Reload this Page >

Some Cheap TV on Dvd at Sam's Club - YMMV

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 03-13-12, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I went to Sam's Club last night, and they had an endcap with various tv seasons for around 11 bucks. Some ones I remember where Numbers Season 2, NCIS, and CSI Miami Season 4.
Old 03-13-12, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Some Cheap TV on Dvd at Sam's Club - YMMV

Thanks for posting as such info is always nice to have, but if I'm not mistaken Big Lots, Walmart, and Target have had a "plethora" of $10 TV season deals over the last year or so. I'm not sure if those titles were included, but I've seen so many $10 TV seasons on sale that my eyes and peabrain seriously glaze over when I hear about more. I just say "too much" and ignore them... sort of like how my peabrain mostly turns off when scanning $3 DVDs at BLs. I can do it now by just reading the stickers on the top in 5-10 minutes. Only if a title is really special does my peabrain recognize it. Same with TV seasons over $7. BB had Mission Impossible and a few other old series I'd like to own for $9.99 recently and I still passed due to cheap TV season overload.

My Sam's Club's DVD section is so small now I'd be shocked to see much of anything ever there since there's so little room. I think it has been a couple years since I've bought a movie or game from them. Sam's Club makes my Walmart look like they have a big movie selection (and they don't).
Old 04-15-12, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Found a two-pack of All in the Family Seasons 7 and 8 for $18.98 today. These seasons were licensed to Shout Factory and this is definitely the cheapest I've seen them sell for.

FWIW, the price tag lists $18.88, but it rang up ten cents higher.
Old 04-15-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Designing Women Season 1 & 2 around $20 for both
Old 04-16-12, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Designing Women Season 1 & 2 around $20 for both
Jim, were those the only seasons they had for this show available? I'm thinking of getting this for my friend for Christmas but wanting to be sure they have the other season intact.
Old 04-16-12, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rmw650
Jim, were those the only seasons they had for this show available? I'm thinking of getting this for my friend for Christmas but wanting to be sure they have the other season intact.
Yeah, those were the only 2 I seen, I need the others myself. That's a good deal for those since they normally sell for $20 - $25 each plus those are the better seasons IMO.
Old 04-17-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Yeah, those were the only 2 I seen, I need the others myself. That's a good deal for those since they normally sell for $20 - $25 each plus those are the better seasons IMO.
Jim, I appreciate the heads-up on this and that's a damn good deal for this show, now with it finishing up in July 2012.