 07:52 PM

27B doesn't require a PSN & has a "bill me" option -
Old 12-31-09, 10:49 PM

I'm a newbie. I have had previous account with Columbia House, none in the last year. I tried signing up with one of the enrollment codes to get 6 or 7 dvds (can't remember how many) and got a postcard from them saying that they no longer accept memberships with that promotion. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 01-01-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^Yes. It's not unusual. Quite a few of the codes in the first post here are no longer valid (it's been over 2 years since it was updated). Read back a few pages to get a short list of recently used/accepted codes... a couple are at the top of this page.
Old 01-05-10, 04:47 PM

Does anyone know of an active phone enrollment code that DOES require a PSN? If so, please share with the class. Thanks!
Old 01-07-10, 11:19 PM

Hi Guys, Im SHOCKED that this thread is STILL around. If any of you would type up a new opening post with new codes for me to edit the first post, please email it to me at [email protected] . Please email it as may forget to come back to check any responses.

I dont order DVD's anymore, the release of HD movies killed it for me
Old 01-08-10, 07:48 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by ITALIAN926
Hi Guys, Im SHOCKED that this thread is STILL around. If any of you would type up a new opening post with new codes for me to edit the first post, please email it to me at [email protected] . Please email it as may forget to come back to check any responses.

I dont order DVD's anymore, the release of HD movies killed it for me
Just subscribe to the thread.
Old 01-18-10, 01:49 PM

Does anyone know of an active phone enrollment code that DOES require a PSN? If so, please post it. Thanks.
Old 01-19-10, 05:22 PM

Maybe I'm jumping the gun here because I haven't received my order yet but my credit card has been charged for an enrollment package using the 27B code (and Firefox). It's not an authorization either, it's an actual charge. I signed up on 01-13-10 so I should know soon enough.

I tried using my old standby, 6ZX back in December and I received a postcard saying they weren't accepting memberships with that plan any longer. Here's hoping 27B works and that there is still a 7:2 code with some life left.
Old 01-20-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^There are still many 7:2 codes that are active, so far as I am aware. The problem with getting new memberships has little to do with which code is used, assuming it hasn't been pulled, like the 6ZX code you mention. It has to do with how many previous accounts one has had and whether the CSR who processes the application feels like approving it after looking at your account history.

It does appear that Columbia House is changing new account offers though. My two most recent "we want you back" e-mails were:

2EE
"6 DVDs for $1 with free shipping, buy one more for $9.95 and have just 2 more movies to buy." It is a 7:2 code with $1 enrollments, as opposed to the traditional 49¢ ones. Average DVD cost: $5.07, assuming one fulfills with $19.95 titles using B1G1F + free shipping.

2B9
"3 DVDs for $1 with free shipping, buy one more for $9.95 and have just 2 more movies to buy." A pathetic 4:2 code.

However, going back to June, I got:

2BX and 2BV
both standard 7:2 codes with 49¢ enrollments.

In May I got:

2BA
Also a standard 7:2 code with 49¢ enrollments

You could also try iterations of those codes (but be sure to delete cookies AND close your browser between attempts to test codes, otherwise you will just get the previous offer repeated). For example: 2BY is also a 7:2 code.

So, there are still some good codes around, as far as I can tell (assuming one wants DVDs, as opposed to BDs!).
Old 01-20-10, 05:25 PM

Lizard, how many accounts have you had? I'm curious to know what the average number of accounts per user is. It started getting difficult for me trying to remember the different user names and passwords so back in 2004 I started numbering my accounts. I just canceled #18 two weeks ago and I went through 7 or 8 more prior that weren't numbered. I've never had more than two at a time open at once and even then it was only a brief window before I canceled the fulfilled account.
Old 01-21-10, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bleeding Blue
Lizard, how many accounts have you had? I'm curious to know what the average number of accounts per user is. It started getting difficult for me trying to remember the different user names and passwords so back in 2004 I started numbering my accounts. I just canceled #18 two weeks ago and I went through 7 or 8 more prior that weren't numbered. I've never had more than two at a time open at once and even then it was only a brief window before I canceled the fulfilled account.
I've had 80+ accounts over the years, I don't know exactly. But only two in the past two years. Trying to figure out why Columbia House approves some applications and "loses" or denies others has been a mystery here for the better part of a decade. People tend to see patterns in Columbia House behavior where none exist, in my experience. But having more than two open accounts has sometimes led to a letter from CH asking why one wants more than two accounts. That suggests an informal limit on open accounts. If one gets applications lost repeatedly, just giving it a rest for a few months might help. But it probably comes down to which CSR one happens to get to review the application and whether he or she is in a hurry that day!

Like some others here, I just number my user names and use the same password, e-mail address, credit card, etc., so that I can keep track of accounts. So, it is "username1", "username2", and so forth. Makes keeping track of accounts a lot easier. I also track the account numbers, usernames and titles I ordered in a spreadsheet.
Old 01-24-10, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ronstone00
27B doesn't require a PSN & has a "bill me" option -
Thanks, I just got the "no longer accepting apps for this particular membership plan" post card on one of the other codes (dont remember which one). Just reapplied with this one, hopefully it will get thru this time.
Old 01-24-10, 07:36 PM

I just used 27B to sign up for an account and haven't heard anything. It's been a little more than a week, how long should I wait before trying to sign up again? I have had a few accounts in the past but this is my first in a while.
Old 02-01-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ok now - anyone see how to enter a code for the "TV on DVD" club? Clicking on the banner does nothing for me. And, I don't see a little box anywhere.

But, the default offer now is b2 for $20 & only have to buy 2 more. Not too bad - compared to the deals they had before.
Old 02-01-10, 08:38 AM

How do you even use a code for the regular DVD club? Did they finally do away with enrollment codes?
Old 02-01-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by inksketcher
How do you even use a code for the regular DVD club? Did they finally do away with enrollment codes?
Looks like they finally killed the deals.
Old 02-01-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

How do you find the tv club?
There's no link to it on the newer CH website.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.