The Columbia House DVD Club FAQ

DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

The Columbia House DVD Club FAQ

Old 05-11-01, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Stop!   Stop!   Stop!

Do not post to this thread!

Please post any comments, corrections, or questions to the DVD Clubs Forum.

This thread contains read-only information about the Columbia House DVD Club. Any questions regarding the club should be posted to a new thread (or search for an existing one) in the DVD Clubs Forum. Any posts made to this thread will be ignored.

Please read through this ENTIRE thread, particularly the FAQ, as it will most likely answer any questions you might have.

Useful threads:
CH DVD Club: TV Edition
A list of all offer codes
Better code thread
Complete list of CH DVDs (Data Miner)
NOT YET Available for Enrollment List (Part VIII)
Recently Available for Enrollment List (Rebirth)
Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

Last edited by namja; 07-20-06 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The contents of this thread are Copyright © 2000-2005 by the author of each respective post. All rights reserved. These works may not be reproduced, distributed, or sold for any purpose without the express written consent of the respective author. Commercial use is expressly forbidden.

Columbia House DVD Club

Table of Contents

1. Introduction and Enrollment Codes
  2. FAQs
  3. Maximizing Your Enrollment Selections
  4. Special Interest Genres
  5. DTS Titles

I. Introduction and Enrollment Codes

With the sparsity of good deals online, the Columbia House DVD Club has become a good source to get higher priced titles at a decent amount. To activate these deals, you must call Columbia House at 888-CHC-DVDS (888-242-3837) and sign up with a credit card. They are open 24 hours a day to take your orders. The catalog is available at columbiahouse.com and click on DVD Club. But, there are a few titles not online, so if you're looking for one, ask the Customer Service Representative (CSR) over the phone to search for you. Make sure when you call, say you want to join the club, and give the CSR the offer code "xxx". Mentioning the details of the offer won't work. If they ask you for a long number after they get the code, just say you don't have it or your friend told you about the offer. It's not necessary to join the club.

After you sign up, wait for your package, then call them back at 888-CHC-DVDS (888-242-3837), press "3" to speak to a CSR, tell them your account number, and ask to become a "Preferred Member" so you don't automatically receive the Director's Selection DVD every month. To cancel your account after you've fulfilled your enrollment agreement, simply call the 888 number and press "3" to speak to a CSR, and tell them you want to cancel. It is as simple as that.

Alternatively, when placing an order over the phone, *some* of the CSRs are able to give you your account number right away. It varies from CSR to CSR in most experiences. If they give it to you, you can wait 2-3 days, call up and order your remaining commitment, and then cancel your account without having to worry about being a preferred member and getting selections sent. Here is a list of preferential CSRs.

Note: The standard deal is 5 DVD's at $0.49 each, plus an optional 6th at $14.95 and 7th at $9.95 (Free shipping on intro titles). You are then required to purchase 4 more DVDs at $19.95 or more over the next 2 years. This is an average cost of $10.55 per DVD for 11 DVDs.

Last edited by TheBang; 12-15-04 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Better Code Thread may have more current news on the currently valid CH codes.

Current Columbia House Codes

Code Initial Purchase Optional Purchase Commitment
(after Optional Purchase)
Notes Total DVDs /
Avg. Cost per DVD
1X8 9 DVDs for $9.99 each none 0 (plus tax) 9 / $9.99
2S3 5 DVDs for $0.49 each 6th for $14.95 2 (plus s/h/t) 8 / $9.28
67P 5 DVDs for $0.49 each 6th for $14.95 2 (plus tax)
psn required!
8 / $7.79
BD2 5 DVDs for $0.49 each 6th for $9.95 2 (plus tax)
psn required!
8 / $7.16
DDK 5 DVDs for Free none 2 (plus s/h/t)
3 of the Free enrollments deferred until after commitment is fulfilled.
7 / $7.83
LMT 6 DVDs for $0.49 each 7th for $9.95 2 (plus tax)
psn required!
9 / $6.42
P7G 6 DVDs for $0.49 each 7th for $14.95 2 (plus tax) 9 / $6.97
TXG 5 DVDs for $24.95 total none 2 (plus tax)
psn required!
7 / $9.98

Last edited by TheBang; 06-05-05 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

II. FAQs

Sections
  1. Enrollment Codes and the Enrollment Process
  2. Enrollment Titles
  3. Rainchecks
  4. Fulfillment Titles
  5. Customer Service and Club Misc.
  6. Other and Links
  1. Enrollment Codes and the Enrollment Process

