Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

A review of the offers at freedvds.com, etc.

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

A review of the offers at freedvds.com, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering about the sites that offer a free dvd or gift card when signing up(dealpass offers), as long as you are approved/send in the form while still a member. Is it usually possible for this to all go through smoothly during the 30 day trial, or do they kind of hold back the sending of the freebie to keep you a member past the trial. Just wondering if I should just go for the points and cancel right away or hold out for the free gift card/dvd. Thanks.

Last edited by msdmoney; 11-13-03 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-13-03, 05:42 PM

Did the AOL 45 day trial offer ask for a CC at the end of the process for anyone else? My WC wouldn't work on it either.
Old 11-13-03, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by msdmoney
I was wondering about the sites that offer a free dvd or gift card when signing up(dealpass offers), as long as you are approved/send in the form while still a member. Is it usually possible for this to all go through smoothly during the 30 day trial, or do they kind of hold back the sending of the freebie to keep you a member past the trial. Just wondering if I should just go for the points and cancel right away or hold out for the free gift card/dvd. Thanks.
I've only done two of these offers: Galleria and Valuemax. I received the gift cards for both around the 25th day of my free trial. What you need to do is immediately after signing up, log in to your account and request the gift card form. You'll get that in about a week. Fill it out and mail it back the next day (you don't have much room to fool around here). Your gift card will come in about 2 weeks. Cancel when you get the gift card or the day before your free trial runs out.

A word to the wise: have a good excuse when you call to cancel. The "I'm leaivng the country" one has worked fine for me and I haven't been hastled with it.
Old 11-13-03, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by kedalto1
Anyone have a Step-By-Step for the book club offers? Just want to know what I'm up against before I run through them...I've heard they're painless, and it looks like 700 easy points (350 each), so I just wanted to know how to run through them the besy way! Thanks much!
Don't count on getting any points at freedvd4me.com these days for the book club offers unless you plan on actually receiving the books. If you cancel right after joining, you won't get the points.

At freedvds, it's hit or miss. I'd sign up, opt for the "Bill Me" option (if they have one...if not, CC is ok too). After signing up, wait about 20 minutes and log in to your book club account. Go to "My account" and check your order history. You can cancel there. I'd also recommend changing your address as well as deleting your credit card from their database at this time. I wouldn't count on getting the points unless you forward your confirmation letter to freedvds.com...but even that isn't a gaurantee these days with the book clubs.
Old 11-13-03, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by m2bored
Hello,

I dont quite understand what is going on with freedvds.com...

When i click on an offer a page comes up for me to submit my email address.

I submit my email address and then nothing happens....I tried this with 3 different offers.

No emails received...nothing...
I've never seen this before but my guess is that it has to do with the security settings of your browser. Try lowering them (at least when you're working wtih freedvds). If that doesn't work, email freedvds.com at [email protected] They should be able to help.
Old 11-13-03, 06:29 PM

Originally posted by lxjenkins
I've never seen this before but my guess is that it has to do with the security settings of your browser. Try lowering them (at least when you're working wtih freedvds). If that doesn't work, email freedvds.com at [email protected] They should be able to help.
Thanks for the reply.

This is really odd...I tried it with 5 diff browsers and 3 diff operating systems...on two separate computers!!

I emailed cust support...maybe I should just make a new acct.

M2
Old 11-13-03, 07:10 PM

I signed up to Connections with my CC and got the instant points without a hitch, but I'm having trouble actually _locating_ their site to request an Amazon GC. Anyone actually get the GC from them know what the process is?
Old 11-13-03, 07:22 PM

I made a new account and everything is working fine now...

Did anyone else sign up for Galleria but not receive any sort of email confirmation?
(been about an hour now)...yeh im not too patient

Edit: although i did have the points credited already...weird

thanks,

M2
Old 11-13-03, 07:23 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by vinhj
Did the AOL 45 day trial offer ask for a CC at the end of the process for anyone else? My WC wouldn't work on it either.
Yeah I had to put a CC in, just used my Paypal Debit Card.
Old 11-13-03, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by vinhj
I signed up to Connections with my CC and got the instant points without a hitch, but I'm having trouble actually _locating_ their site to request an Amazon GC. Anyone actually get the GC from them know what the process is?
Just open your confirmation email, it'll give you a link to www.dealpass.com (all of those sites branch off of this one main site). Log in with your account number and chosen password.
Old 11-13-03, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by rvd1083
on the tv greats offer, do I only add one to my order? Also, can I sign up for ALL trimlife offers without a problem?
I only added one when I did the tv greats. Got the points no problem.

