DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Disney Movie Club part 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-10, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Club part 5

No need to "get stuck" with anything.
Any unwanted or unauthorized mailings can be marked RETURN TO SENDER and put it back in the mail.

Personally, I have never received a disc that I did not order, or a monthly selection that I declined, and I have been with the DMC for years.
Not to say that it doesn't happen to anyone else. Just glad it's not me. That would put me at the boiling point for sure.
Old 05-01-10, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by SMART-ASS
No need to "get stuck" with anything.
Any unwanted or unauthorized mailings can be marked RETURN TO SENDER and put it back in the mail.
True. But given the six to eight weeks for Disney to process the refund, we've done exactly what Disney hoped we would do: decided it was too long to wait, and just kept the unwanted title. Some we've kept; others have become birthday or Christmas gifts.
Old 05-02-10, 02:55 PM

I think I'll go with what BobO'Link said. But just in case, how do you go about ordering via mail? I know it says "Simply print out your online shopping cart with your title selection and total due and mail the printout to: DMC, PO Box 738 Neenah, WI 54957-0738 Please include the promotion code and full payment with your order.", but what steps am I supposed to go through online?

Also what are the normal Club prices of these movies? I'm trying to save as much as I can from the Club.

Spoiler:
Teacher's Pet
Hercules in Collectible DVD Tin
Gargoyles: The Complete First Season
Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1: We Live Again
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
The Emperor's New Groove: The New Groove Edition
DuckTales The Movie: Treasure Of The Lost Lamp
Marvel X-Men Volume 1
Marvel X-Men Volume 2
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Oliver And Company 20th Anniversary Edition
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas

Last edited by Briefcase; 05-02-10 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-02-10, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Briefcase
I think I'll go with what BobO'Link said. But just in case, how do you go about ordering via mail? I know it says "Simply print out your online shopping cart with your title selection and total due and mail the printout to: DMC, PO Box 738 Neenah, WI 54957-0738 Please include the promotion code and full payment with your order.", but what steps am I supposed to go through online?

Also what are the normal Club prices of these movies? I'm trying to save as much as I can from the Club.

Spoiler:
Teacher's Pet
Hercules in Collectible DVD Tin
Gargoyles: The Complete First Season
Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1: We Live Again
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
The Emperor's New Groove: The New Groove Edition
DuckTales The Movie: Treasure Of The Lost Lamp
Marvel X-Men Volume 1
Marvel X-Men Volume 2
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Oliver And Company 20th Anniversary Edition
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas
their prices are not that cheap and they get you with the shipping costs
DG
Old 05-02-10, 07:23 PM

To clarify, what I meant was, "What are the fulfillment prices of these movies, so I can lower the average price of the DVDs?"
Old 05-02-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 746 Likes on 370 Posts

Teacher's Pet = 19.95
Hercules in Collectible DVD Tin = 24.95
Gargoyles: The Complete First Season = 19.95
Gargoyles Season 2, Volume 1: We Live Again = 24.95
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame = 19.95
The Emperor's New Groove: The New Groove Edition = 19.95
DuckTales The Movie: Treasure Of The Lost Lamp = 19.95
Marvel X-Men Volume 1 = 17.95
Marvel X-Men Volume 2 = 17.95
Who Framed Roger Rabbit = 19.95
Oliver And Company 20th Anniversary Edition = 21.95
Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas = 19.95
Old 05-11-10, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Got a flyer with a Rewards item today and am debating whether to join.

The deal is 5 movies for $1, a sixth for $11.95, and a seventh for $8.95, all for no shipping.

If I'm reading it right, I'd only have to buy two more, which I figure runs ~$20 each plus shipping.

I figure that works out to $62 for 9 movies, plus shipping on the last two, which I can't imagine running more than $8 total. $7.78 a movie seems like a good deal to me.

Is the promo code they sent a good deal, or am I better off not joining? I've read stories of people not getting what they ordered, their credit card being charged for stuff they didn't want, and it being next to impossible to get credited back your money. These would be DVDs; there was nothing talking about Blu-Rays and it sounds like that end of the club is a major ripoff.