1. How does this Columbia House thing work?
      Please go back and read the Introduction above or the Newcomers Thread for a general overview of Columbia House.
    2. What is an Optional Purchase?
      Columbia House gives you the option of purchasing an additional title (usually for $14.95) at signup time. You can choose any enrollment title. It is highly recommended you make this optional purchase (using it to buy a more expensive title) because it reduces the number of fulfillment titles you must purchase later. If you skip the optional purchase, the deal is not as good because you will have to pay more for that title later to fulfill your membership. With some codes (example: E79) Columbia House may offer a second option title for $9.95. This title usually does not reduce your commitment, therefore you should not purchase it since it would increase the average cost of your membership.
    3. What is the best Savings Code to use?
      Currently (Mar 2004), the best code to use is 67P, if you have a PSN. If you do not have a PSN, try DDK or 2S3.
    4. How do I use these Savings Codes online?
      Go to www.columbiahouse.com, and click on "Join the DVD Club." Enter the code into the text box in the upper right corner that says "enter savings code". Now you'll be shopping with that code's offer.
      Savings Code
    5. Why don't any of the codes work online? Why does the website look different than normal?
      Is the address of the website go.columbiahouse.com? If so, you are at the wrong site. If the main www.columbiahouse.com website is down for any reason, they temporarily redirect you to go.columbiahouse.com, where the codes might not work and the selection's crappy. Come back later.
    6. What number do I call if I want to enroll over the phone?
      Use 1-888-CHC-DVDS. Although they are open 24 hours, orders placed with operators between 8 AM-5 PM EST seem to have fewer problems with entry and processing. You may also enroll by calling any customer service number.
    7. Which method is better/faster, calling in or joining online?
      All enrollments taken, whether by phone or website, are all processed by the same approval department. When you order online, you will usually get an e-mail confirmation and then an e-mail acceptance with your membership number. With online enrollment, you may also be able to order your fulfillment titles before receiving your enrollment package, if you so choose. Online memberships used to be shipped Priority Mail but that is no longer the case; both online and phone enrollments are now shipped Media Mail (1-4 weeks shipping time). In the case of phone enrollments, keeping track of when the charge hits your credit card will let you know that your membership has been approved and that your enrollment package is one its way.
    8. The CSR or website asks for a "Preferred Status Number" (PSN) with my code. What is that?
      Many of the better codes (such as 67P) require a PSN to use. A PSN is simply any previous Columbia House 11-digit membership number. Membership numbers from the Music, DVD, Video, or TV Greats Clubs will all work. If you do not have a previous membership, you should be able to bluff you way through a phone order. Oftentimes on the phone, a CSR will not ask for a PSN, or you can get away with telling them that you don't have one.
    9. How many times can I use a PSN? Can I use a membership number of a current account?
      A membership number may be used over and over again as a PSN. The membership number does not have to be from a cancelled account. It must simply exist.
    10. Are there more Savings Codes?
      Yes, there are. But the best ones are usually found in this FAQ or on first page of the DVD Clubs Forum.
    11. Do these codes expire?
      Yes. FVT, D7G, 47B, CYC, 7CY, 23E, and many others are officially dead. The codes seem to expire 9-12 months after they first appear. Some codes that do not require fulfillment titles tend to last only a few weeks before Columbia House kills them.
    12. Is this offer good outside the US?
      No. Canadians can use Columbia House Canada, but it has no codes or special offers. Other International residents may want to investigate mail services that give you a U.S. postal address which then forwards the mail to your foreign address.
    13. How long does it take for my order to ship? When do they charge my credit card?
      It usually takes about 1-2 weeks to approve your enrollment and ship it. If any of the titles you ordered are out of stock, your order may be delayed up to a month more. Your credit card is charged when your order ships.
    14. Can I pay with a check, rather than a credit card?
      Yes, you can. You must apply online, and when you check out, there will be an option to pay by check which will let you print out your order and mail it in.
    15. I just signed up online, but it didn't ask me for my credit card while checking out. Did I miss something?
      Some codes, for whatever reason, don't give you an option to enter your credit card information. For those orders, you will receive a bill when your enrollment shipment arrives. Or, you can log into your new account online, and choose the "Make a Payment" option in the "My Account" area.
    16. If I refer a friend to get 2 free DVDs, can my friend use the Savings Codes?
      The person signing up for the Columbia House DVD Clubs through refer-a-friend cannot use any savings codes. Your friend will be forced to accept the standard, crappy deal.
  2. Enrollment Titles

