Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TV Edition Club, Discussion thread

I applied on 1/14/2010 using HDL and I got a thanks for your app email right away. I had forgotten about it an assumed it was lost or rejected then yesterday I noticed a $9.98 charge (not a temp) on my cc from CH dated 2/6/2010. I haven't gotten a welcome email or package (not surprising considering all the snow) and was wondering if I should try and contact them? After all, I don't even have an account number.
Old 02-09-10, 11:43 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

What would you be calling for?
Old 02-09-10, 12:00 PM

Shouldn't I have gotten an email with account number and registration info? That's how the regular CH works and I thought that's how it worked the last time I had a TV account.
Old 02-09-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually don't get my welcome email until after I receive the package.
Old 02-09-10, 12:15 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Watson2
Shouldn't I have gotten an email with account number and registration info? That's how the regular CH works and I thought that's how it worked the last time I had a TV account.
You just got the charge 3 days ago. Wait 6-8 weeks before you even think about calling or writing.
Old 02-09-10, 12:15 PM

Thanks, I guess I'll wait it out. All this snow is probably going to delay my package a bit.
Old 02-09-10, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
You just got the charge 3 days ago. Wait 6-8 weeks before you even think about calling or writing.
I just don't want to miss responding to a Director Selection. But I will wait.

And so much for taking about a week to process the app.
Old 02-23-10, 08:25 AM

Is the HDL code still active? And if so, where do I input it? I have had a TV account before and used HDL, but I cannot find any place for the codes on their new site. Thanks!
Old 02-23-10, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueseraphtears
Is the HDL code still active? And if so, where do I input it? I have had a TV account before and used HDL, but I cannot find any place for the codes on their new site. Thanks!
You can no longer enter codes on the rebooted site. On the bright side, the commitment is still the same and you can practically take any TV set as an enrollment.
Old 02-24-10, 09:02 AM

Alright, Thanks.
Old 03-04-10, 03:16 PM

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Is the tv club still active? Every time I try to click on the link to the club, I just go to a log-in page as if I have a membership?
Old 03-04-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^The new site is columbiahousetv.com and the standard deal is two sets for $9.95 each ($19.90 total) with two fulfillments required. The old enrollment codes, such as HDL, no longer work. However, the number of available enrollment titles seems to have been increased, although some here have reported not getting the ones they ordered.
Old 03-10-10, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I fulfilled my TV Club account two days ago, but it looks like CH is screwing me over. I just got this email:
One of the books you ordered is out of stock

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your recent purchase. Unfortunately, the following title you ordered is temporarily out of stock. We are expecting a new supply in a few months, and your order will be shipped as soon as possible.

Boogie Nights

YES, the email really says BOOKS in both the subject and the body. The problem is, I need to fulfill by April 1st. So for it to be OOS for a few MONTHS (which is ridiculous), my account won't be credited with the fulfillment. I guess I have to cancel it and find something else. I really wanted that title, too. I'm kinda pissed...
Old 03-10-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I also got the backorder letter on Boogie Nights Blu-ray.
Old 03-11-10, 01:48 PM
Cool New Member

^ I ordered Full Metal Jacket Blu-ray with the Hurt Locker using a b1g1 code about a week and a half ago. FMJ says that it is backordered, however I've received HL and have only been charged $2.49 for the shipping. I didn't get a letter saying that it was out of stock and my account says that it is fulfilled even though I have not been charged for FMJ. Do you think I could cancel my account without being charged for FMJ? Has anyone ever tried this?
Old 03-26-10, 01:51 AM

I got a letter stating I need to fulfill by April 29 and I have yet to buy anything due to the lack of coupon codes. I have been trying for a whole day to fulfill my account with the current b1g1 dvd code, but the site does not even work! Anyone else having trouble with the tv edition site?
Old 03-26-10, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^The B1G1F code, 20100322DT1D, was slated to expire yesterday. There may be others in the coming weeks.

It really isn't clear yet whether or not codes are generally applicable to all accounts. It seems to be so, but others seem to have had trouble using them, as have you.