My plan would be sign up, use the promo, get the seven, then shortly after order my last two and cancel the membership. Would that work or would they try to keep me on the hook?
Old 05-11-10, 07:25 AM

If you really only have to buy 2 more, It's a great deal. And if you can wait around and see if you can get a free shipping deal (I thought they were all gone, but I got one earlier this year), you can make it even better. I've never had a problem with orders. Never recieved anything I didn't order or anything like that, and I've been a member off and on (cycling accounts) for the last 2 or 3 years.

You should have no problems with your plan though. They always cancel me right away when I request it, and ecourage me to join again, which I do.

Mind sharing the code (if it's not single use)?

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 05-11-10 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-11-10, 01:48 PM

If you have any concerns with your Disney Movie Club account, please contact me directly at 800-459-7002.
Thank you,
Member Advocate
Disney Movie Club
Old 05-17-10, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
Got a flyer with a Rewards item today and am debating whether to join.

The deal is 5 movies for $1, a sixth for $11.95, and a seventh for $8.95, all for no shipping.

If I'm reading it right, I'd only have to buy two more, which I figure runs ~$20 each plus shipping.

I figure that works out to $62 for 9 movies, plus shipping on the last two, which I can't imagine running more than $8 total. $7.78 a movie seems like a good deal to me.

Is the promo code they sent a good deal, or am I better off not joining? I've read stories of people not getting what they ordered, their credit card being charged for stuff they didn't want, and it being next to impossible to get credited back your money. These would be DVDs; there was nothing talking about Blu-Rays and it sounds like that end of the club is a major ripoff.

My plan would be sign up, use the promo, get the seven, then shortly after order my last two and cancel the membership. Would that work or would they try to keep me on the hook?
I feel you might have a little trouble finding two $20 titles to finish your obligation. A lot of the catalog DVD titles are under the magical 19.95 price point to count toward your obligation. The main selection will be at the proper price to count so if you wait long enough you should find 2 titles that you really want. I believe I had to buy 4 titles which ended up being tougher to do than I originally expected.
I've never been shipped a title that I didn't order, but I always turn down the main selection ASAP.
Old 06-02-10, 08:22 PM

This will probably sound dumb, but how do you remove the default discount? I went to the Other Offers page, but there were no banners [for other offers] showing up.
Old 06-03-10, 07:41 AM

This will probably sound dumb, but how do you remove the default discount? I went to the Other Offers page, but there were no banners [for other offers] showing up.
On my last account, there were 2 "Other offers" which were always there. "15% off your entire order" and "No offer used".

Since the last time I cycled (3 or 4 months ago) I've had nothing in other offers. Not sure why.

You could try emailing them to ask.

Or you could just place a phone order and ask them to remove the discount.
Old 06-09-10, 05:11 PM

I'm a new member of the Disney Movie Club. I'm interested in their best offers. Currently there is a 50% off offer with a full price purchase. Based on past experience, can anyone tell me if they ever have better offers and if they ever offer free shipping other then with the purchase of the monthly featured selection?
Old 06-09-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by haroldS
I'm a new member of the Disney Movie Club. I'm interested in their best offers. Currently there is a 50% off offer with a full price purchase. Based on past experience, can anyone tell me if they ever have better offers and if they ever offer free shipping other then with the purchase of the monthly featured selection?
Once or twice a year they may have free shipping, but not often.
For month-to-month deals, your current one is about as good as it gets.
Last time they had free shipping, I can't recall what the "deal" was.
I'm thinking maybe it was the same as what you have now, but with free s/h.
One knows if/when it could return.
Old 06-14-10, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

can someone pm the club price for Polly and Polly: Comin' home. It looks like they only way to get that movie is to join the disney club, get disney points, or get it off of ebay.
Old 06-14-10, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by hypeiv
can someone pm the club price for Polly and Polly: Comin' home. It looks like they only way to get that movie is to join the disney club, get disney points, or get it off of ebay.
19.95 Each, So if you joined with a 7:2 code, they would be ideal fulfillment titles, from a price perspective.
Old 06-14-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
19.95 Each, So if you joined with a 7:2 code, they would be ideal fulfillment titles, from a price perspective.
I think I am going to try promo code ------ after I entered that in it says 5 movies for $1 plus free shipping on initial order. I can add a 6th for $11.95 and 7th for 8.95. Will those two count for my fulfillment?