1. Which titles are available for enrollment?
      bga compiles a complete list of all titles on CH's website weekly. You can also go to the CH website, and click on "Join the DVD Club." From there, any titles you can find via Search or by browsing can be ordered for enrollment.
    2. How do I make the most of my deal? (or, Which enrollment titles should I buy?)
      The best value is to pick Deluxe, Collector's, or Special Editions for your enrollment selections (ie, titles with a MSRP of $30+). Section III has a complete list of these. Then purchase $19.95 titles to fulfill your membership. You can find the complete list of DVDs that Columbia House carries in the Updated list of CH DVDs (Data Miner) thread.
    3. I can't find Boogie Nights (or other titles) online! How do I order it for enrollment?
      A small number of valid enrollment titles are only available via a phone enrollment order. See the Phone-Order-Only Enrollments Thread for a complete listing.
    4. Are Box Sets available for enrollment?
      No. Generally, Box Sets (i.e. a set containing more than one movie title or multiple discs) are not available for enrollment.
    5. How many copies can I order of one title?
      You can order up to two copies of any enrollment selection.
    6. How can I see the prices that CH charges for the DVDs on their website?
      You cannot see the prices on the website until you become a member and use your membership number to create an online account on the website. Then you can sign on to the member site and see all the prices for the titles. Also, the spreadsheet from the Updated list of CH DVDs (Data Miner) thread contains the prices of all the DVDs that CH carries. You can find DVD MSRPs on DVD Talk Price Search.
    7. Will CH carry Title XYZ when it is released? Why doesn't CH carry Title XYZ?
      We don't know, really. We don't make the CH policies or negotiate their contracts. The titles they carry and don't carry often times seem to follow no rhyme or reason. However, there are a few rules of thumb you can use to make a better educated guess as to whether CH will carry a particular title or not. First, check the studio list below. If studio publishing the title is not listed there, then it probably won't be carried. Second, is the title well-known? CH tends not to carry obscure or lesser-known movies. If you were to pick 10 random strangers off the street and ask them if they had ever heard of your movie, how many would say yes? The more people that would know the movie, the better the chances are that CH will carry it. Finally, does it show up on CH website as an Advance Order? For many titles, CH lists them months in advance of their release date on the member website as an "Advance Order." But just because it's not listed as an Advance Order, doesn't mean they won't carry it. The majority of titles still just show up on the member site on their release date. If the release date has come and gone, and the title still doesn't show up on the member website, then CH most likely won't carry it. Occasionally, CH will add titles months after their release date, but it is rare.
    8. When will Title XYZ be available for enrollment?
      Artisan, Buena Vista, Columbia/Tri-Star, Dreamworks, Fox, Paramount catalog, Universal, and Warner Bros. titles usually become available for enrollment 3 months after their release dates. Anchor Bay, Lion's Gate/Trimark, New Line, and MGM titles usually become available after 2 months. Paramount new theatrical releases usually become available after 6 months. Titles from other studios will vary.
    9. I want Title XYZ: Super Special Ultimate Edition, but the picture on CH's website shows the old barebones edition. How can I get the right one?
      CH often reuses old images and doesn't update them for new editions or reissues of the same title. If the old edition is Out of Print (OOP), and there is only one current edition in print (for example, the movie rights changed studios), then CH only carries the current edition, and that's what you'll get, regardless of the image on the website. If there are two current editions of the movie (like a bare bones and an SE), it's usually indicated which is which in the title. If not, read the description or list of features to try to determine which one is the correct one you want.
    10. I checked my Account History online and for one of my titles it says "Has been dropped due to policy." What does that mean?
      "Has been dropped due to policy" simply means the title was out of stock, and instead of that title, you will be receiving a raincheck with your order.
    11. Can you tell me which titles are on backorder?
      No, titles go in and out of stock too frequently to maintain an accurate list.
    12. Which studios does Columbia House carry?
      A&E, AcornMedia, Anchor Bay, Artisan, BBC, BFS Video, Blue Underground, Columbia TriStar, DreamWorks, Fox Lorber (a few titles), Goldhill, Goodtimes, Hallmark, Image Entertainment (a few titles), Lion's Gate (some titles), MGM, New Line, Paramount, Rhino (a few titles), Royalty Inclusive, Slingshot, Sony Music, 20th Century Fox, Universal, Vidmark, Warner Bros., Warner Bros. Records, Wellspring, WinStar, Xenon.
    13. Where are the Disney Animation titles?
      Disney has begun their own Disney Movie Club, so CH does not offer these titles. (Disney Club thread)
    14. Where are the Criterion Collection titles?
      CH used to offer a few Criterion titles in 1999, but no longer carries any.
    15. Where are the Buena Vista (Dimension, Disney, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax, Touchstone) titles?
      CH apparently lost the right to carry Buena Vista titles in Jan. 2004. All BV titles were eventually removed from their website over the next few months as they sold off their remaining stock. It is unknown if they will reappear in the future.
    16. Where are the HBO titles?
      CH used to offer HBO titles until early 2003, when they lost the right to sell them.
    17. Where are Indiana Jones and Star Wars?
      CH apparently doesn't have the rights to sell any Lucasfilm titles.
    18. Does Columbia House have DTS DVDs?
      Yes, Section V has a (no longer maintained) list of DTS titles available through CH.
  3. Rainchecks

1. What is a raincheck? When would I get one?
      A raincheck can be redeemed for a free DVD title. You will receive a raincheck in your enrollment shipment if a title you select is temporarily out of stock OR if you try to select a title for enrollment which is not available as an enrollment selection (for example, a box set or a new release title or a title which is no longer available through the club).
    2. Which titles can I order with a raincheck?
      Ignore any wording on the raincheck. Rainchecks can ONLY be used to order any title which is currently available as an enrollment selection, period.
    3. How do I use a raincheck?
      You can either mail in the physical paper raincheck you received, or you can call in your order and redeem the raincheck with a CSR over the phone. You cannot currently redeem them online.
    4. Do I have to pay shipping when I use a raincheck?
      No. Your shipping on this raincheck was already prepaid by you during the enrollment process.
  4. Fulfillment Titles

