DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Deep Discount 25% Sale

Old 11-07-11, 04:34 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 370 Likes on 251 Posts
Re: Deep Discount 25% Sale

Originally Posted by Sondheim
...it's just kind of lame to suggest that those who are finding titles of interest somehow have lower standards for what constitutes a bargain or for what belongs in their collection.
Originally Posted by Pizza
I don't agree with your first comment at all as you make it sound like most folks don't care about what they buy or the cost.
I apologize for my wording, I didn't mean to suggest that anyone has lower standards (that was not my intention and I'm sorry) and I'm glad some of you are finding deals on DVDs that you want to buy, but my sensibilities were a bit ruffled by the phrase "I don't know what all the complaining is about". It can't be all sunny and nice with a Deep Discount sale, not everyone will think it's all that wonderful. None of the DVDs I wanted were on sale excluding those 3, I wish they hadn't marked those up prior to putting them on sale, I wouldn't be here bitching about it, I'd be singing the Deep Discount praises along with the rest of you. But they did, and I won't be singing any praises today thankyouverymuch. -kd5-

Last edited by kd5; 11-07-11 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-07-11, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked through the Dr. Who releases and only about 1 in 10 of them qualified for the sale discount. I checked some blu rays that I want and the only one that qualified was Lord of the Rings extended editions and the price after the discount is within a few cents of Amazon's normal price.

It has gotten to the point where their "sales" involve too much work to save a few pennies on a few items.
Old 11-07-11, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by keithhelms
It has gotten to the point where their "sales" involve too much work to save a few pennies on a few items.
That's what this thread could be useful for. People post their finds, we might find a few items browsing this thread that it would've taken 23x as long to find browsing DD. Much quicker to browse this thread. It would be even quicker if this thread had as many deal finds as DD dead-horse arguments.
Old 11-07-11, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still say Deepdiscount.com needs to redo their entire website to make it appear more cleaner and much easier to navigate and not too thrilled about them raising prices on select items, just to only then offer their 25% off discount...not cool at all.
Old 11-07-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Living Deadpan
That's what this thread could be useful for. People post their finds, we might find a few items browsing this thread that it would've taken 23x as long to find browsing DD. Much quicker to browse this thread. It would be even quicker if this thread had as many deal finds as DD dead-horse arguments.
People have, but it's all crap like Zombie Cheerleaders from Hell Part VII. Has anyone found a decent price on a title that normal people would be interested in -- and which isn't up for sale at the same or better price elsewhere every other week?
Old 11-07-11, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
People have, but it's all crap like Zombie Cheerleaders from Hell Part VII.
I'd so buy that.

Has anyone found a decent price on a title that normal people would be interested in -- and which isn't up for sale at the same or better price elsewhere every other week?
The normal people stuff can always be found on sale elsewhere. It's the fringe stuff that makes this type of sale worth it, because it's the midnight movie/cult favorite stuff that barely ever goes on sale elsewhere. (Plus, most of us tend to already have all the normal stuff...)
Old 11-07-11, 08:46 PM

No, not me, I don't have ANY normal stuff.

1 CAV003302 DVD: Sinful Dwarf (Ur) $16.06

This is for the unrated / extended / XXX version of the Sinful Dwarf. Unlike most 'xxx' versions, this is the original film and there are no 'inserts' as such.

Okay, some almost normal stuff:

1 BLG001036 DVD : DJANGO KILL-IF YOU LIVE SHO $ 7.84 In-stock
1 BLG581088 DVD : COMPANEROS $ 5.54 In-stock
1 FXD051930 DVD : BIG TRAIL (FOX GRANDEUR SE) $ 10.75 In-stock
1 NLD010717 DVD : PAN'S LABYRINTH $ 6.95 New-Price
1 WBD020184 DVD : OUTLAW JOSEY WALES, THE $ 6.46 In-stock
1 WBD070097 DVD : PAPILLON $ 5.02 New-Price
Old 11-07-11, 08:55 PM

I am so annoyed. I placed an initial order and decided to add items to it, so placed a second order about 30 minutes later. I tried canceling the initial order right away, and they tell me I can't because the order is being "processed". That was Thursday, and my order STILL hasn't shipped. You're telling me nothing could've been done in the mean time to cancel it?? Stupid.
Old 11-07-11, 09:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

That's classic DD. Try contacting them again. If it hasn't shipped and is on backorder. You might have a case to cancel.
Old 11-07-11, 10:39 PM

People have, but it's all crap like Zombie Cheerleaders from Hell Part VII. Has anyone found a decent price on a title that normal people would be interested in -- and which isn't up for sale at the same or better price elsewhere every other week?
Yes.
Old 11-07-11, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is this "normal" you speak of?
Old 11-08-11, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

Got a shipping notification for Maniac Cop (BD) and the two volumes of 42nd Street Forever (DVD) that I ordered. I guess they might have got more orders than expected for Frankenhooker.
Old 11-08-11, 11:16 AM

