Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Old 03-28-07, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know of the best online code that REQUIRES a credit card? I have lost so many apps online that I am just about to give up and stick with the worse, but effective phone deals.

Do we have any good codes that require a credit card (besides the standard 7/2 deals?

I have searched before posting.
Old 04-02-07, 12:16 AM

K7l

Looks like the K7l code is all but dead
(If not, please provide some type of alternative)

I received a letter statng that the code is no longer valid, as stated by a prev poster.

I tried to use the above code using several different methods. Reply back to my emails from CH...Where's my app, if lost here's a copy, etc..

No luck
Old 04-02-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^Yes, the K7* codes are no longer being approved for enrollment by Columbia House. The best codes are now the myriad 7:2 ones.
Old 04-02-07, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1KJ is my best friend. It did not require a PSN or my credit card info and I'm a new user. Had my approval within 24 hours.
Old 04-10-07, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not having much luck getting a second account open and considering a phone enrollment. Do you need to have all the selection #'s handy? Do you have to talk to a live person the whole time? Does it take forever and do you find out your approval status right then?
Old 04-10-07, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Not having much luck getting a second account open and considering a phone enrollment. Do you need to have all the selection #'s handy? Do you have to talk to a live person the whole time? Does it take forever and do you find out your approval status right then?
Yes (unless you are willing to risk winding up with full screen or otherwise incorrect versions)

Yes (much more productive than talking to a dead one)

No (about 10 minutes)

No (but if you use a credit card, you'll know your approval status within a week - sooner if accepted)
Old 04-11-07, 04:35 PM

Where do you put the code in for ch.com if there are any?
Old 04-11-07, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just a hunch since I haven't been approved for my ch.com account but I doubt there are any codes. I think their gimmick is the XX% off retail prices (60?) plus always free shipping and no director's selections...
Old 04-11-07, 04:53 PM

Ok thank you.
Old 04-12-07, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dane Marvin was correct, sale offer codes don't work for CH.com accounts. The theme with CH.com is simplicity: 40% (or more) off list price for all DVDs and free shipping on everything all the time.
Old 04-12-07, 10:29 AM

Does CH.com have sets available like columbia house does?
Old 04-12-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes. Some argue if you just want to buy one set it's better to buy from ch.com because there is no $6 or $7 shipping charge applied. However, that can be countered with this: you can use a B1G1 code when you buy a set at columbiahouse.com and get virtually any 1- or 2-disc set for free... which is valued at much more than the $6 or $7 you would have saved at ch.com on shipping.
Old 04-12-07, 02:01 PM

Yes but I have a hard time finding another dvd to go along with the box set that I want, about the only thing I am interested in with columbia house is the tv box sets, not the movies since I have most of the classics I want and there are very few newer ones that interest me, thats why I signed up for the disney club, because I love the disney classics and they have several that I want.

So what I want now is a way to get just the box sets without having to pay the high shipping cost. I applied for membership at CH.com but I don't know if I have been accepted or not.
Old 04-13-07, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Me too, still waiting to hear back. Although the $9.95 charge has been taken from my bank account as of today...
Old 04-13-07, 02:23 PM

Guess I'm in the same boat, there was the $9.95 charge when I first applied but it didn't stick, but today it is back again but I have not gotten an email yet so who knows.
Old 04-13-07, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
Yes but I have a hard time finding another dvd to go along with the box set that I want, about the only thing I am interested in with columbia house is the tv box sets, not the movies since I have most of the classics I want and there are very few newer ones that interest me, thats why I signed up for the disney club, because I love the disney classics and they have several that I want.

So what I want now is a way to get just the box sets without having to pay the high shipping cost. I applied for membership at CH.com but I don't know if I have been accepted or not.
Although the selection is limited, you could join the TV Edition club if there are any enrollment sets you want. Then you could fulfill with a set or two, depending on the prices. Using sets to fulfill a club membership is often cheaper than buying them at 40% off at CH.com. This is because a fulfillment credit has a value that is considerably greater than the maximum shipping charge of $7.99. Don't get hung up over shipping costs.

Here's an example of using a set as a fulfillment in the regular club:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=571

And here's an example of using sets as fulfillments in the TV Edition club:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=51

While I realize that you said that you aren't interested in regular DVDs, I just point you to those posts to get an idea of how fulfillment credit works when buying sets.

Sets that are "special" priced at less than $19.95 are the ones that are usually a better deal at CH.com rather than the regular club or the TV Edition club. But they may be cheaper elsewhere, such as at DDD during the semi-annual 20% off sale (next one is likely to be in June).
Old 04-14-07, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A tip for those having trouble getting an account (or a second account, as in my case) approved:

Try biting the bullet and buying the additional title for $9.95 (the non-commitment title). I finally got a second account approved today after doing so (used code EBP). I also chose to be billed at the time of enrollment. I had two rejections before that using other codes, selecting "bill me", and not selecting the optional $9.95 non-commitment title. CH won't turn money away. Glad I'm in (again)!
Old 04-15-07, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ We tend to see patterns in the behavior of Columbia House where none may exist. While it is possible that buying the eighth DVD for $9.95 might cause the CSR reviewing the application to approve it, there aren't enough data points to really make that determination.

A similar case is the notion of "lucky codes" that some seem to have. If someone applies with one code and the application is "lost" they will try again with a code that was successfully used by someone else even though it is likely that the previous application disappeared for reasons unrelated to the code used. While there is no reason not to do this, the assumption that it was the code at fault is probably not valid. (However, there might indeed be differences between applications that use codes that allow use of a credit card versus "bill me" codes, although we don't know that for sure.)

Newcomers to the business of rejected (one eventually gets a polite rejection letter) or "lost" (disappears without a trace, apparently because it was summarily deleted by a CSR) applications tend to feel that they are being picked on. Veterans realized that it happens to almost everyone eventually and the reasons why Columbia House does this are unclear.
Old 04-21-07, 02:48 PM

I am trying to get to the CH.com website but I keep getting my columbia house account, I have tried logging out and everything else I can think of, just how can I get to CH.com?
Old 04-21-07, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sandyk67
I am trying to get to the CH.com website but I keep getting my columbia house account, I have tried logging out and everything else I can think of, just how can I get to CH.com?
Clear your cookies and cache etc ... and go to http://www.columbiahouse.com/sa/190/...n=190&bak=NONE
and then register if you hadn't already by going "i'm a member but new to the site" and input your account # and your zipcode for the account which is your Temp password from ch.... and log in ...

that should do it then you can change your password and account name etc once in...

hope that helped
Old 04-21-07, 04:20 PM

Yes I'm in now but it was a bit confusing at first, thank you.
Old 04-25-07, 10:14 PM

Any current codes working?

I'm trying every code on this thread, and none of them seem to be working. Is there anything out there currently working for the 6:1 $9.95 for a 7th with 2 left to buy?
Old 04-26-07, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since I'm at work, I only had time to demo a couple, but they were working... 1KJ and EBP for instance. I guess keep trying! Not sure if it's case sensitive... I've always done all CAPS.
Old 04-26-07, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dane Marvin
Not sure if it's case sensitive... I've always done all CAPS.
The codes are not case sensitive(I'm lazy, I never use CAPS).
Old 04-26-07, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by thuer
I'm trying every code on this thread, and none of them seem to be working. Is there anything out there currently working for the 6:1 $9.95 for a 7th with 2 left to buy?
If you can't get the codes to register the correct deal, you may need to clear cookies first. Or, if you are logged in to an existing account, you need to log out before trying to input enrollment codes on the main columbiahouse.com page.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.