1. Can I order my fulfillment titles while I'm signing up?
      No, when you enroll, your account does not yet exist. It must be approved first, which usually takes a week.
    2. I've ordered my fulfillment titles, but the website still says I have 2 more to buy!
      The website is not updated in real time. It can take up to 2 weeks for the changes to be reflected in your account status.
    3. What does "Sale Price" mean? What does "Bonus Price" mean?
      The Sale Price is the price you can buy a title for AFTER you purchase a title at regular price (unless otherwise specified by sale terms). The sale selection MUST be of equal or lesser value than the regular price selection. (Occasionally, CH will have a sale that does not require a regular price purchase first. Be sure to carefully read the Offer Details for each sale.)
      Bonus Price is worthless. Just ignore it. Really.
    4. Does the DVD that I buy at the Sale price count towards my fulfillment requirements?
      As long as the final price you actually, physically pay for the DVD before shipping and handling is $19.95 or more, then yes.
    5. What's the deal with the 10% online discount?
      Columbia House periodically offers an extra 10% off any online order. A notice is posted on the website when this discount is in effect. This extra 10% discount does NOT count against the price of a fulfillment. For example, if you order a $19.95 title, after the extra 10% off is applied, you would only pay $17.96 for it, but it will still count as a fulfillment. Phone Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) may also offer a 10% sale on your fulfillment order.
    6. I'm buying one title at $19.95, but I don't want to take a second title at sale price, cause then it won't count for fulfillment. What do I do?
      You can always order a title at its regular price. If you're on the phone, just tell the CSR you want to purchase it at regular price. If you're online, in the shopping cart, change the bullet option to regular price.
    7. Hey, I think I found a good deal with the current sale! If I buy Heat at regular price for $19.95, then can I take Boogie Nights (regularly $29.95) at its Sale Price of $19.95 and fulfill two commitment purchases?
      NO! The sale selection must be of equal or lesser value than your regular price selection. Since Boogie Nights is the most expensive title, you have to buy that at regular price of $29.95, and then you could buy Heat (the lesser value title) at its Sale Price of $9.95. Of course, then only Boogie Nights would count as a fulfillment.
    8. Do higher priced titles count as more than one fulfillment selection?
      If you pay $50 - $89.99 for a title (before shipping costs) it counts as two fulfillment purchases, $90 - $149.99 counts as three, $150 and over counts as four.
  5. Customer Service and Club Misc.

1. How do I contact Customer Service?
      Columbia House DVD Club
      1400 N. Fruitridge Ave.
      Terre Haute, IN 47811-1130
      Phone (pick any one): 1-888-CHC-DVDS option 3, 1-888-590-6656, 1-800-262-2001, 1-800-667-0364, 1-800-562-4046 (8 AM-10 PM EST M-F, 8 AM-4:30 PM EST Sat.)
      Fax: 1-800-590-6656
      E-mail: [email protected]
    2. I can't get a hold of Customer Service on the phone. It always kicks me out. What's the best way to get a live CSR?
      The phone numbers listed above are the only phone numbers available. They all ring in to the same customer service phone pool. If there is a high volume of calls (as is often the case), the system will kick you out, saying there are too many calls and to call back later. The easiest time to get through is at 8 AM EST when they first open. For the fastest way to get to the CSR queue when calling the Customer Service number, check out The Wolf Husky Phone Bypass v2.0 thread.
    3. How much does CH charge for shipping and handling?
      Enrollment titles cost $1.99 each for shipping. Fulfillment selections are $2.99 for the first title, and $1.99 for each additional title in the same order. Box sets are $5.99/3 disc set, $6.99/4, $7.99/5.
    4. How does Columbia House ship their DVDs?
      Enrollment orders and fulfillment orders ship via USPS Media Mail. You may request that your shipment be sent via Expedited Shipping for an extra $4.99 per order.
    5. How long does it take before I can use my new membership number to register for a Member Log In on the website?
      Usually about 2 weeks after your account is approved by CH.
    6. They sent me the wrong title or my DVD or case was damaged when I received it! How do I return it?
      Call customer service or in the "Club Help" section online choose "Request a Return Label" on the left side. CH is very good about returns. They will send you a postage paid return label and a form to fill out. It takes about 2 weeks for them to receive and process your return. Then another 1-2 weeks to send you your replacement (if necessary).
    7. How many accounts can I have at once?
      CH tracks simultaneous memberships by address. You are allowed to have TWO ACTIVE ACCOUNTS PER ADDRESS at any given time. You can use the exact same name, credit card, and address.
    8. How many times can I quit and re-join?
      Probably unlimited, as many people have had hundreds of accounts!
    9. How long do I have to wait before I can setup a new account after I fulfill and cancel my old membership?
      Just call right back, and you can rejoin with no wait.
    10. Can I cancel online?
      Yes. Simply log onto the website with your account, click "Club Help", and then click "Contact Us" on the left side. On this contact form there is an option for "Cancel Membership". You will receive e-mail confirmation of the cancellation in a few business days.
    11. Are these DVDs the same as the ones I buy in the store?
      Yes, exactly the same. You can even take them to the store, and they will scan in.
    12. Does Columbia House make any money off this?
      Columbia House makes money even if you sign up, get your fulfillment title, and then immediately close your account. Most people won't do this, and will just stick with the club, meaning even *greater* profits for them.
    13. Do I have to pay the sales tax CH charges me?
      Only if your state requires companies to collect Use Tax (the term for out-of-state mail order tax). Try searching your state's tax office website for your Use Tax laws. For example, Hawaii's Taxation Office publishes a brochure titled An Introduction to the Use Tax. Question 28 states that companies are not required to collect Use Tax. Thus, if CH ever charges me sales tax, I can point that out to the CSRs and get the charges refunded. Also, see the Columbia House State Sales Tax Thread.
    14. How did you figure out those averages for the codes? I get $X.XX per disc in my calculation.
      The calculation assumes no sales tax, that you purchase the Optional Selection(s), and that the fulfillment titles are ordered together ($2.99 shipping on first title, $1.99 for additional), with no additional discounts.

