Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

CH Enrollment Codes Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-08, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the columbiahouse.com homepage, you should see a box for "ENTER SAVINGS CODE," right underneath "JOIN TODAY!" Currently, it's right above Russell Crowe's and Homer Simpson's heads.
Old 04-29-08, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by terminator911
Hello gentlemen,

First of all, just want to say that it's been close to 8 years since I've been active on DVDTalk.

So please, don't be too harsh on me

It's been the same amount of time since I last joined the CH DVD Club.

When I go to their website I see no other offer other than the standard one where you get 5 for $0.49 + Shipping & Processing with 5 to buy at full price.

How am I supposed to use the codes mentioned in this thread, at checkout perhaps? I see no way on their site to change from the default offer.
When you go to the columbiahouse.com page, there is a box in the center of the page that says "Enter Savings Code". Put the code there and hit the "Go" button. As an alternative, if you just hit the red "Join Now" button you should get a pop-up window in which you can enter the code or you can enter it in the "Do you have a savings code?" box underneath the enrollment shopping cart. Any of these methods will work fine.
Old 04-29-08, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by terminator911
Hello gentlemen,

First of all, just want to say that it's been close to 8 years since I've been active on DVDTalk.

So please, don't be too harsh on me

It's been the same amount of time since I last joined the CH DVD Club.

When I go to their website I see no other offer other than the standard one where you get 5 for $0.49 + Shipping & Processing with 5 to buy at full price.

How am I supposed to use the codes mentioned in this thread, at checkout perhaps? I see no way on their site to change from the default offer.
If you look at the banner at the top of the CH welcome page, there's a link marked Details. Click it, then on the next page scroll to the bottom where you will see a box. That is where you type in the discount code.
Old 04-30-08, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you gentlemen.
Old 05-01-08, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's what I get for code "B9V"

"The offer associated with the code you just entered is
Pick 1 DVDs for FREE each plus $1.99 shipping & processing.
"

That's it, I only get to pick 1 DVD and nothing more.

Is this right?

By the way, the ones on the first page work fine.

Last edited by terminator911; 05-01-08 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you read what's been written about it so far in this thread, then yeah, that's it. It's a new and unusal code, and only a couple people have reported using it so far. Get 1, buy 1 more, then get 5 more for free after that, right? You can read the details of the code by clicking on the banner at the top on the link where it says "details" and then reviewing the membership agreement at the bottom. The agreement does say you'll be charged shipping on your 5 free titles, but cccheel reported getting free shipping (maybe because he/she ordered using a free shipping code, or during a free shipping time, or because the agreement is worded incorrectly, or some other unknown reason).
Old 05-01-08, 07:25 AM
Cool New Member

I just e-mailed the 5 I wanted, instead of sending in the little cards. Thus far, no shipping charges. I am trying to open another account with B9V right now.
Old 05-05-08, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by cccheel
Looks like I won't be charged shipping afterall, at least by this e-mail. Haven't checked my account yet. If so, $26.70 for 8 DVDs (one HD), coming out to about $3.34/DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your e-mail message.

We are currently processing your order for the following selection(s).
Most orders are received within 1 week from the ship date. You can
always review the status of your order by visiting your Order History at
www.columbiahouse.com.

TITLE $PRICE $SH $TAX $TOTAL
===============================
AMAZING GRAC 06 .00 0.00 .00 .00
KINGDOM 2007 .00 0.00 .00 .00
REIGN OVER 07 .00 0.00 .00 .00
GREEN MILE SE .00 0.00 .00 .00
BOONDCK SAIN UR .00 0.00 .00 .00

If we may be of further service, please contact us at http://www.columbiahouse.com.

Sincerely,
Angelina Stone
Customer Service
Quick question, did you send this order through the "Contact Us" form on the website or use a direct email, and if the latter, what email addy did you use?

Thanks.
Old 05-05-08, 08:15 AM
Cool New Member

I e-mailed them using the "Contact Us" link, and I think I choose "Fulfillment" as the header.
Old 05-12-08, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pilot
actually it's buy 8 for .49 cents, plus shipping. take a 9th for 9.95 + shipping, only have to buy 2 more, and you can take a 10th for 9.95 + shipping, still only have to buy 2 more over the next two years.
Got this offer again today, code is B8W if anyone cares.
Old 05-12-08, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Cheato
If you read what's been written about it so far in this thread, then yeah, that's it. It's a new and unusal code, and only a couple people have reported using it so far. Get 1, buy 1 more, then get 5 more for free after that, right? You can read the details of the code by clicking on the banner at the top on the link where it says "details" and then reviewing the membership agreement at the bottom. The agreement does say you'll be charged shipping on your 5 free titles, but cccheel reported getting free shipping (maybe because he/she ordered using a free shipping code, or during a free shipping time, or because the agreement is worded incorrectly, or some other unknown reason).
I have an active account using this code. I've fulfilled the account but haven't claimed my 5 free titles yet. I wonder if they really have to be 'enrollment' titles or if I could ask for not-yet-available-for-enrollment like Cloverfield or the Golden Compass SE.
Old 05-12-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^They really have to be enrollment titles, although I suppose a CSR could make a mistake when you placed your order. I also have such an account, unfulfilled. I've been wondering if it is practical to have them send me the extra enrollments one or two at a time, when the time comes. I could just pick off "newly available" titles as they become eligible for enrollment.
Old 05-17-08, 12:58 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

