DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Cert for "Happy Holidays"

Awesome.
Old 12-15-11, 03:09 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I messaged Reward Zone customer service several days ago letting them know I didn’t get the $10 certificate. I got an automated response instructing me to reply to the email if I didn’t mind waiting a few days for a response. So I did that, and yesterday, they apologized via e-mail and gave me a $20 Reward Zone certificate. Go figure. I’ve had so many problems in-store with them, it was nice at least in this case to have a friendly person who actually was helpful and rewarded the thousands of dollars I’ve no doubt spent there over the years.
Old 12-15-11, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be messaging them later tonight
Old 12-15-11, 05:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyWilbury
I messaged Reward Zone customer service several days ago letting them know I didn’t get the $10 certificate. I got an automated response instructing me to reply to the email if I didn’t mind waiting a few days for a response. So I did that, and yesterday, they apologized via e-mail and gave me a $20 Reward Zone certificate. Go figure. I’ve had so many problems in-store with them, it was nice at least in this case to have a friendly person who actually was helpful and rewarded the thousands of dollars I’ve no doubt spent there over the years.
How long did it take them to respond to your email after you replied to that email they sent you?
Old 12-15-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Jyst sent a similar email asking about the $10 cert which I have not received.
Old 12-16-11, 09:22 AM
Cool New Member

I think I have bought maybe ONE thing from BB in the past year only to return it a few weeks later.

I didn't receive a certficiate either.

If they were a little more competitve with their pricing on items I want to buy I'd be more inclined to shop there more often.

The only "good thing" they've done is give me an extra year or so of their subpar gaming magazine. So I basically got 2.5 yrs for only $10. Have yet to use any of the coupons though.
Old 12-16-11, 09:50 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by kodave
How long did it take them to respond to your email after you replied to that email they sent you?
I think it was a good 3 or 4 days at least. The e-mail they sent me stated that, due to high volume of e-mails, they wouldn’t be able to respond in the normal 72 hours or less. I think it stated that I should call them or, if I didn’t mind waiting extra time, respond to their e-mail and then they would e-mail back at some point in the future.
Old 12-16-11, 01:45 PM
Cool New Member

Well I emailed them just to see what happened.

I got an automated response saying the fastest way to get a response is to call directly or wait up to 72 hrs for email response. Respond to email if willing to wait so I did.

Got an email about 30 min later awarding me a $10 certificate that doesn't expire until 4/2012.
Old 12-16-11, 04:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyWilbury
I think it was a good 3 or 4 days at least. The e-mail they sent me stated that, due to high volume of e-mails, they wouldn’t be able to respond in the normal 72 hours or less. I think it stated that I should call them or, if I didn’t mind waiting extra time, respond to their e-mail and then they would e-mail back at some point in the future.
So "some point in the future" was 3 or 4 days later?
Old 12-16-11, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by SI78
Forget a $10 certificate, I would be happy if Best Buy would send me ANY of the items I ordered on Thanksgiving that were erroneously listed as in stock and are as of today still on backorder (although they certainly managed to remove the funds from my bank account).
I'm in the same boat except two days ago I got an email indicating that my orders were cancelled. They have yet to credit my account. Anyone ever try to get them to substitute a different item for the one that is out of stock? (I ordered a 1500VA APC UPS)
Old 12-17-11, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I emailed them the day before yesterday about the $10 RZ certificate and just received an email saying a $10 certificate has been added to my account. Awesome.
Old 12-17-11, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When people have success, it tempts me to send an email too. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained", I guess. Could someone give me a rough idea what you said that got you the $10 RZ certificate via email? I'd say something like:
I heard that Best Buy was giving customers a $10 "Happy Holidays" Reward Zone certificate, but I never received one. Could you check my acount ______ to see if I should've gotten one and if so could you please add it?
Seriously, I wouldn't know what else to say, so if there are any other tips/additions for success, please tell me and I'll them email tonight. I don't like calling them (as the wait is often 10-15 minutes), but I can handle a brief email. Do they have a direct email address or do I have to go through Contact Us once I log in? Thanks.
Old 12-17-11, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a response and a $10 RZ certificate. Couldn't have been any easier.
Old 12-17-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I called and politely asked why I didn't receive any compensation for CITIZEN KANE being canceled after I got it for the BEN HUR debacle. Got the nicest rep and she said that was a mystery as I was entitled to compensation for KANE too. She gave me a $15 gift card. Then I asked about the Reward Zone certificate that friends have gotten and I haven't and she said, "Wow, we are just forgetting about you completely it seems! That's not right!" So she gave me the $10 certificate as well. That's the second excellent experiences with their phone customer service I have had in the past month. And all of it with reps in the U.S.!
Old 12-17-11, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

After reading this I'm confused on one point, -I had a order in on "Kane" and like a lot of you, my order was cancelled, though I didn't get the e-mail. Did Best Buy charge my credit card when it was placed on backorder?

Last edited by DWilson; 12-17-11 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-17-11, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by SI78
Forget a $10 certificate, I would be happy if Best Buy would send me ANY of the items I ordered on Thanksgiving that were erroneously listed as in stock and are as of today still on backorder (although they certainly managed to remove the funds from my bank account).
Same thing happened to me. I ordered 2 PS3 games that were listed in stock on Thanksgiving morning. It took BB 9 days to ship them, then another week for them to arrive. At least both games were $10 off and the shipping was free, but the frustrating part was that my local BB had both games in stock on Black Friday. I was tempted to re-buy them, but ultimately I waited for them to arrive in my mailbox.
Old 12-17-11, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now I feel gypped not getting any RZ rewards OR anything for being shafted on the Citizen Kane BLur ray deal.
Old 12-17-11, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
I emailed them the day before yesterday about the $10 RZ certificate and just received an email saying a $10 certificate has been added to my account. Awesome.
No response yet to the email i sent on 12/15 other than the auto response asking for reply, which I replied to.
Old 12-17-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sent one the day after the thread started and nothing.
Old 12-20-11, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Still no reply & no cert. Guess i don't matter to BB. That's how they usually treat me........
Old 12-20-11, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I think they were bullshitting when they said that everybody would get one and they were just running behind.
Old 12-21-11, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They gave me $5
Old 12-21-11, 09:58 AM
Cool New Member

I was bored so I decided to call about it and the lady put 500 points (10$) into my account no questions asked. They will be active in 24 hours apparently.
Old 12-22-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They wrote back today & gave me the cert. Took 7 days but at least I got it!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.