For example, in a 67P calculation:
      5 DVDs @ $0.49 each$2.45
      6th Optional @ $14.95$14.95
      Shipping/Handling (Free)$0.00
      7th and 8th Fulfillment @ $19.95 each$39.90
      Shipping/Handling ($2.99 + $1.99)$4.98
      Total = $62.28 / 8 = $7.79 per DVD
  6. Other and Links

1. What does anamorphic mean?
      Anamorphic means a title is optimized for 16:9 widescreen televisions. If you want more information, visit The Ultimate Guide to Anamorphic Widescreen DVD (for Dummies!)
    2. Does BMG run a DVD club?
      No, not yet.
    3. Can I use DVDs purchased from CH for Buy X, Get 1 Free offers from the studios?
      Possibly. Enrollment order invoices only list the selection numbers. If you include the invoice with print-outs from the website correlating selection number to title names, some people have reported success with this. Fulfillment order invoices have the names and prices of the titles ordered so they are no problem.
    4. What should I do if I see some jerk selling this information on eBay or Yahoo Auctions?
      Try your best to inform people this is free by giving them the link to DVD Talk. We don't need someone profiting off our hard work.
    5. Super special thanks to
      akolang, Ashirg, bga, bhamon, Booth, bradm20, burner77, cgblack, CheapBastid, cygnet74, D-Ball, DigitalDave, evenswr, FLFireman, Godot, jbarrett, jellofan, Jobronie, JonTurner, jough, lizard, Marc G, medman2000, Mr Pink, nemein, piLOt, rdodolak, RevLiver, RicoSuave, SAShepherd, Soup Nazi, strusinsk, TK-421, Tprints, V-ism, weargle, Will-Work-For-DVDs, and many other contributers.
    6. Where can I get more information?
      Go to the top of this thread and check out the links under Useful Threads.

Last edited by TheBang; 02-16-05 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

III. Maximizing Your Enrollment Selections

The purpose of this particular post is to help people choose enrollment DVDs that maximize their savings.
Internet Movie Database (IMDB) links are provided to facilitate researching these bargain movies.

<hr width="80%">

Enrollment Selections

The first step to maximizing the savings with a Columbia House membership is to pick high-value DVDs for your initial enrollment selections...

Available Enrollment DVDs (MSRP > $30) MSRP CH Code IMDB
Bridge on the River Kwai, The - Limited Edition $39.95 2519601 IMDB
Desperado / El Mariachi - Double Feature Special Edition $39.95 2224400 IMDB IMDB
Lawrence of Arabia - Limited Edition see note $39.95 2582708 IMDB
Pink Floyd: The Wall - Deluxe Edition $31.98 2425205 IMDB
Red Dragon - Director's Edition see note $34.98 2814028 IMDB
Saturday Night Live 25th Anniversary $34.99 2428803 IMDB
Stalingrad $34.98 2150407 IMDB

<hr width="80%">

These recent releases are not yet available as enrollment selections, but seem to meet the proper criteria for eventually becoming an enrollment selection. They should become available in the near future (within 3-6 months of release or first appearance on the CH website).

Not Yet Available for Enrollment (MSRP > $30) MSRP CH Code IMDB Approx. Appearance at CH

<hr width="80%">

Studios periodically announce price reductions on previously released DVDs. Columbia House still lists the old MSRPs for some of these discs. Some online stores are already using the lower MSRPs, while other stores are still using the older, higher MSRPs. The following list is for titles with recent price reductions which have caused them to fall off the high-priced list.