Yes, you can do all of the trimlifes.
Old 11-13-03, 11:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I wouldn't count on getting the points unless you forward your confirmation letter to freedvds.com...but even that isn't a gaurantee these days with the book clubs.
The Kid's Book Club still works. I signed up twice last night (2 different accounts) and I was credited immediately.
Old 11-14-03, 12:36 AM

I tried doing both Valuemax offers on Freedvds.com (Valuemax Shopping and Valuemax Saving), and couldn't get both to take. Only got credit on first one and no email confirmation on the second even though I have a print screen that I successfully signed up. weird. Anyone else have this problem??

xpfshost
Old 11-14-03, 03:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anybody ever sign up for the DirecTV offer on FreeDVD4me.com? I was thinking about making the switch and wanted to know if others had done this one and were happy with it. It seems comparable to other offers I have considered in the past. You get free installation, free system and only have to pay $9.95 for shipping. I figure with the extra receiver and the local channels I would pay about $45, which is maybe $2 or so more than my current basic cable, plus they are offering three months free of HBO. Seems like a good offer, just worried I am missing something.
Old 11-14-03, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by rvd1083
Am I missing something, I only see the credit card option and not a "bill me later".
Same here...I dont see a bill me later option
Old 11-14-03, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by m2bored
Same here...I dont see a bill me later option
Like I said earlier, the bill me option may or may not be there anymore...evidently it's not. Keep in mind, that your credit card WILL NOT be charged (other than a $1 pending charge associated wtih all offers that require a CC) if you cancel before your order ships. Just be sure to cancel within the hour.
Old 11-14-03, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just discovered this thread, and already it has gone to shit. Everyone here, reading this, should go find all their irrelevant posts in this thread, and DELETE THEM. This thread is already turning to a huge waste of time, like the mega thread before.

(What we may need is a moderator to go through this thread, and filter out all the junk. I'd be happy to try it.)
Old 11-14-03, 08:04 PM

I just completed the rough draft of the worksheet I talked about a few days ago. I'll be making a few more changes next week to it. Feel free to try it out. If you like it, use it. If you don't, you can edit it with Microsoft Word. Here's the link:

Free Worksheet

Enjoy.

xpfshost
Old 11-16-03, 08:09 AM
Cool New Member

GOTOMYPC at freevideogames.com

Well,

I just ponyed up the 19.95 for one month of service to get the instant 1600 points at Freevideogames,com. I did get the points instantly and I found a pretty cool site. Works like pcanywhere. You basically gat get into your home pc from anywhere. Great for any one who travels alot. I signed up for bill monthly at 19.95.

I believe its worth it for the money.

Linefinder
Old 11-18-03, 07:12 AM

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, or if it has has been discussed, but I thought I'd mention it. I had a problem with signing up with Matchmaker at both Freedvds and Freedvd4me. I did the FDs offer first, but I got 'Offer Taken' at FD4M. The trick is to clear the Metareward cookies, although clearing the Matchmaker cookies probably wouldn't hurt.

Also, I signed up for ShopWise at FDs for 20 points, but they credited me 200. You might want to give it a shot with an email that gets spammed to hell anyway.
Old 11-18-03, 07:44 AM

New Offers?

I was just wondering if Freedvd4me ever chages the offers for teh bonus dvds. I haven't seen any new offers on the bonus site in the past 3 weeks, and hae already done 8 of them. So far I have been credited for 7 of 8 offers relatively promptly. The only hold out being The CD TV greats which has been over a week with no pts yet :-(
Old 11-18-03, 10:17 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by evitagen
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, or if it has has been discussed, but I thought I'd mention it. I had a problem with signing up with Matchmaker at both Freedvds and Freedvd4me. I did the FDs offer first, but I got 'Offer Taken' at FD4M. The trick is to clear the Metareward cookies, although clearing the Matchmaker cookies probably wouldn't hurt.

Also, I signed up for ShopWise at FDs for 20 points, but they credited me 200. You might want to give it a shot with an email that gets spammed to hell anyway.
I have this problem with some other offer. I signed up for Psychic4Free at FreeDvd4me, and got the 'Offer Taken' at Freedvds. I delted all my cookies but still have that problem. Can I ask how you specifically delete the 'Metwareward cookies'?
Thanks
Old 11-18-03, 11:59 AM

Search for files called 'metareward' and delete all the files that come up. Then close your browser and start again.
Old 11-18-03, 03:23 PM

anyone figured out how to cancel at mp3stealth? thanks
Old 11-18-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got 2 things.

Anyone done the video professor offer and called to cancel the order before it ships. Just wondering if you can get this offer through without having to pay anything by cancelling before they ship it.

Also had trouble getting credited with the Good Cook instant points, anyone else have problems with this recently? Emailed with my order confirmation, I will update the outcome later.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.