DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-16, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

Originally Posted by creekdipper
When did they quit offering free shipping when ordering the multi-deal on featured selections? Haven't ordered in a while (load up during the VIP 60% off sales, which is the current offer). But the $2 per item shipping price (with no maximum) really runs up the price. It makes the exclusives pretty much the only things worth buying.
The exclusives are the only reason I stay in the club. I just ordered a bunch with last last month's 50% and free shipping deal, which they don't seem to offer the free shipping as much. Maybe it just seems that way.
Old 08-18-16, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

They've been stingy with free shipping offers the past few months. Hopefully, another one comes up soon.
Old 09-02-16, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a bummer that they don't have Star Wars Rebels season 2. I was able to get the first season via DMC right when it came out for very little, but now they aren't offering either season. Wonder why... The only Stat Wars title they have is The Force Awakens.
Old 09-06-16, 08:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
The Rebels S1 set was only on the site for a 7-10 days as a preorder so you must have been one of the few that got it. Pretty much all the SW stuff disappeared suddenly without any warning. I lucked up by getting the Clone Wars S6 set as an enrollment title before than pulled it at the same time though that was the only other SW item until TFA was released.

Best current price on S2 I can find is $22 at BN.com with the current 40% off code. FS at $25 or membership or $3 shipping otherwise. S1 is $20 though obviously not as big a gap between prior prices

UK sets are a bit cheaper -- $17 and $25 shipped individually or 40 for both seasons together
I got Clone Wars S6 at the same time as Rebels S1 via the Club. Too bad I missed the BN sale - I'll have to keep an eye out for another deal.
Old 06-19-19, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
They've been stingy with free shipping offers the past few months. Hopefully, another one comes up soon.
I believe once you fulfill your purchase commitment you become vip and get free shipping on all orders? or maybe you have to call about that.
Old 06-19-19, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Random question y'all!

does anyone know if you can join the club with a p.o. box address?
Old 06-20-19, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by KarenOneil
Random question y'all!

does anyone know if you can join the club with a p.o. box address?

I had forgotten about the older threads. I think the latest thread is just named Disney Movie Club though rarely sees any posters -- I post every once in a while just to bump the thread -- https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/...-ray-club.html

By far the most thorough thread is over at Bluray.com -- very long thread, very complete FAQ and information/discussion. Most of the discussion is about Blurays and not DVD, but you there is a bit of crossover esp for those items
that don't have BD yet. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Yes you can join with a PO Box even though the T&C say you can't. You should also be able to use USPS street addressing for many Post Offices.

The newest Promo codes at very interesting and provide US customers with permanent Free Shipping on all orders.
The newest Bluray Exclusives finally released 20000 Leagues Under the Sea and In Search of the Castaways