Price Reduced DVDs Old MSRP New MSRP CH Code IMDB
Apollo 13 - Collector's Edition $34.98 $19.98 1937200 IMDB
Beowulf (1999) $32.99 $19.99 2537603 IMDB
Blues Brothers, The - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2233203 IMDB
Blues Brothers 2000, The - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2233302 IMDB
Boxer, The - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2208809 IMDB
Cider House Rules, The - Collector's Series $32.99 $19.99 2512200 IMDB
Dante's Peak - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2177103 IMDB
Dante's Peak (DTS, no extras) $34.98 $14.98 2630705 IMDB
Daylight - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2201101 IMDB
Dragonheart - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2035301 IMDB
Father of the Bride II $32.99 $19.99 1935105 IMDB
Good Will Hunting - Collector's Series $32.99 $19.99 2515104 IMDB
Hamlet (2000, Ethan Hawke) $32.99 $19.99 2537207 IMDB
Il Postino (The Postman) - Collector's Series $32.99 $19.99 2451805 IMDB
Last Starfighter, The - Collector's Edition $34.98 $19.98 2346302 IMDB
Liar, Liar - Collector's Edition $34.98 $19.98 2411908 IMDB
Life of Python, The $39.95 $19.95 2640704 Amazon
Love's Labour's Lost $32.99 $19.99 2571602 IMDB
Mulholland Drive $32.98 $19.99 2703908 IMDB
Out of Sight - Collector's Edition $34.98 $14.98 2295400 IMDB
Princess Mononoke $32.99 $22.99 2531705 IMDB
Shakespeare in Love - Collector's Series $32.99 $19.99 2434801 IMDB
Straight Story, The $32.99 $19.99 2484103 IMDB
Street Fighter - Collector's Edition $34.98 $9.98 1364900 IMDB

<hr width="80%">

Fulfillment Selections

While the initial enrollment offers are excellent, the biggest catch with any Columbia House DVD membership is that afterwards you must buy one or more additional DVDs (at a cost of at least $19.95 each) to fulfill your membership obligation. Obviously, the lowest cost per DVD is obtained by spending the minimum ($19.95 plus S&H) on these membership fulfillment DVDs. While many people assume that this will limit them to choosing DVDs with a MSRP of $19.95, the fact is that Columbia House has quite a few DVDs with a MSRP of $25-$30 that have a regular membership price of just $19.95-21.95.

Last edited by TheBang; 02-29-04 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IV. Special Interest Genres

Here are available DVDs from some special interest genres:

One & Only Ch Foreign & Anime Dvd Thread

Anime Titles MSRP CH Code IMDB
Demon City Shinjuku $29.95 2025906 IMDB
Grave of the Fireflies $29.95 2256105 IMDB
Princess Mononoke $32.99 2531705 IMDB

IMAX Titles MSRP CH Code IMDB
Africa: The Serengeti $24.99 2354207 IMDB
Africa's Elephant Kingdom $19.98 2615805 IMDB
Alaska: Spirit of the Wild $24.99 2364800 IMDB
Antarctica $24.99 2354306 IMDB
Everest: Collector's Series $24.99 2325603 IMDB
Grand Canyon: The Hidden Secrets $24.99 2364909 IMDB
Hidden Hawaii $24.99 2354405 IMDB
T-REX - Back to the Cretaceous $19.98 2621506 IMDB
Thrill Ride: The Science of Fun $24.95 2452001 IMDB
Titanica $24.99 2234102 IMDB
Tropical Rainforest $24.99 2354504 IMDB
Whales: An Unforgettable Journey $24.99 2354603 IMDB
Yellowstone $24.99 2354702 IMDB

Alfred Hitchcock Titles MSRP CH Code IMDB
Birds, The - Collector's Edition $29.98 2463008 IMDB
Man Who Knew Too Much, The - Collector's Edition $29.98 0213207 IMDB
Marnie - Collector's Edition $29.98 2483907 IMDB
North By Northwest $19.98 0250902 IMDB
Notorious $14.98 0030403 IMDB
Paradine Case $14.98 0929208 IMDB
Psycho (1960) - Collector's Edition $29.98 2201309 IMDB
Rear Window - Collector's Edition $29.98 2561702 IMDB
Rebecca (1940) $14.98 0066407 IMDB
Saboteur - Collector's Edition $29.98 0213702 IMDB
Spellbound $14.98 0213702 IMDB
Strangers on a Train $19.98 2146900 IMDB
Vertigo - Collector's Edition $29.98 2054906 IMDB

Stanley Kubrick Titles MSRP CH Code IMDB
2001 - A Space Odyssey (remastered) see note $24.98 2637007 IMDB
Barry Lyndon (remastered) $24.98 2636900 IMDB
Clockwork Orange, A (remastered) $24.98 2637106 IMDB
Dr. Strangelove SE $19.95 2568400 IMDB
Eyes Wide Shut $24.98 2429603 IMDB
Full Metal Jacket (remastered) see note $24.98 2637205 IMDB
Lolita (remastered) $24.98 2637304 IMDB
Shining, The (remastered) $24.98 2637403 IMDB
Spartacus $19.98 0551002 IMDB

<hr width="80%">

The CH online listings for Jurassic Park are riddled with errors. Here are the definitive listings for all Jurassic Park titles carried by CH.
The Jurassic Park DTS currently carried by CH is the pressing with the corrected DTS track.