Also do these discs have disney movie reward codes in them?

Thanks for all the help!

edit
Nevermind I figured it out the 7:2 code 978283 appears to be working still. The other code I had had lower prices for the 6th and 7th but the 7th didn't count for fulfillment. So obviously I would be better off using this code

Last edited by hypeiv; 06-14-10 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-14-10, 01:24 PM

Also do these discs have disney movie reward codes in them?
If the titles are eligible, then they should. If they don't you can submit a missing code request on the DMR site (and you don't have to cut up your DVD boxart to do that anymore, you just send them a picture of the DVD alongside the reciept, and you write a code number that they give you on the reciept). I've submitted missing code request for titles I got thru DMC many times, and I always got the points, even if it was an enrollment title that the reciept shows I only paid $0.20 for.
Old 06-15-10, 09:48 AM

They've got a free shipping + 33% off deal now.
Old 06-15-10, 01:15 PM

They've got a free shipping + 33% off deal now.
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's time to fulfill.
Old 06-15-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's time to fulfill.
Sorry noob question again. If you get a discount does it still qualify for fulfillment? I created my account today and I won't be able to log in till I get the email. Just trying to figure out how to finish up the deal. Thanks
Old 06-15-10, 04:26 PM

Really? Does that amount to a better deal than B1G1F + shipping?
I forget off hand how much they charge for shipping.
They charge $3.95 for the first DVD and $1.49 per DVD after that. Just curious, when was the last B1G1 offer? Because, I'll wait depending on long ago it was.

If you get a discount does it still qualify for fulfillment?
Only the normal priced items count. (Although I heard from a friend that discounted items, as long as they were above $19.95, used to count.)
Old 06-15-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They charge $3.95 for the first DVD and $1.49 per DVD after that. Just curious, when was the last B1G1 offer? Because, I'll wait depending on long ago it was.
Well, my current account has a bogo on it right now. It's not a true BOGO though, it's a B1 at regular price, then every title after that is 50% off, then add shipping on top of that.

If others are seeing 33% off + free s/h, then I suppose that is what mine will change to soon.
After I did the math on both offers, it depends on how many you buy as to which of the two offers is best.

IE: Buying 4 $20 titles under the 33% off deal, would equate to appoximately $53. With the same 4 titles under the B1G50%off deal, it would be $58.50 approximately.

However, if buying 10 titles, it would $134 under the 33% off deal, but $127 under the B1G50%off deal.

Not a huge difference either way though, unless you are comparing buying 1 or 2 titles compared to buying like 25 titles.
Old 06-15-10, 08:26 PM

Really? Does that amount to a better deal than B1G1F + shipping?
I forget off hand how much they charge for shipping.
I've never seen a B1G1 offer from DMC, ever. Free shipping is really the best you can do to minimize your $ per disc.
Old 06-15-10, 08:30 PM

Sorry noob question again. If you get a discount does it still qualify for fulfillment? I created my account today and I won't be able to log in till I get the email. Just trying to figure out how to finish up the deal. Thanks
It used to be any title over 19.95 qualified as a fulfillment, even if it was discounted (even though their policy clearly states that discounted titles do not count), and that has always been my experience, though some people lately have been reporting that they placed discounted orders over 19.95 which did not qualify.

I always wait for a free shipping offer, and that is about the best you'll do with DMC. For this particular offer, I plan on placing 2 seperate orders, so that neither title is discounted but both get free shipping.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.