Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

50% Coupon Code at foxconnect.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-13, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 655 Likes on 477 Posts
Re: 50% Coupon Code at foxconnect.com

I got everything in my order *except* the Fox Horror Classics Collection (V1) today. I never received a shipping notice. The order status shows "Processing" and in the details indicates all have been shipped except the missing title which simply shows "ordered". I've been billed for the entire order (full total shows to have been processed on my CC) so I hope it ships soon.
Old 11-16-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I got everything in my order *except* the Fox Horror Classics Collection (V1) today. I never received a shipping notice. The order status shows "Processing" and in the details indicates all have been shipped except the missing title which simply shows "ordered". I've been billed for the entire order (full total shows to have been processed on my CC) so I hope it ships soon.
I didn't notice it until you brought it up, but I have the identical issue. There "contact us" form is broken, so I just sent them an email. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 11-16-13, 06:16 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still havn't received SH*T!!!
Old 11-16-13, 01:00 PM

I placed an order a week ago today, and just received my shipping notice. Everything is marked as shipped, including Fox Horror Classics V1. (I already owned V2 and am saddened there was never a V3). I really liked this sale and would have bought more under different circumstances. Hopefully we'll see it again soon.
Old 11-16-13, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered last Sat., no shipping email notice, no change to order status: Processing.
Old 11-16-13, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by triste realtà
Ordered last Sat., no shipping email notice, no change to order status: Processing.
I know your pain/frustration. This Co. is worse than WBSHOP.com and I never thought I would say that!!! These folks SUCK IMO!!!
Old 11-16-13, 04:52 PM

Well I do have quite a few unwatched so I am not too anxious to get these. Just yesterday I got my site-to-store Mill Creek Vampire/Frankenstein/Sardonicus/Satan 4 pack from Walmart (just $4.55!). Still I was hoping for some crappy SD Amityville not3D featuring a hot, drowned, ghost Lori Loughlin today.

Either they got slammed with this sale and are struggling to fill the orders or they are as uncoordinated as many of the direct stores or both.

EDIT: They didn't charge me yet either. Looks like I won't get this for a while if at all.

Last edited by triste realtà; 11-16-13 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-16-13, 11:24 PM

Still haven't had my charge yet but got a shipping notice for american dad volume 8 today
Old 11-17-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I didn't get a personal response, I just got an email with tracking that Fox Horror #1 has shipped.
Old 11-17-13, 12:35 AM

Got the email 19 minutes ago. UPS tracking doesn't recognize the number so far.

From reading the posts in the bluray forum should be here by mid week.
Old 11-17-13, 07:48 AM
Banned

Got an email with my 3 orders finally that they shipped ...BUT all the items I ordered are NOT listed in the emails and the order numbers are different from the original orders I placed!!! Do these AHOLES really know what they are doing???? Anyone else notice that in their shipment confirmations that the order #'s are different??? WTF is going on here??????
Thanks-
Old 11-17-13, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
While I didn't get a personal response, I just got an email with tracking that Fox Horror #1 has shipped.
While I've not received a shipping notice, my order information on the site now shows Fox Horror #1 has shipped! Since the last order came UPS I'm expecting this one by the end of the week.

While it *would* be nice if they kept you up to date with order status information I don't think it's the SNAFU others imply. I'm very happy with the prices, selection, and packaging. If they do this again before Christmas I'm pretty sure I'll take advantage of the offer.
Old 11-17-13, 10:50 AM

Re: 50% Coupon Code at foxconnect.com--Not really!

My big gripe with with company is that I was not able to even order with the code! I had placed the order, used the code, and initially received the discount. By the time I could get the payment info in, it timed out, so I tried again. Now, it would NOT take the code, claiming it was already used once. I contacted them and received no response. This is one site to avoid!!!!
Old 11-17-13, 02:12 PM
Banned

This is one site to avoid!!!!
Damn STRAIGHT!!!
Old 11-17-13, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

As this is one of the few or perhaps only sites that allows a 50% off coupon to work on preorders, I was very happy to take advantage of this sale. That was 50% off their already discounted price. The site was very slow and it was difficult to find what you were looking for. I guess it depends how much frustration you are willing to put up with in order to get a good deal. As has been previously stated if you got a message saying the coupon was used when you didn't complete an order, it was possible to just create a new e-mail address or use another existing e-mail address in order to use the coupon. If you think that is too much of a hassle that is your choice and perhaps more than you are willing to do to get a DVD at a good price.
Old 11-17-13, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds to me like the site is poorly engineered & some of us were luckier than others.