Jurassic Park Titles CH Code CH Price
Jurassic Park (DD, WS) 2513208 $26.95
Jurassic Park (DTS, WS) 2513604 $26.95
The Lost World (DD, WS) 2513307 $26.95
The Lost World (DTS, WS) 2513703 $26.95
Jurassic Park III (DD5.1/DTS, WS) 2652600 $26.95
Jurassic Park III (DD5.1/DTS, P&S) 2666600 $26.95
Not Available for Enrollment
Jurassic Park Collection (both movies) (DD, WS) 2513810 $40.46
Jurassic Park Collection (both movies) (DD, P&S) 2546513 $40.45
Jurassic Park Trilogy (DD, WS) 2666709 $60.75
The box sets are not available for enrollment, and their prices reflect the standard 25% off sale price for box sets (no regular price purchase required).

Last edited by TheBang; 08-20-05 at 03:04 AM.
Old 05-11-01, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

V. DTS Titles

The following titles contain DTS audio tracks, in addition to DD 2.0 tracks (as required by the DVD specification). Some discs also contain full DD 5.1 tracks, and are so noted.

Some recent titles include DTS-ES 6.1 audio tracks, which are backwards-compatible with DTS 5.1 decoders.

Because of the large number of DVD titles being released with DTS tracks these days, this list has ceased being actively maintained as of 12/31/02.