Given your short deadline, the next time you see a decent deal you should jump on it and hope that it works. You probably already know this, but if you don't order your fulfillments by the deadline, Columbia House will bill your account for the value of the fulfillments and give you vouchers for the DVDs. Not nearly as good as using a good sale offer.
Old 04-02-10, 01:08 AM
Cool New Member

Does the new website have any effect on fulfillments? IE can I still buy a couple blu-ray movies instead of sets and do the regular CH coupon codes usually work? I have never done the TV club. I was thinking about signing up and getting the two duckman sets for my enrollment titles. They are $54 for both on amazon and I have yet to really see them on sale. Just wondering if I can successfully fulfill and not eat up my ~$34 savings doing it.
Old 04-02-10, 02:41 AM
Cool New Member

^ Ya it works the same as the dvd club. You need to buy two movies at $19.95 or higher, however I've been buying blu-rays lower than $19.95 using a b1g1 to get $24.95 movies for free. For some reason that I haven't figured out these orders are counting as fulfillments. I've believe it's because the free movies are over $19.95. They may have fixed this glitch, because the last b1g1 I wasn't able to do this, but we will see when the next b1g1 deal comes along.
Old 04-02-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by thepenguin99
Does the new website have any effect on fulfillments? IE can I still buy a couple blu-ray movies instead of sets and do the regular CH coupon codes usually work? I have never done the TV club. I was thinking about signing up and getting the two duckman sets for my enrollment titles. They are $54 for both on amazon and I have yet to really see them on sale. Just wondering if I can successfully fulfill and not eat up my ~$34 savings doing it.
The *only* difference in the TV club is your enrollments are TV season sets instead of movies. As long as the selection is a movie or TV season and is $19.95 or higher it'll count as a fulfillment. There have been a few occasions since the change over where a lower priced BD title still counted. You can find some information on the titles that worked in the last few pages of the codes thread.

Codes are and were sometimes "iffy". That is, some codes only work on fulfilled accounts, some only work on the "movie" site, but these were fairly rare. We've not seen enough codes following the redesign to know if the old rules are still working or not. Trial and error is the rule of the day.
Old 04-02-10, 06:26 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the info guys. As it stands the TV site is the only one that interests me since I don't buy DVD movies anymore, just BD. May just sign up and see what happens, worst case scenario is I have to spend $40-50 to fullfill with 2 BDs and get nothing "extra".
Old 04-02-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thepenguin99
Thanks for the info guys. As it stands the TV site is the only one that interests me since I don't buy DVD movies anymore, just BD. May just sign up and see what happens, worst case scenario is I have to spend $40-50 to fullfill with 2 BDs and get nothing "extra".
You have to keep on the look-out for CH glitches. Last month, I was able to order a cheap Blu-ray with free shipping and used a BOGO code to get a high priced SD DVD(Criterion) for $1.99 shipping. The total was under $15 for both titles and the kicker was that CH considered it as counting as one fulfillment. I closed out a TV account for around $30 and got two Blu-rays and two DVDs.
Old 04-03-10, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
^The B1G1F code, 20100322DT1D, was slated to expire yesterday. There may be others in the coming weeks.

It really isn't clear yet whether or not codes are generally applicable to all accounts. It seems to be so, but others seem to have had trouble using them, as have you.

Given your short deadline, the next time you see a decent deal you should jump on it and hope that it works. You probably already know this, but if you don't order your fulfillments by the deadline, Columbia House will bill your account for the value of the fulfillments and give you vouchers for the DVDs. Not nearly as good as using a good sale offer.
Sorry, I haven't checked this site since I made that post. What I meant about it not working, is that the site itself isn't working for me. I log in and get an java error almost every single time. Sometimes I'm able to navigate around, but the error eventually stops me from doing anything. Even now I can't sign in to decline my director's selection. I have tried on 3 different computers and get the same error from each one of them.
Old 04-03-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

^I got the JAVA errors earlier today after attempting to use the email link to decline the director's selection. The selection is *not* showing up when I do a "normal" login and the link tells me there is no selection for which to respond. But, when using the link I get JAVA errors on almost every page. Try a direct login. The "direct" login just worked for me, but there's still no link to the director's selection for me (got the email yesterday).
Old 06-29-10, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

After a long hiatus, I found that the revamped TV club allowed any set as an enrollment, so I decided to get the two Wild Wild West sets to complete my collection. I applied, and I was accepted instantly--no waiting.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.