Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-10, 02:07 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Originally Posted by Gobear
After a long hiatus, I found that the revamped TV club allowed any set as an enrollment, so I decided to get the two Wild Wild West sets to complete my collection. I applied, and I was accepted instantly--no waiting.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I was afraid to say anything about mine. I got star trek voyager, seasons 1 and 2 as enrollment selections. I thought it was a mistake, but they allowed it.
Old 06-29-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Yes. It's SOP now. I've opened and fulfilled 2 accounts *before* I got the "welcome/enrollment" shipment. Because of the "almost any set" as an enrollment selection I've started cycling TVonDVD accounts like there's no tomorrow. So far I've almost completed "Star Trek: Voyager" and "Star Trek: Enterprise" this way, fulfilling with only sets, and paying an average of $18/set after fulfillment even with the initial enrollment being double the old HDL code.

If you're interested in the DVD club, that enrollment now works the same way... BUT... you'll need to visit the enrollment code thread to get the link for a old-style 7:2 account. Otherwise it's a 4/2 (I think... too lazy to double-check).
Old 06-29-10, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to clarify, not ANY set is available for enrollment.
There are lots of sets not available, but of course 99% of those are very high priced.
Old 06-29-10, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Or a British series... at least all the British/BBC ones I've looked up are "members only". But what's left is simply phenominal compared to the very limited lists of the past.
Old 06-29-10, 08:38 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

The only star trek I needed was Deep Space nine and oddly the site only had 2 seasons last I looked. I hope they get the other seasons one day.
Old 06-29-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Yes. It's SOP now. I've opened and fulfilled 2 accounts *before* I got the "welcome/enrollment" shipment. Because of the "almost any set" as an enrollment selection I've started cycling TVonDVD accounts like there's no tomorrow.
There were unbelievably good deals in April and May in the TV club. Obviously, the pity party in the sale codes thread hasn't visited the TV club.
Old 07-31-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else unable create a TV account? I make my selections, enter my name and address, and click Continue and I get a message that says "Thanks for your Interest" etc. I KNOW credit card info is required for TV accounts but I never get to the step to enter that info. I do not receive any email confirmation and when I return to the site my selections are still listed. I called customer service and they confirmed there's no account but they also refuse to honor the offer on the site. The best they will give me on the phone is 2 sets for 19.95 with free shipping but I'm required to buy 4 seletions in 2 years as opposed to 2 via the website.
Old 08-21-10, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwstl
Anyone else unable create a TV account? I make my selections, enter my name and address, and click Continue and I get a message that says "Thanks for your Interest" etc. I KNOW credit card info is required for TV accounts but I never get to the step to enter that info. I do not receive any email confirmation and when I return to the site my selections are still listed. I called customer service and they confirmed there's no account but they also refuse to honor the offer on the site. The best they will give me on the phone is 2 sets for 19.95 with free shipping but I'm required to buy 4 seletions in 2 years as opposed to 2 via the website.
I am having the same problem.I thought we were allowed to have 2 accounts?
I only have one and am having a hell of a time getting a second one open.
What number did you call?
Old 08-21-10, 07:56 PM
Suspended

Looks like one is allowed to have only 1 TV account now.
Old 08-21-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought that someone had posted links for "bill me" sign up on Tv and regular.
Old 08-21-10, 08:54 PM
Suspended

I have never heard of the bill me option for the TV club.
Old 09-15-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found a pretty good deal on my TV account yesterday. Andy Richter Controls the Universe: The Complete Series was included in the 60% off sets so it was priced at 17.18. I then applied the BOGO free code and the price didn't change. Even with shipping I ended up with this set and another DVD for just over $25.
Old 04-18-11, 10:00 AM

I'm having a similar problem. I make my selections, enter my name and address and click continue and it brings me back to the TV club home page. I don't currently have a TV club open. Any suggestions?
Old 04-18-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
I'm having a similar problem. I make my selections, enter my name and address and click continue and it brings me back to the TV club home page. I don't currently have a TV club open. Any suggestions?

I would give it a couple of days before trying again. I have an open TV account and the site is completely glitchy right now. My regular CH DVD account is working fine.
Old 04-18-11, 04:24 PM

Thanks. Will do.