DTS DVDs Available for Enrollment MSRP CH Code Notes
102 Dalmatians (WS) $22.99 2591105 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, The $26.98 2551505 DD5.1/DTS
Almost Famous $19.99 2562304 DD5.1/DTS
American Beauty $19.99 2524700 DD5.1/DTS
American Outlaws $19.95 2655405 DD5.1/DTS
American Pie - Ultimate Edition (unrated) $29.98 2634806 DD5.1/DTS
American Pie 2 (unrated, WS) $19.98 2665107 DD5.1/DTS
A.I. - Artificial Intelligence (WS) $19.99 2670008 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Beastmaster, The $19.98 2668705 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Behind Enemy Lines $19.98 2703007 DD5.1/DTS
Best Man, The $14.98 2438208 DD5.1/DTS
Blade II - Platinum Series $26.95 2744100 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Bone Collector, The $19.98 2449700 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Bones - Platinum Series $19.95 2698405 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Bowfinger - Collector's Edition $14.98 2423903 DD5.1/DTS
Bring It On - Collector's Edition $19.98 2545101 DD5.1/DTS
Captain Corelli's Mandolin $26.98 2680205 DD5.1/DTS
Caveman's Valentine, The $19.98 2623403 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Chicken Run $19.99 2520708 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Contender, The $14.99 2556306 DD5.1/DTS
Courage Under Fire $19.98 2051506 DD5.1/DTS
Coyote Ugly $22.99 2557601 DD5.1/DTS
Crow, The - Collector's Series $29.99 2598704 DD5.1/DTS
Crow: Salvation, The - Collector's Series $29.99 2587707 DD5.1/DTS
Dancer in the Dark - Platinum Series $24.95 2561900 DD5.1/DTS
Dante's Peak $34.98 2630705
Die Hard - 5 Star Collection $29.98 2688000 DD5.1/DTS
Die Hard 2: Die Harder - Special Edition $26.98 2687903 DD5.1/DTS
Die Hard with a Vengeance - Special Edition $26.98 2688109 DD5.1/DTS
Dragonfly $26.98 2744001 DD5.1/DTS
Dragonheart $34.98 2511400
Dudley Do-Right $24.98 2424109 DD5.1/DTS
Dune, Director's Cut (2000) - Special Edition $26.95 2712719 DD5.1/DTS
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial - 20th Anniversary Edition (WS) $29.98 2750701 DD5.1/DTS
Family Man, The $26.98 2618007 DD5.1/DTS
Fast and the Furious, The $26.98 2665008 DD5.1/DTS
Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, The $24.98 2503803 DD5.1/DTS
From Hell - Limited Edition $29.98 2709509 DD5.1/DTS
Galaxy Quest $19.99 2520609
Gladiator $29.99 2520807 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Grinch - Collector's Edition (WS) $26.98 2642908 DD5.1/DTS
Hannibal - Special Edition $19.98 2659902 DD5.1/DTS
Haunting, The $24.99 2525202 DTS-ES 6.1
Hedwig and the Angry Inch - Platinum Series $24.95 2670107 DD5.1/DTS
Highlander - Special Edition $14.95 2719003 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Interview with a Vampire SE $24.98 2469906 DD5.1/DTS
James and the Giant Peach - Special Edition $22.99 2588101 DD5.1/DTS
Jaws $26.98 2505907
John Q - Infinifilm Edition $26.95 2712719 DD5.1/DTS
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat $24.98 2438307 DD5.1/DTS
Jurassic Park III (WS) $26.98 2652600 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
K-Pax - Collector's Edition $26.98 2684702 DD5.1/DTS
Last of the Mohicans, The $19.98 2692705 DD5.1/DTS
Legend - Ultimate Edition $24.98 2724417 DD5.1/DTS
Legend of Bagger Vance, The $26.99 2582906 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Lethal Weapon Director's Cut $19.98 2473601 DD5.1/DTS
Lethal Weapon 2 Director's Cut $19.98 2473700 DD5.1/DTS
Lethal Weapon 3 Director's Cut $19.98 2473809 DD5.1/DTS
Lost Souls $24.95 2560506 DD5.1/DTS
Lost World: Jurassic Park, The $26.98 2513703
Man on the Moon $19.98 2476505 DD5.1/DTS
Mask of Zorro - Special Edition $27.95 2520104 DD5.1/DTS
Meet Joe Black - Ultimate Edition $26.98 2618106 DD5.1/DTS
Meet the Parents (2000) - Collector's Edition $26.98 2577906 DD5.1/DTS
Men in Black $29.95 2509206
Mexican, The $26.99 2622801 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Moulin Rouge $29.98 2690501 DD5.1/DTS
Mulholland Drive $32.98 2703908 DD5.1/DTS
Musketeer, The $26.98 2684603 DD5.1/DTS
Nightmare Before Christmas, The - Special Edition $22.99 2540904 DD5.1/DTS
Notting Hill - Ultimate Edition $26.98 2618205 DD5.1/DTS
Nutty Professor 2 - The Klumps Uncensored $26.98 2583201 DD5.1/DTS
O Brother, Where Art Thou? $22.99 2617405 DD5.1/DTS
Panic Room - SuperBit $27.95 2743904 DD5.1/DTS
Patch Adams - Ultimate Edition $26.98 2618304 DD5.1/DTS
Pearl Harbor - 60th Anniversary Edition $29.99 2652303 DD5.1/DTS
Pitch Black (unrated) $26.98 2521805 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Planet of the Apes (2001) - Special Edition $19.98 2687101 DD5.1/DTS
Predator $19.98 0364901 DD5.1/DTS
Prince of Egypt $26.99 2520906
(Rambo) First Blood - Special Edition $19.95 2712107 DD5.1/DTS
Rambo: First Blood, Part II - Special Edition $19.95 2712206 DD5.1/DTS
Rambo III - Special Edition $19.95 2712305 DD5.1/DTS
Red Violin $24.98 2436301 DD5.1/DTS
Remember the Titans (WS) $29.95 2571701 DD5.1/DTS
Reservoir Dogs - 10th Anniversary Edition $26.98 2727402 DD5.1/DTS
Road to El Dorado, The $26.99 2553204 DD5.1/DTS
Road Trip (unrated) $26.99 2544807 DD5.1/DTS
Royal Tenenbaums, The - The Criterion Collection $29.99 2722916 DD5.1/DTS
Rush Hour 2 - Infinifilm Edition $26.98 2652501 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Saving Private Ryan $26.99 2511301
Se7en - Platinum Series $29.95 2436707 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
Shadow Of The Vampire $26.99 2596609 DD5.1/DTS
Shrek - Special Edition $26.99 2647600 DD5.1/DTS
Siege, The $19.98 2689800 DD5.1/DTS
Sixth Sense, The - Vista Series $29.99 2671006 DD5.1/DTS
Speed - Five Star Collection $26.98 2709707 DD5.1/DTS
Speed 2: Cruise Control $19.98 2709608 DD5.1/DTS
Spy Game $26.98 2694602 DD5.1/DTS
Story of Us, The $24.98 2445401 DD5.1/DTS
Teaching Mrs. Tingle $19.98 2433100 DD5.1/DTS
Thin Red Line, The $19.98 2690105 DD5.1/DTS
Time Machine, The (2002) $26.98 2724219 DD5.1/DTS
Titan A.E. - Special Edition $19.98 2693505 DD5.1/DTS
Twister SE $24.98 2470003 DD5.1/DTS
U-571 - Collector's Edition $26.98 2521904 DD5.1/DTS
Unbreakable - Vista Series $22.99 2617207 DD5.1 EX/DTS-ES 6.1
What Lies Beneath $26.99 2546307 DD5.1/DTS
X-Files, The: Fight the Future $29.98 2264802 DD5.1/DTS

Last edited by TheBang; 01-05-04 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-09-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Stop!   Stop!   Stop!

Do not post to this thread!

Please post any comments, corrections, or questions to the DVD Clubs Forum.

This thread contains read-only information about the Columbia House DVD Club. Any questions regarding the club should be posted to a new thread (or search for an existing one) in the DVD Clubs Forum. Any posts made to this thread will be ignored.

Please read through this ENTIRE thread, particularly the FAQ, as it will most likely answer any questions you might have.

Useful threads:
CH DVD Club: TV Edition
A list of all offer codes
Better code thread
Complete list of CH DVDs (Data Miner)
NOT YET Available for Enrollment List (Part VIII)
Recently Available for Enrollment List (Rebirth)
Columbia House Phone Number Live Person

Last edited by namja; 07-20-06 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-29-13, 05:05 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Columbia House DVD Club FAQ

Unstickied per Todd B.'s request.