Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Old 05-17-16, 03:29 PM   #1426
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: DMC account inquiries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickit30 View Post
I recently joined Disney movie club and still have not received anything. one moment it says processed and the next it says my order history is on hold. What does that mean exactly?
On Hold or Processing is usually the terms they use for all versions or Order Received, but Not Yet Shipped. I can't say why it switches back and forth, but that my be a cookie/cache thing.

Depending on how recently you joined -- if it's less than a week I wouldn't worry about it yet. It often takes 5-7 days to ship esp 1st time orders even if everything is immediately in stock.

If it's been more than 7 business days call or chat with them to make sure it's not a CC or address issue.
Old 08-18-16, 07:13 AM   #1427
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

When did they quit offering free shipping when ordering the multi-deal on featured selections? Haven't ordered in a while (load up during the VIP 60% off sales, which is the current offer). But the $2 per item shipping price (with no maximum) really runs up the price. It makes the exclusives pretty much the only things worth buying.
Old 08-18-16, 08:10 AM   #1428
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
When did they quit offering free shipping when ordering the multi-deal on featured selections? Haven't ordered in a while (load up during the VIP 60% off sales, which is the current offer). But the $2 per item shipping price (with no maximum) really runs up the price. It makes the exclusives pretty much the only things worth buying.
The exclusives are the only reason I stay in the club. I just ordered a bunch with last last month's 50% and free shipping deal, which they don't seem to offer the free shipping as much. Maybe it just seems that way.
Old 08-18-16, 05:23 PM   #1429
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They've been stingy with free shipping offers the past few months. Hopefully, another one comes up soon.
Old 08-18-16, 07:43 PM   #1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekdipper View Post
It's hit or miss, but there were 2 different versions of FS last cycle -- one with the B1G50% sale and another with the FT Triple Feature. It seems a bit less common to see with Preorders than it was through the spring, but it always seemed to be about 1/2 the months. Normally when the Double/Triple feature is $40+ it seems more predictable certainly
Old 09-02-16, 06:40 PM   #1431

It's a bummer that they don't have Star Wars Rebels season 2. I was able to get the first season via DMC right when it came out for very little, but now they aren't offering either season. Wonder why... The only Stat Wars title they have is The Force Awakens.
Old 09-04-16, 01:29 PM   #1432

The Rebels S1 set was only on the site for a 7-10 days as a preorder so you must have been one of the few that got it. Pretty much all the SW stuff disappeared suddenly without any warning. I lucked up by getting the Clone Wars S6 set as an enrollment title before than pulled it at the same time though that was the only other SW item until TFA was released.

Best current price on S2 I can find is $22 at BN.com with the current 40% off code. FS at $25 or membership or $3 shipping otherwise. S1 is $20 though obviously not as big a gap between prior prices

UK sets are a bit cheaper -- $17 and $25 shipped individually or 40 for both seasons together
Old 09-06-16, 08:05 PM   #1433

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The Rebels S1 set was only on the site for a 7-10 days as a preorder so you must have been one of the few that got it. Pretty much all the SW stuff disappeared suddenly without any warning. I lucked up by getting the Clone Wars S6 set as an enrollment title before than pulled it at the same time though that was the only other SW item until TFA was released.

Best current price on S2 I can find is $22 at BN.com with the current 40% off code. FS at $25 or membership or $3 shipping otherwise. S1 is $20 though obviously not as big a gap between prior prices

UK sets are a bit cheaper -- $17 and $25 shipped individually or 40 for both seasons together
I got Clone Wars S6 at the same time as Rebels S1 via the Club. Too bad I missed the BN sale - I'll have to keep an eye out for another deal.