Picked up Ravenous for $6.12 which seems like a decent deal. Have been meaning to upgrade from my VHS to DVD for ages now. I agree with the sentiment that DD has gone downhill the last couple years. Shame as I really liked them but don't order much anymore.
Old 11-08-11, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by clckworang
Got a shipping notification for Maniac Cop (BD) and the two volumes of 42nd Street Forever (DVD) that I ordered. I guess they might have got more orders than expected for Frankenhooker.
I've mentioned this before on another thread, but I'm STILL waiting on my Frankenhooker Blu-Ray to show up. I know it's just out today, but they sent me a shipping confirmation (with tracking number) on October 13th and I still haven't seen it, or the replacement they shipped out 8 days ago. I was going to buy a couple things from the sale, but now I don't know after the tremendous wait it's been to get 1 movie.
Old 11-08-11, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 750 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Phibes
I've mentioned this before on another thread, but I'm STILL waiting on my Frankenhooker Blu-Ray to show up. I know it's just out today, but they sent me a shipping confirmation (with tracking number) on October 13th and I still haven't seen it, or the replacement they shipped out 8 days ago. I was going to buy a couple things from the sale, but now I don't know after the tremendous wait it's been to get 1 movie.
That's worrisome, but considering how much cheaper it is than anywhere else, I'll give DD a little bit of leeway - at least until it shows up somewhere cheaper.
Old 11-08-11, 12:49 PM

I ordered Frankenhooker and Basket Case on Saturday and got a shipping notice only for Basket Case yesterday. Its weird that you got a shipping notice for Frankenhooker so far in advance of the release date.
Old 11-08-11, 02:03 PM

I don't see a Deep Discount Blu Ray Sale thread, but Blue Velvet Blu Ray is $12.01
Old 11-08-11, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by adam_omega
I'd so buy that.
If it was made pre '94
Old 11-08-11, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravid
I ordered Frankenhooker and Basket Case on Saturday and got a shipping notice only for Basket Case yesterday. Its weird that you got a shipping notice for Frankenhooker so far in advance of the release date.

Yeah, I was pretty excited as I never get anything to ship before the release date, but now the release date has come and gone and I still have nothing. Not a huge deal really as I've seen Frankenhooker at least 3 times, but it's like 5 days short of a month since it shipped now, I'm getting sick of saying "shit!" every time I check the mail.

I also ordered The Dorm That Dripped Blood the same day, but you can't even find that on DeepDiscount without using Google, and when you do it says it's unavailable.

Oh well, if I ever get Frankenhooker before the sale ends I might grab a few things.
Old 11-09-11, 12:37 AM

order #1:

Evil Dead 25th Anniversary BluRay $8.99
Humanoids From the Depp DVD $13.99
Grindhouse Double Feature (Don't Look in the Basement/Don't Open the door) $9.61

Didn't really have time to look & see what else I could find as of yet...
Old 11-09-11, 06:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by efordvt
I don't see a Deep Discount Blu Ray Sale thread, but Blue Velvet Blu Ray is $12.01
Coming up at $10.90 now when I clicked on your link.
Old 11-09-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dressed to Kill is $10.97, but as they charge shipping now I'll just wait until it hits $9.99 on Amazon. For those of you who didn't use the $5 off coupon earlier, you can pre-order Evil Dead 2 for $8.99.
Old 11-09-11, 09:29 AM

I also ordered The Dorm That Dripped Blood the same day, but you can't even find that on DeepDiscount without using Google, and when you do it says it's unavailable.
It should be under "Pranks". Confused me at first as I owned it as "The Dorm that Dripped Blood" on VHS. Great little 80's slasher flick.

EDIT: They have the DVD listed but it comes up as a poster when clicking on it. Strange as I bought this dvd from them about six months ago.

EDIT 2: Looks like the dvd appears as available when adding it to a shopping cart. Doesn't seem to come up at the higher poster price so thinking it might work. Comes to $10 with tax.

Last edited by wildcardCharlie; 11-09-11 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-09-11, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

All Blu.

West Side Story Gift Set
Item #: MGM424521 $32.98 1
$32.98
FYI early reviews say transfer is bad but there should be replacement discs for those who want them sometime after release.
Open
To Live and Die in L.A. [Blu-ray]
Item #: FXD423270 $9.42 1
$9.42
Open
All About Eve (60th Anniversary) Digibook
Item #: FXD070687 $14.13 1
$14.13
Open
The Music Man [Blu-ray]
Item #: WBD014889 $12.58 1
$12.58
Open

The Diary of Anne Frank [50th Anniversary Edition] [Blu-ray]
Item #: FXD058110 $15.82 1
$15.82
Old 11-09-11, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wildcardCharlie
It should be under "Pranks". Confused me at first as I owned it as "The Dorm that Dripped Blood" on VHS. Great little 80's slasher flick.

EDIT: They have the DVD listed but it comes up as a poster when clicking on it. Strange as I bought this dvd from them about six months ago.

EDIT 2: Looks like the dvd appears as available when adding it to a shopping cart. Doesn't seem to come up at the higher poster price so thinking it might work. Comes to $10 with tax.
Sorry, I forgot I was in the DVD forum, I ordered the Synapse Blu-Ray/DVD version, that one is listed under The Dorm... title. But you have to type Deep Discount Dorm Blood into google to pull this up:
http://www.deepdiscount.com/bluray/T...scs-Blu-rayDVD

And I guess they got some more in because I just got a shipping notice. Really hoping this one doesn't get Frankenhookered on me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.