What is the best codes to use with bill me later options?
Old 05-17-08, 03:31 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Claude24hrs
What is the best codes to use with bill me later options?
B9V (6:1 Code)
Old 05-17-08, 07:29 PM

When I try to make a new account and everything I dont see an area to add enrollment codes?
Old 05-17-08, 07:52 PM

New window pops up whenever you go to chdvd.com that says "Enter a Savings Code" or you can see the place where you enter the code under the shopping cart that says "Do you have a savings code?" . You can enter the code there too.
Old 05-17-08, 08:50 PM

Yea I dont have that... weird
Old 05-17-08, 11:48 PM
Cool New Member

Quick question, how long does the whole process take? I am new to this whole thing, and this is my first cycle, and here's what happened so far:

I signed up online using EBP on Wednesday, 5/14.
I got a confirmation letter saying they'll review my application will be reviewed and it will take one week.
On my CC, it has a temporary billing for two 12.xx from Columbia House.

I know it hasn't been a week, but I'm just impatient and I really want to know when everything will happen, sorry I'm new. =)
Old 05-17-08, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by y0girlg0tskillz
Quick question, how long does the whole process take? I am new to this whole thing, and this is my first cycle, and here's what happened so far:

I signed up online using EBP on Wednesday, 5/14.
I got a confirmation letter saying they'll review my application will be reviewed and it will take one week.
On my CC, it has a temporary billing for two 12.xx from Columbia House.

I know it hasn't been a week, but I'm just impatient and I really want to know when everything will happen, sorry I'm new. =)
If there is a charge to your CC, then you will probably receive the "welcome to the club" e-mail on Mon or Tues. You will then be able to log into your account and browse/shop. The email will contain your account # and you password will be your zipcode unless you change it. Enrollment package should arrive within a week.
Old 05-18-08, 12:01 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
If there is a charge to your CC, then you will probably receive the "welcome to the club" e-mail on Mon or Tues. You will then be able to log into your account and browse/shop. The email will contain your account # and you password will be your zipcode unless you change it. Enrollment package should arrive within a week.
Thanks! So the package should arrive sometime next week, then? And how does the whole two accounts thing work? Sorry for all my questions, SMART-ASS... lol.
Old 05-18-08, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watch your language, this is a family forum .
As a general rule, deducted by trial and error from the members of this forum, CH allows you to have two accounts open at one time for any given mailing address. No need for different credit cards or altering your address or anything like that.
Old 05-18-08, 12:20 AM
Cool New Member

Oh okay, and how is the whole cancel and re-enroll? Is it hard to do? Again, sorry for the questions.
Old 05-18-08, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You don't have to apologize for all the questions, but they should probably be in the questions thread, not here. Please keep your discussion in this thread limited to enrollment codes (success/failure at using them, new discoveries, new deals, problems, etc.).

In addition, your questions so far aren't new, so it would behoove you to read the existing threads of discussion before asking them, and use the forum search to find more info as you think of things, because you will undoubtedly have more and more questions, and these things have probably already been asked, answered, and discussed ad nauseum before.

There's no answer as to how hard it is to cycle accounts. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's difficult. It's probably in your best interest to always keep one account open, in case you can't get a new one opened. And before you ask (as has been asked many times), you can have 2 regular accounts, 2 TV club accounts and a CH.com account all at the same time.

Anybody have 2 ch.com accounts open simultaneously? I can't even get *one* opened. "Lost" applications every time.
Old 05-18-08, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by y0girlg0tskillz
Oh okay, and how is the whole cancel and re-enroll? Is it hard to do? Again, sorry for the questions.
Try reading the first post in the Questions about Columbia House? thread. It might answer some questions, including some you didn't know you had. Other questions are welcome in that thread.

As for how hard it is to cycle accounts, I agree with Cheato. Most of us have cycled accounts many times (I have had more than 75 accounts). But it is often difficult to get new accounts opened after you have opened and closed a few (first-timers rarely have difficulty).

If this happens to you — it will, eventually — you might want to try phone enrollments. Mail-in enrollments also work well, but one has to be lucky to receive an offer with the best deal (I got one yesterday that had a fairly poor deal).

As a newcomer, you won't need to worry about this stuff for awhile.
Old 05-18-08, 11:25 AM

I have a question. I just joined CH, but didn't know it took about a week for the membership to become active. I really wanted to get in on the HD DVD BOGO and I am afraid the BOGO may be done by the time my membership becomes active. Is there any way to speed up this process?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.