DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

GoHastings Sale (Limited Time Only) - Check Verbiage For Details

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: GoHastings Sale (Limited Time Only) - Check Verbiage For Details

Here's a very interesting article about the history of Hastings Entertainment:

http://amarillo.com/news/latest-news...family-thinks?

I learned some new things. Who knew Hastings started the traditional Tuesday releases of media?
Old 07-13-16, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD-Obsession
Today is the last day (07/13/16) that GH will accept Refunds or Exchanges. They already proved to be unreliable and untrustworthy by cancelling orders that were purchased by their latest sale (2 new DVD's for $14). I will continue to post any new GH sales if they have any, but I can't risk buying movies from them until I find out what the final outcome will be. If they overcharge an order, or send the wrong movie or the case or movie is damaged, or you didn't receive your merchandise, but they charged you for it, they no longer will rectify the problem. Their e-mail message basically says all sales are final and as-is. I don't want to go through the hassle of calling my Credit Card company or Paypal to work out any problem. So, as they often say "Buyer Be Ware".
I gave up on them when they canceled 3 of my orders. No since taking any more chances with them. I'm just waiting to see how long it takes for the website to be shutdown.

I did receive my 1 order (2 dvd box sets) about 30 minutes ago by UPS from the 2 for $14 sale.
Old 07-14-16, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Hey! Hastings management!

If you're going so far as to have *this* at the bottom of *every page*:

Then maybe you need to *remove* this:

It seems to me that if you're not honoring returns, allowing refunds, or allowing exchanges and forcing customers to go through bankruptcy arbitration for satisfaction if there's a problem with a purchase then there's no longer *any* guarantee.
That's Great. You're right on. You should be a Lawyer with that logic. The honorable thing for them to have done was at least to allow all orders already entered to go through and to prevent any new ones.
Old 07-14-16, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yesterday saw the delivery of:

Star Trek: The Original Series - The Complete Series
I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (33PC)/(BOX) (This and ST:TOS in the same package - coming UPS)
Rebel: The Complete Series

All arrived in excellent condition with no floaters or other obvious issues. I was a bit concerned about ST and ILL as both were in a single bubble envelope mailer - I'd expected a box since they came UPS and are larger. ILL has a few "dings" on the box but nothing to be concerned with.

The last of my orders arrived at the USPS distribution center that serves my town this morning and should get to my house tomorrow:

The Carol Burnett Show: The Lost Episodes - Treasures from the Vault
Community: Season 6
Leave It to Beaver: Season Six
Old 07-14-16, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I read this morning that Hastings got a extra week to try and get more bidders for the properties. The "cutoff" date is now July 20th.

http://amarillo.com/news/latest-news...uction-july-20

Something I found *very* interesting in that article is:

Hastings gift cards account for roughly $25 million in unclaimed credit
That's with ~$130 million inventory. And *yesterday* was the last day to use those gift cards in spite of the 1 week extension. I can't help but wonder just how much of that ~$25 million was not redeemed.
Old 07-14-16, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Got the last item from my last order with them the other day. I have had no problems with them, other than items that meet every criteria to be included in a sale not being included in a sale for some reason. We can always pay with paypal and get out money back if the do flake out on orders moving forward.