On the other side, I ran into problems with the DVD Planet Thriller box set sale & was unable to complete my order. After 5 tries (I'm not exaggerating), I was able to order Die Nibelungen from them this past week, but it's now on backorder & I have been billed.
Old 11-17-13, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by ReelFlick
My big gripe with with company is that I was not able to even order with the code! I had placed the order, used the code, and initially received the discount. By the time I could get the payment info in, it timed out, so I tried again. Now, it would NOT take the code, claiming it was already used once. I contacted them and received no response. This is one site to avoid!!!!
This was addressed. If you are interrupted during checkout, somehow the codes is mark as being used. The simple solution: Make another account. I now have 6 or 7

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
While I've not received a shipping notice, my order information on the site now shows Fox Horror #1 has shipped! Since the last order came UPS I'm expecting this one by the end of the week.

While it *would* be nice if they kept you up to date with order status information I don't think it's the SNAFU others imply. I'm very happy with the prices, selection, and packaging. If they do this again before Christmas I'm pretty sure I'll take advantage of the offer.
Sheeesh people, chill (not you BOL). Maybe I'm just not as anxious about getting stuff immediately, but stuff will come. I've had great experiences with this company and the problem I had a couple of BF's ago was resolved most favorably. I guess I just don't micromanage my orders and try to give the retailer enough time to reasonably get my order out. Try a little patience people.
Old 11-18-13, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Received my order today. One of the DVDs I ordered came crushed. Damn Eco-Cases.
Old 11-19-13, 11:27 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Save $30 on $100 or more purchase . Code STOCKUP. After the 50% off coupon I can skip this one. Excludes Lucas Films, Dreamworks Animation, and select other titles. Boy did they write that in small type on the e-mail I received.

Last edited by Classic Films; 11-19-13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-19-13, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Box 1 of 3 arrived in perfect condition. 2 & 3 are supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Old 11-20-13, 04:45 PM

Anybody want to detail damage and actions taken if any?

Amityville box: looks perfect, no floaters
Howling I/II: looks like someone played football with it, near puncture in back in 2 places, small rips in cover but not in cellophane
MM Dracula/Vampire: perfect
MM Chosen Survivors/Earth: possible floaters, are these 2 discs with a middle holder? all my other MMs are flippers, fingernail imprint and various scuffs
MM Gorilla/Monster Island: ditto, less scuffing
MM Devils/Witchcraft: outside perfect, definite floaters, sounds like both of them are wildly flopping around inside, I can wax off scratches but cracks in the plastic would make the disc useless

(I just got 2 4-movie MM packs from another seller on Alibris which had a bust on the bottom corner of the case. The way these are made, the center holder flops around on the top of the bottom disc and that disc becomes very scuffed on the outer edges of its flipside. I waxed it but it still started skipping near the end of the movie (more waxing followed). Point being: I wonder if MGM disc factory is sloppy/to blame. All discs say Made in Canada. Crackhead factory?)

The prices were good but this is the most scuffed up order I have received. I've had mail damage before but this looks like warehouse football with dvds.
Old 11-20-13, 07:11 PM

^^^
Received one MM that was a floater, otherwise perfect.

Love the packaging on the Fox Horror Classics sets. Wish everyone would package move collections, each in their own slimcase, housed in a slipcase. Each movie gets its own art and it saves space on the shelf. Perfect.
Old 11-20-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order was perfect. The first Horror Classic set arrived today (USPS). I'll second what That'sAllFolks said about the package on those two sets. Digipaks should be outlawed.
Old 11-20-13, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Got the rest today. All good.
Old 11-20-13, 10:58 PM

My order arrived today (the two Mr. Moto sets, Fox Horror #1, and Gorilla At Large) and everything is nearly flawless. Sorry to hear that some of you received damaged/crushed/scuffed items. The only merchant I've bought from with regular damage issues is J&R. I've gotten several orders from them where one or more keep cases were crushed and splintering. The NYC postal system must be rough!

Concerning Fox Horror #1...I assume everybody found two art cards packaged with each film? I skimmed the various packaging but didn't find any reference to this. My set #2 (bought a year or two ago) didn't include any cards, but I assume this was by design?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.