WBshop DVD sale (mostly $3.59)

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

WBshop DVD sale (mostly $3.59)

Old 10-24-13, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 122 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: WBshop DVD sale (mostly $3.59)

Originally Posted by Gobear
This sale is definitely the last gasp of catalog DVDs from Warner; everything is going to dumped into the Archive from now on or sold at the TCM shop for a ridiculous markup AKA TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection.
Yep, & it sucks.
Old 10-27-13, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I see people often complaining that there is no CC on the MOD discs. Why in the world isn't there? Can't squeeze it on a bare bones release for the low, low price of $19.99 for one movie? I have VHS Tapes that I recorded on in the 90s, and if I hit mute while recording on DVD, there is CC.
Old 10-27-13, 01:53 AM

and while I am bitching.....
I ordered Oct 8th, and ordered 15 movies. So far, I have had 2 movies shipped to me. At different times of course. Have 2 $3.13 charges I see. Will I get 13 more $3.13 charges down the road?
I didn't expect fast shipping for free, but nearly 3 weeks later, 2 movies? And before you click on the order link for the date ordered, it says shipped, like everything has been shipped.
All it says about the other 13 is....Shipment Status: IN PROCESS
3rd order I have ever made with them, don't recall any issues in the past.
Old 10-27-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by berigan
and while I am bitching.....
I ordered Oct 8th, and ordered 15 movies. So far, I have had 2 movies shipped to me. At different times of course. Have 2 $3.13 charges I see. Will I get 13 more $3.13 charges down the road?
I didn't expect fast shipping for free, but nearly 3 weeks later, 2 movies? And before you click on the order link for the date ordered, it says shipped, like everything has been shipped.
All it says about the other 13 is....Shipment Status: IN PROCESS
3rd order I have ever made with them, don't recall any issues in the past.
These prices are cheap and I am sure a lot of people are ordering. Many popular titles are out of stock. Hopefully they will honor the out of stock items and not send a message that the items are no longer available. Some people, myself included, believe they are getting rid of stock and once the stock is gone these films will only be available at the Warner Archive as burned discs. If that turns out to be true, we will be lucky to receive all our items.

There is lag time between what is said on the website and really time inventory. In other words some items listed as ship in one business day are actually out of stock and should say ship within 10 business days (actually out of stock). Of course because of the greater than normal volume of sales, it is taking longer than one day to ship items that they have. They are also shipping partial orders instead of waiting for all items to be available before shipping. That is a good thing. If they waited for all items to be available we would probably receive a lot less of our orders since items available when orders place may be out of stock by the time the rest of the order was ready.

Last edited by Classic Films; 10-27-13 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-27-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just go to Fry's & price match.
Old 10-27-13, 06:03 PM

Hello. I'd like to price-match 30 DVD's. Here's the website for you to look them up. No, it's OK, I'll wait.
Old 10-27-13, 06:36 PM
Banned

Finally got all that I ordered...That's it...I'm done with them! They, IMO, have amongst the worst customer service on the net!!!!
Old 10-30-13, 03:14 PM

No way to run a railroad! I used my debit card( I know) and finally show a charge for $34. (Seems to be a floating, pending charge-showed up a day or two ago, now shows up as for today, 10-30...pending, and yet I don't have the money. quicker to refund the money if some issue I guess) no email telling me of shipment yet. and...so. On my order page. 2 separate shipments of one film. Then this big order. then 2 more movies at the bottom of the page...nothing says backorder for them...just that I will get charged $6.26...eventually.
All the grief thrown the way of DD and I never, ever had issues like this....
Old 11-05-13, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

So far, I've received 22 out of 27 DVDs across 3 orders, and they've mostly been shipped in 2 or 3 DVD installments. I wish the service were faster or more efficient, but for less than $3 apiece (WB sent me two $5 birthday coupons (one per account) plus I used online coupons ), I can't really complain. I'm getting pressed discs for a bargain price when in a few months these titles will be only available as DVD-Rs for $19.99.

Last edited by Gobear; 11-05-13 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-05-13, 03:08 PM

I'm still waiting on some of the stuff I ordered during the $3.59 sale. I hope it doesn't get canceled.
Old 11-06-13, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I give up. I've placed the same order twice, with paypal. Get confirmation, etc. Then later get an email to call and the order was unable to be processed. I call and they can tell me nothing other than its been cancelled. Lame company!
Old 11-07-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I have received 4 shipments containing a total of 11 DVDs from one order. I still have 3 more DVDs in process from the same order. They are shipping them as they come in. I am glad they are shipping items they clearly had run out of stock and are willing to pay for all these shipping charges. I ordered with free shipping.