Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Wire Complete Series $28.34 shipped at Deep Discount

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Wire Complete Series $28.34 shipped at Deep Discount

Congrats to those who got a coupon. Sounds like a smoking deal, if they honor it...
Old 11-22-13, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
This doesn't look good. I checked my order at DD and while the total of the order is there, none of the items in the order are listed.
I noticed, but I'm not too worried...yet. I mentioned it before, but my order history at DVD Planet still shows the Twilight Zone/Dick Van Dyke sets as not yet shipped and I've had them for a week or 2, it's obvious their system is messed up. My order history on DD.com actually shows 1 title and partially backordered because I had a pre-order (didn't realize it when I added it to my cart).
Old 11-22-13, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just checked my order and everything is listed as cancelled.

Hopefully I'll get the original $10 off coupon back(still haven't heard a peep from DD, not even an order confirmation e-mail).
Old 11-22-13, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's strange. No change in how mine is listed. I did get an order confirmation e-mail shortly after placing my order.
Old 11-22-13, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
This doesn't look good. I checked my order at DD and while the total of the order is there, none of the items in the order are listed.
I posted this over at the bluray forum but I too had this same occurence but one of my 9 items did ship late last night. Like yourself, this morning there were no items showing on my order status page but now it shows that item as shipped & the order status says "partially shipped". I'm going to hold off calling them for now & hope more shipping notices come over the weekend. I'll follow up if I get any more shipping notices.

BTW, my ENTIRE order total is pending on my bank statement today. If for some reason DD took it upon themselves to just ship one item from my order and are going to cancel the rest, they better charge me the correct amount. Also, it that is the case, I would have like to determine which item to have shipped. I'm holding off calling them as to not raise any alarms from this coupon "glitch".
Old 11-22-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ericmylad
I

BTW, my ENTIRE order total is pending on my bank statement today. If for some reason DD took it upon themselves to just ship one item from my order and are going to cancel the rest, they better charge me the correct amount. Also, it that is the case, I would have like to determine which item to have shipped. I'm holding off calling them as to not raise any alarms from this coupon "glitch".
My entire order is also listed as pending with this detail:
Because this is a pending transaction, the final amount may change.
The actual amount you spent will appear when it posts to your account within five (5) business days.
Old 11-23-13, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm out of town with limited internet access, but wanted to pop in to say I received a shipping confirmation email for my rather large order.
Old 11-23-13, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I just checked my order and everything is listed as cancelled.

Hopefully I'll get the original $10 off coupon back(still haven't heard a peep from DD, not even an order confirmation e-mail).
Yep. Hope they don't try to mess you over. DVDPlanet did that with me & $40 worth of Frequent Buyer Points a year ago...I placed four orders using FBQ on two of them. Guess which two got cancelled? That was the second time they did that to me (first time they reinstated the credit after I contacted them, but not the second time).

In a perfect world, they'd give you a $10 coupon for every item you ordered. But seriously, can understand why they'd cancel the orders...but they should give back the $10 coupon to use on a future (glitch-free) order. I think that's what will happen, so you should be good.
Old 11-23-13, 01:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
I'm out of town with limited internet access, but wanted to pop in to say I received a shipping confirmation email for my rather large order.
You have obviously been a good boy this year.
Old 11-23-13, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by creekdipper
You have obviously been a good boy this year.
So, what you are saying is that I've been naughty?
Old 11-23-13, 11:18 AM

OMG! After I saw your post I checked my e-mail and my order shipped too !

The Grapes of Wraith in blu among other items for 71 cents.

Thank you Cardsfan111 for posting the info about the coupon taking $10 off each item and to jiggyblau for posting the original The Wire deal.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-25-13 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-23-13, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It would seem that I'm the only asshole that had his order canceled. I'm happy for the rest of you, but I wonder why my order was canceled. I'll wait until next week to inquire as to not to ruin the chances for those who are still waiting for their orders to ship.
Old 11-23-13, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

you guys suck. I'm still waiting for the friggin' TZ deal to ship.

I'm jealous.
Old 11-23-13, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So jealous of those coupon codes....lol
Old 11-23-13, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm still completely stunned at this. I'm not counting chickens yet, but I've got a UPS tracking number and everything. The charge still shows as "pending" on my credit card. I'm truly sorry about the envy this has caused for others, and that stinks for SBJ who had a code and had the order cancelled.

I'm usually on the outside looking in when it comes to something like this--think the last time was when there was a couple of hour window in the middle of the night when Amazon had a bunch of BDs for a $1. I'm normally a night owl, but it was a rare night that I turned in early and missed it.
Old 11-25-13, 07:14 AM

I'm still completely stunned at this. I'm not counting chickens yet, but I've got a UPS tracking number and everything. The charge still shows as "pending" on my credit card. I'm truly sorry about the envy this has caused for others, and that stinks for SBJ who had a code and had the order cancelled.
I
I have an actual charge on my credit card and my package has arrived at DHL in Compton Ca. As this is very slow mail and I am on the east coast I will hopefully have the package by the end of the year. So it really looks like this is happening. Thanks again.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-25-13 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-25-13, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You might recall, I was sent 2 of these $10 codes from 2 different orders placed. I was curious, so I tried to play around with the 2nd code. It wasn't working for me, giving me a message that it had already been used. I then created a new account, and the code did work...and worked as it is supposed to, giving a single $10 discount.